wombling in tesco - what's safe

Comments

• Loop
    Loop Posts: 2,717 Forumite
    I got my 1st womble today!!! just under 100 points too! I never pick up recipts on the floor, only if they are left in a trolley thats near me or the one im using etc...tmy store are superhot on rubbish so its not easy to do!
    :wall:Crazy Nutters Club Member 003 :wall:
  • Timmne
    Timmne Posts: 2,555 Forumite
    Hi ev1 - I would just like to add that my husband buys items and keeps his receipts so I can then add them onto our acc (I only have 1 clubcard) - so there are genuine people who have their points added this way!!

There are, but there won't be soon when Tesco decide to pull the policy of adding points on later at customers' requests. Again, the genuine will be penalised because of the greedy....
  • ............whatever!
    I'm getting older, and lifes getting harder!:mad:
  • Timmne
    Timmne Posts: 2,555 Forumite
    Whatever..... yes, of course :rolleyes: .

It happened to R&R, so it's not unlikely. Tesco don't do things necessarily to stop them losing money, they do things to stop people taking them for mugs and it usually impacts on the people that use these things in the way they were intended.
  • stebiz
    stebiz Posts: 6,590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Tesco don't like getting taken for mugs - and neither do I but after reading this article at the weekend I feel like a MUG.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=439848&in_page_id=1770#Sta rtComments

Sorry if I'm a bit off topic :mad: :mad: but my morals and Tesco don't go hand in hand.

Stebiz
    Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies
  • floydy
    floydy Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    stebiz wrote:
    Tesco don't like getting taken for mugs - and neither do I but after reading this article at the weekend I feel like a MUG.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=439848&in_page_id=1770#Sta rtComments

Sorry if I'm a bit off topic :mad: :mad: but my morals and Tesco don't go hand in hand.

Stebiz
    heard bout this on the radio......reckon this is normal practice for a lot of retailers not just supermarkets......i dont feel like a mug, i just enjoy buying things i need, handing over as many coupons as i dare and watching my points balance rocket.....
    btw, i always enjoy reading ur posts stebiz....
  • PabloNeruda
    PabloNeruda Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    MarkyMarkD wrote:
    If you LIE or IMPLY that YOU forgot to get the clubcard points credited on your own purchases (using receipts that you have wombled) then you are obtaining money by deception.

Really, it's pathetic that people think it's legal OR MORAL to do this.

Agreed. Some people really have no shame.
    Only when the last tree has died
    and the last river has been poisoned
    and the last fish has been caught
    will we realise we cannot eat money
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    OK, I have no shame........:rolleyes:

I got a wombling letter last year and have not wombled much at all since. Certainly wouldn't bother for under 20 points, but I would always pick up an extra-points offer (till-spit) as these seem safe to use by anyone.

In fact I did not womble receipts very often, but sometimes asked for several small ones to be added. When I got the letter and thought about it I realised that I had been asking for points to be added to my card for transactions that had taken place in the same store around the same time that I had used my card. So clearly I hadn't forgotten it that day.

So I got another card in OH's name. Now, if I found a nice receipt I would have no qualms about adding the points to the card I DIDN'T use that day, or to my Mum's card for which I carry a keyfob.

Sad? Maybe. But Tesco points (mostly earned legitimately I might add) have paid for most of our Summer Holiday this year and we couldn't have afforded to go otherwise (first trip abroad for the kiddies, thanks Mr T!).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ramellous1
    ramellous1 Posts: 391 Forumite
    Tesco are Money Making Experts, this site is Money Saving Expert. Read the side of this page, it says "consumer revenge"
    I am amazed at the amount of posts by people sticking up for firms like Tesco. Take R&R, How many thousands of people have been ripped off by misprices instore? Tesco make over £2 billion profit every year. Imagine that, £2 BILLION, and people spend time castigating folk and calling them pathetic for managing to wangle a couple of quid extra on their clubcard. Tesco want you to have this card, it gathers vast amounts of data they can use in their business. It is for their benefit not ours and they throw us a few pence payment for this valuable data.

My local takes half of my spend in vouchers even if I do not buy the product, so Tesco are defrauding the coupon issuers but who whines about that.
  • littlejaffa
    littlejaffa Posts: 2,251 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    thank you everyone for your comments on my morals and recommendations of how to avoid wombling, but as yet no-one has actaully answered the question - the reason for my post.

If anyone can tell me how much wombling is to much, what generates a letter from tesco please tell me.

in answer to previous sugestions i get a keyfob or use a card in store, i've tried desperatly to do both, it's been 4months since i asked tesco to add points from an instore card to my main account and they can't manage it and sound surprised whenever i remind them i'm still waiting - i've given up on that.
    likewise keyfobs and 2nd cards repeatedly ordered never turn up.
    Tesco seem to be utterly incompetant with this.

As i said we don't spend enough to get 2 seperate cards, i got a £5 last quarter on my card, if that had been spread accross 2 cards i'd have got nothing till next quarter.

If anyone can tell me how much wombling is to much, what generates a letter from tesco please tell me.
    Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
    Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure