ESA Support group in for a ROUGH Ride in 2017 (Support group to be CRUSHED!)

Comments

• DomRavioli wrote: »
    As a disabled person who works 40 hours a week and gets top level DLA on an indefinite basis, and who previously claimed ESA purely because I was physically unable to work, your comment is literally invalid. For the vast majority of people, having a disability isn't a lifestyle - I'd rather have my sight back than get extra money.

Go be a daily mail reader somewhere else, because it isn't tolerated here.

I have a disability that causes me to have frequent seizures and unable to get work. I need my benefits money to survive. However, I would rather be in work. I just end up with the stress of repeatedly going through tribunals for both ESA and PIP.
  • schrodie
    schrodie Posts: 8,410 Forumite
    Paragraph 114 is the one to watch!! I've underlined the salient part. Also the tory version of 'light touch' may well involve a very big stick and a very small carrot.
    114) As there is currently no requirement for people in the Support Group to stay in touch with the Jobcentre, besides engaging with reassessments, we could consider implementing a ‘keep-in-touch’ discussion with work coaches. This could provide an opportunity for work coaches to offer appropriate support tailored to the individual’s current circumstances, reflecting any changes since their Work Capability Assessment. This light-touch intervention could be explored as a voluntary or mandatory requirement and we would consider our approach carefully, utilising digital and telephone channels in addition to face-to-face contact, depending on which was more appropriate for the individual and their circumstances.
  • JS477
    JS477 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    schrodie wrote: »
    Paragraph 114 is the one to watch!! I've underlined the salient part. Also the tory version of 'light touch' may well involve a very big stick and a very small carrot.

The DWP don't do anything with a "light touch".
  • JS477 wrote: »
    The DWP don't do anything with a "light touch".

Especially when disabled people are concerned they secretly do not give 2 hoots for the disabled.

Why do many people still do not see this but think the DWP are doing disabled people good?
  • ellejm
    ellejm Posts: 9 Forumite
    They aren't there's no logic in any of it, it's a total waste of time and money..one person can be sent for a PIP assessment then an ESA one which is pretty much the same give or take, done by the same people in the same building...you would have thought they wouldn't waste 'hardworking taxpayers' money in this way..

Theres no logic or sense in any of it...2 years ago I tried to get PIP, I submitted all evidence possible and was refused, waited a whopping 72 weeks to get to tribunal who found in my favour and awarded me standard care..I wasn't happy with this but grateful for anything...it meant my claim ran out the following July and I had to be back paid....

In the July when it ran out I submitted the claim again and was awarded enhanced care and standard mobility which is in line with my illness and medications, my claim was done within 8 weeks..
    There's no standard or guidelines for them to stick to, even wearing make up can have the claim denied..
    how can my claims be so different when my health is the same ?
  • DomRavioli wrote: »
    As a disabled person who works 40 hours a week and gets top level DLA on an indefinite basis, and who previously claimed ESA purely because I was physically unable to work, your comment is literally invalid. For the vast majority of people, having a disability isn't a lifestyle - I'd rather have my sight back than get extra money.

Go be a daily mail reader somewhere else, because it isn't tolerated here.
    CTcelt1988 wrote: »
    Makes me sick that people like you grudges support to people who need support. Who knows, one day you might need to fall on ESA if you get ill.

Your so ignorant that you fail to realise that you get DLA/PIP whether you work or not.

Oh and plenty of disabled people work who get DLA. I'm one of them.

I think it's fair that the person who posted their comments is a troll.

They only registered two months ago and it appears a lot of their comments are benefit bashing, and judging by their name and avatar, they are a fan of a vile piece of work that is thankfully no longer with us, which probably says more about them than any benefit claimant.
    Weight Loss - Start (21st September 2016) 13st 10lbs, Current 10st 10lb (20th August 2017) :cool: :j

Target 11st 3lbs - Completed :D

New target - lose remainder of fat and gain muscle :cool:
  • Would that be the much reviled Jimmy?
  • Bogalot
    Bogalot Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    My OH works 40 hours a week in a hard manual job and drives an hour each way to and from work and he claims DLA quite legitimately. (Mental health- he's acutely delusional) If I lost my PIP and ESA I would have to live off my partner- the last job I attempted to go for told me I'm a health and safety risk. Unstable personality disorders such as mine don't work well with other people!

Are the DVLA aware that your partner is acutely delusional? :eek:
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,919 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Actually, a fair few in SG will no longer need re-assessments, so that is an improvement.

The support/activities will apparently take many years to be feasible (if ever!) and will only be offered to those able to use it.

Benefit and Works do great guides, for when claiming , but it has to be said their forum isn't brilliant, and their newspage verges into scaremongering hysteria at times.:wall:

I take little notice of their prophecies and predictions, as very few ever see the light of day.

Lin :)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • I have just be taken off esa support group due to the medical, as i did permitted work i stopped doing this as this has always been the case before however i have had to apply for jsa.

Jsa are now saying that they will not pay me the full amount as by finishing permitted work i have meade myself unemployed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure