*Official* Primark Bargains! - What have you found? *Official*

Comments

• toni_
    toni_ Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    im a big fan of primark, great for pjamas, socks, strappy vest tops £1.50 fab for the summer & for layering, leggings £3, skinny jeans from £7. I found a lovely top with small flowers on for £2 yesterday, its gorgeous :) might go back and get another few. They are also great for cardigans :) thanks for starting this thread op :)
  • evey82
    evey82 Posts: 17 Forumite
    I was in at the weekend and they had some fleecy pj's in the sale for £1 - I got a couple of pairs and love them :)
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I usually buy my linen trousers from M&S but at £35 a pair and I needed 4 pairs for a holiday I went to primark and at £9 a pair and I couldn't tell the difference in quality. :j
  • Dainty1976
    Dainty1976 Posts: 144 Forumite
    I like Primark for the basics - the boys pants stay in good nick for a long time, the vest tops are great for layering and the baby girls summer cotton dresses (under 2yrs) are usually really pretty and well made so definitely worth the 5 to 8 pounds they charge for them.

Just a quick add on that if you have a mobility need (like a walking stick, or a wheelchair/scooter, or someone with you who has) they are the most pro-active store I go to. They always have a til at the far end where you can bypass the long queue to avoid standing for so long. You just wait at the end of the bank of tils and they serve you there straight away.
  • natty76
    natty76 Posts: 115 Forumite
    im always in primark buying bits for me or the kids, it all washes up good doesnt go out of shaoe etc, the ques do put me off a bit but they do move pretty quick or i find in my branch (portsmouth) the upstairs tills the ques are shorter then the ones downstairs. and if you keep your eyes ope they do reduced stuff to like £1 or lower, ive had sum great pjs for £1 ideal xmas presants as they keep the shape ets ive got loads of primark pjs esp the fleece one nice and cosy for winter. so go on grab a bargin!!!!!
  • metoyoubear
    metoyoubear Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    The accessories and handbags are brill,i also love their fleecy pyjamas,it's the only place i buy them.

But i won't buy the Mens t-shirts they seem to lose their shape and go wider even in a 30 degree wash,so i don't bother with those anymore.
  • SabbyK
    SabbyK Posts: 23 Forumite
    I think Primark is great, especially for the linen trousers in the summer - I pretty much live in these when its hot. Also great for pretty camisole type tops and summer tops, especially when the equivalent is about 3x the price in places like Oasis and Warehouse etc.

Not too keen on the kids PJ's - I find the tops especially go wider and shorter in the wash. The fleecy ones are good though having said that.

My kids grow so fast its fab for their clothes, I buy loads for them from there and generally, except for the PJ's as mentioned, quality is never an issue.
  • crystal9
    crystal9 Posts: 3,813 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    never seen a primark post :D.

i went into mine last week and got some good buys

cardigan boots for me size 6 in black and grey for £2 each
    loads of t shirts for my boys £1.50 and some at just 50p. like others have said the t shirts are not always great as they can loose shape but for the price you can not moan even if they only last a few weeks.

i also hate going in later in the day as others have gone in and clothes are just all over the floor so i tend to go in straight after i taken my boys to school all nice and tiday and no queues to fight my way through :D.
    there is rumor that we are having a big store built up with some other shops soon so am looking forward to that.
    have now given up smoking since feb 13th 2014 loving the money I'm saving
  • fm123
    fm123 Posts: 155 Forumite
    last weekthey had kids thermals down to a pound (the more expensive ones)
  • minxtress
    minxtress Posts: 774 Forumite
    grunnie wrote: »
    I usually buy my linen trousers from M&S but at £35 a pair and I needed 4 pairs for a holiday I went to primark and at £9 a pair and I couldn't tell the difference in quality. :j

You might not be able to tell the quality now but after a wash, the seems all twist, i was gutted last year when it happened to mine
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure