Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 30
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 1st Oct 13, 4:46 PM
    • 13,191 Posts
    • 29,724 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    I am sure I opted for fuel vouchers. Nice scam, checked again today and the limited range of vouchers are no good to me
    Originally posted by RussWWFC
    Have you contacted them and told them they have sent you the wrong vouchers and that you asked for fuel vouchers?

How is it a scam? I would have thought they would make more profit from you buying their petrol than giving you a gift voucher.
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 1st Oct 13, 9:46 PM
    • 1,590 Posts
    • 1,493 Thanks
    JDPower
    Last post I did I had been asked by Shell to wait until 30 Sept for the voucher. Still not received.
    Originally posted by maverick777
    You guys are not alone, clearly there's a batch that haven't been sent out for whatever reason. I would have expected at least some kind of communication to apologise/explain the situation by now.
  • Jr_1990
    I have the same problem, I am yet to receive anything. After trying to call Shell last night, I gave up after being on hold for 30 minutes.

On my points history on the shell website, it shows the 40000 points were added, but end of July they were taken off my account, is this the same for anyone else?

Many thanks
  • MightyDeals representative
    Hi Everyone,

If you still do not have your voucher please email me at customerfeedback@mightydeals.co.uk - I will speak to Shell for you.

Kind Regards,

Neil Campbell
    ďOfficial Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of MightyDeals. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • RussWWFC
    • By RussWWFC 2nd Oct 13, 3:25 PM
    • 560 Posts
    • 182 Thanks
    RussWWFC
    Have you contacted them and told them they have sent you the wrong vouchers and that you asked for fuel vouchers?

How is it a scam? I would have thought they would make more profit from you buying their petrol than giving you a gift voucher.
    Originally posted by POPPYOSCAR
    Well the vouchers are no use to me. From what I could see they did:

Arcadia Group - overpriced clothes shops, if it had been Primark I'd be happy

iTunes - don't spend enough on apps to make it worthwhile

B&Q - not a homeowner

Argos - no purchases from there for the foreseeable future, shame as I have spent over £70 recently

And that was all they did. I'd have been happy with Waitrose (or another supermarket) or indeed Shell, but they don't sell those vouchers

And I can't exchange them... here is email confirmation

Dear Mr ****,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Shell Driversí Club.

We would like to inform you that, once the points are redeemed for a reward, it is not possible to re-credit them even if the reward is not used.
    Wycombe Till I Die
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 2nd Oct 13, 3:58 PM
    • 1,590 Posts
    • 1,493 Thanks
    JDPower
    On my points history on the shell website, it shows the 4000 points were added, but end of July they were taken off my account, is this the same for anyone else?
    Originally posted by Jr_1990
    My account is still showing the 4000 points.

B&Q - not a homeowner

Argos - no purchases from there for the foreseeable future, shame as I have spent over £70 recently

And that was all they did. I'd have been happy with Waitrose (or another supermarket) or indeed Shell, but they don't sell those vouchers
    Sounds like you may have forgotten to change your choice of reward to petrol vouchers when you signed up
    • I-LOV-MONEY
    • By I-LOV-MONEY 2nd Oct 13, 4:21 PM
    • 1,101 Posts
    • 603 Thanks
    I-LOV-MONEY
    Well the vouchers are no use to me.
    Maybe if you contacted Neil he might be able to intervene.
    Thank you for reading this message.
    • eschaton
    • By eschaton 2nd Oct 13, 4:44 PM
    • 1,913 Posts
    • 1,667 Thanks
    eschaton

B&Q - not a homeowner

And I can't exchange them... here is email confirmation

Dear Mr ****,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Shell Driversí Club.

We would like to inform you that, once the points are redeemed for a reward, it is not possible to re-credit them even if the reward is not used.

You get the opportunity to pick your choice of reward, it isn't random.

If you picked the wrong one then you can't really blame someone else.
    • flossy50
    • By flossy50 2nd Oct 13, 10:48 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    flossy50
    Received card 29/5...registered for fuel right away....have had various deadlines...last one was 30/9. Have subsequently been told that voucher has been issued....must have been lost in post....is being cancelled and I should have reissued voucher in another 2 weeks. I will believe it when I see it, and will probably find its not for the petrol I requested if I ever get anything.
    And yes, the 4000 points have been removed, but from earlier comments it seems clear that for some people vouchers have none the less NOT been sent. Royal Mail delivery is not that bad!
    • matt_66
    • By matt_66 3rd Oct 13, 10:05 AM
    • 92 Posts
    • 211 Thanks
    matt_66
    I paid my £10 when the offer was live and patiently waited for the voucher to arrive.

I received an email in August from MD to say the voucher would come later than advertised but would still turn up.

It turned up Mid September and I kept it in the car until prices at the pump came down.

I finally used it yesterday at my local Shell @ £1.299 meaning I got 7.7L of free fuel.

Thank you to Shell & MD for running this promotion. I hope it happens again in the future.
    • jmrance1
    • By jmrance1 3rd Oct 13, 7:22 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    jmrance1
    I still haven't got my vouchers. My boyfriend hasn't either.
    Trash to Cash 2010 - Jan £74.06, Feb £119.67, Mar £529.23
    TOTAL - £722.96

• JDPower
    • By JDPower 3rd Oct 13, 7:28 PM
    • 1,590 Posts
    • 1,493 Thanks
    JDPower
    Originally posted by jmrance1
    Me either
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 3rd Oct 13, 8:21 PM
    • 40,482 Posts
    • 24,575 Thanks
    Quentin
    The OP prophesied something like this when she started this thread back in May to alert us to this (too good to be true) mighty deal - bearing in mind what we already knew then about previous mighty deals service!

..... Thought I`d mention it although there`s bound to be a catch, lol.....
    Originally posted by mrsagill
  • MightyDeals representative
    Originally posted by jmrance1
    Hi Jmrance,

Hopefully this has been resolved for you now.

Kind Regards,

Neil Campbell
    Mighty Deals
    ďOfficial Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of MightyDeals. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • GB_blue
    I emailed shell and have been told a new order has been placed and should be with me in 10 working days, here's hoping!
  • Grush
    Hi Jmrance,

Kind Regards,

Neil Campbell
    Mighty Deals
    Originally posted by MightyDeals representative
    I've still not recieved mine. I've just logged in and it shows 4000 points being credited and then removed on the 30/06/2013, exchanged for "Money off Fuel Vouchers". I'm yet to recieve these.
    • eschaton
    • By eschaton 4th Oct 13, 6:27 PM
    • 1,913 Posts
    • 1,667 Thanks
    eschaton
    I spent my £24.50 voucher today.

When is the next deal like this?

Cashback also went payable as well.

Happy days!!!
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 5th Oct 13, 2:28 AM
    • 1,590 Posts
    • 1,493 Thanks
    JDPower
    Hi Jmrance,

Kind Regards,

Neil Campbell
    Mighty Deals
    Originally posted by MightyDeals representative
    And the rest of us???
  • GB_blue
    My voucher arrived today, never in doubt
    • kumarana
    • By kumarana 7th Oct 13, 2:02 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    kumarana
    Shell
    Hi

I am on the same boat.Still waiting for voucher,my shell satement on august and september has 4000 points but on oct 4000 is missing.I have opted for money off voucher and done all the steps as told by mighty deals
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

187Posts Today

3,397Users online

Martin's Twitter