WonderBill

ozaz
ozaz Posts: 315 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
I've just seen an advert for a service called WonderBill
https://www.wonderbill.com/

It seems to collate all your household and personal bills into a single dashboard for easy monitoring as well as provides a recommendation/switch service when it notices you could be on a better deal.

It does not seem to have been around very long (started in 2016).

Has anyone tried it?
Are there other services out there which do the same thing?

Cheers

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Why would you want to give a single website access to all your personal account data? These sites are parasitic: they are paid for by referral fees that are added to all our bills. I doubt that they will be recommending energy suppliers such as Iresa and Zog that don't pay these fees. It you want the cheapest deals then it is worth setting up a simple spreadsheet and doing the work yourself.

For example, I have just renewed my car insurance with a five star rated insurer that doesn't allow its deals to appear on price comparison sites.
  • ozaz
    Hengus wrote: »
    Why would you want to give a single website access to all your personal account data?

Convenience. Save time.
    Hengus wrote: »
    I doubt that they will be recommending energy suppliers such as Iresa and Zog that don't pay these fees. It you want the cheapest deals then it is worth setting up a simple spreadsheet and doing the work yourself.

If you have the time to dedicate to it then sure.

I don't expect to get the absolute cheapest deals using comparison sites. But they invariably find something significantly cheaper than renewal price with current provider, so are better than doing nothing.
  • Dicegirly
    Dicegirly Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I came here to look if anyone had any experience with Wonder bill, as I thought it looked interesting.
    Has anyone used it?
    Any admin got any advice please?
  • ozaz
    Dicegirly wrote: »
    I came here to look if anyone had any experience with Wonder bill, as I thought it looked interesting.
    Has anyone used it?
    Any admin got any advice please?

I haven't tried it yet.
  • There is also another service called Onedox which started before Wonderbill. I use both but find Onedox is much better and easier to use. It also does car tax reminders etc. Really useful for keeping track of bills and switching when the contract ends/saving money!
  • tonycottee
    tonycottee Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    edited 4 July 2017 at 4:39PM
    I've found WonderBill quite useful. Although I can't use my Talkmobile account with it http://www.householdmoneysaving.com/wonderbill/
  • I find a combination of a calendar / spreadsheet / direct debits / internet achieves the same result.
  • Onedox
    Onedox Posts: 1 Organisation Representative
    Hi there, I'm Julieanne from Onedox and just wanted to address some points made:

"Both of these services require you to share each and every one of your usernames / passwords for each provider account you have"
    The security and privacy of our customers' data is our utmost priority. We employ a vast array of industry standard security measures to protect your data both whilst it is stored and also when it is transmitted.

"According to some reviews, they can't integrate all accounts e.g. some energy companies and most others."
    At the moment Onedox covers energy, mobile, car and home media service providers in the UK, including 99% of the UK's energy providers. We are adding new ones each week according to a combination of what makes most sense and customer demand. Next up are: home and car insurance, water bills and council tax as well as free-form bills and reminders.

"OneDox is making a HUGE LOSS, e.g. £100k loss with revenues of £4k."
    Since our launch in 2015, we have been investing money to build a product that can be useful for people, while saving them time and money. We've not been focussed on making money out of it at this stage but we do want to create a valuable product and service for consumers and something valuable for us to run. We've recently come through a round of crowdfunding and happy to say we're hiring and developing the service as we speak.

I hope that answers any questions but feel free to reach out via the chat window on our website, I'll be happy to help!

Julieanne
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Onedox. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Virtually all of the providers such as Wonderbill, Onedox and other copycat websites use screen-scraping. They require you to share your username and password credentials for each of your accounts, and keep the session open. This screen-scraping has been banned under PSD2 in banking, so its only a matter of time before it will be banned in utilities.
    no signature
  • ozaz
    edited 25 October 2018 at 9:24PM
    Chappers27 wrote: »
    This screen-scraping has been banned under PSD2 in banking

It's not banned at the moment. It's actually an approved way to grant access to your bank account as long as the company you are sharing with is FCA-approved as an AISP
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure