Verified by Visa card authorisation problem

13»

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    CATE48 wrote: »
    I have a slightly different problem, I had never registered for verified by visa until I started to have a problem and my current bank never asked for any verification, it just failed. There are several online shopping websites I have used with no problem for a while, which wont now proceed past the verified by visa stage stage in the process. My bank Santander say its not their problem because the websites don't submit a payment request to them . The websites, specifically Sainsbury's say its a card problem because it wont go past the verified by visa stage. And visa themselves seem to be impossible to contact. If anyone knows how I can resolve this it will really help. Its not the first time its happened to me. I changed banks last time to get away from this problem.

Ask your card provider how to register for Verified by Visa?
  • I had the same issue with the Verified by Visa complaining that my date of birth was wrong.

It was asking for date of birth in the format DDMMYY.

Below this was a box asking for my card expiry date in the format of MMYYYY.

I had incorrectly entered my card expiry date in the format MMYY.

Quite why VfV want you to enter two dates next to each other in different year formats I don't know - bad design.

But the error message was misleading - it wasn't the date of birth that was wrong, just the expiry date format.
  • bigbloke45
    bigbloke45 Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Seems not to be working today. Anyone got problems with this. I bank with Santander.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure