Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 5
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 10:48 AM
    • 7,752 Posts
    • 8,727 Thanks
    pelirocco

That site is quite expensive Companies house only charge 1

It would be interesting to know why they abandoned Tor and started up another company

maybe i should check the start up dates of the others first
  • Helford2

It would be interesting to know why they abandoned Tor and started up another company

Originally posted by pelirocco
    However, you can click on documents and there is a bit of summary - without paying!

'Struck off and dissolved' leaps out at me!

p.s. Post 100
    Last edited by Helford2; 04-11-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Post count
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 10:55 AM
    • 7,752 Posts
    • 8,727 Thanks
    pelirocco

CCE 30 june 2004
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 10:58 AM
    • 7,752 Posts
    • 8,727 Thanks
    pelirocco
    CCE 30 june 2004

so Tor traders and CCE were trading at the same time?
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 10:59 AM
    • 7,752 Posts
    • 8,727 Thanks
    pelirocco
    However, you can click on documents and there is a bit of summary - without paying!

'Struck off and dissolved' leaps out at me!

p.s. Post 100
    Originally posted by Helford2

thats the problem with old companies and my credit checking facility , cant see everything
  • glynd
    so Tor traders and CCE were trading at the same time?
    Crown Currency Exchange has been going for a few years.

Crown Holdings is the new kid on the block.

If you check companies house records, much activity takes place in december on all their documents. Which is coincidentally the same month as Councillor Edward Norman James allegedly resigned as a director of both the Crown companies.

Note for the moderators: I use the word allegedly advisedly, as there is no corroborating evidence available at this moment in time, only the filing date of the record, which is dated the 27th September 2010, 2 days before Peter Benstead declared the Crown companies insolvent.
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 11:15 AM
    • 7,752 Posts
    • 8,727 Thanks
    pelirocco
    It looks as tho Tor traders was struck off , they were given 3 months notice on 8th Dec 2009

I dont know why tho ?
  • glynd
    It looks as tho Tor traders was struck off , they were given 3 months notice on 8th Dec 2009

I dont know why tho ?
    So were Tor Traders owned by peter benstead, the owner of Crown Currency Exchange?
    • SallySunshine
    • By SallySunshine 4th Nov 10, 11:24 AM
    • 680 Posts
    • 237 Thanks
    SallySunshine
    Not that I'm being paranoid but there is a problem with 'the other forum'

Will not load and according to my computer diagnosis, they are online. However there seems to be a firewall problem somewhere.

Hackers? Paranormal activities?

Anyone know?
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 11:25 AM
    • 7,752 Posts
    • 8,727 Thanks
    pelirocco
    So were Tor Traders owned by peter benstead, the owner of Crown Currency Exchange?
    Originally posted by glynd

Well at the time they got struck off the directors of Tor were

E james , ans S matthews , and E james had 1 share

previous directors were

P Benstead
    S Benstead
    J bedell
    G Cole
    S grose

So can we class Tor traders as another benstead production?
    • poacherp
    • By poacherp 4th Nov 10, 11:28 AM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 845 Thanks
    poacherp

Will not load and according to my computer diagnosis, they are online. However there seems to be a firewall problem somewhere.

Anyone know?
    Originally posted by SallySunshine
    Methinks the 'Thought Police' have got to them!!
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 11:29 AM
    • 7,752 Posts
    • 8,727 Thanks
    pelirocco

Anyone know?
    Originally posted by SallySunshine

I think we are all having problems ,
  • glynd
    Well at the time they got struck off the directors of Tor were

E james , ans S matthews , and E james had 1 share

previous directors were

P Benstead
    S Benstead
    J bedell
    G Cole
    S grose

So can we class Tor traders as another benstead production?
    Would that be Edward Norman James? Director of Crown Currency Exchange Limited and Crown Holdings (London) Limited until his backdated resignation was filed on the 27th of September, only 48 hours before both Crown Currency Exchange companies were declared insolvent by their Director, the previously convicted fraudster Peter Benstead?

And Steven John Matthews? Secretary of both Crown Currency Exchange Limited and Crown Holdings (London) Limited ?

Were Tor Traders another Fx company? Did they have direct links to the Crown Currency Companies?
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 4th Nov 10, 11:35 AM
    • 20,522 Posts
    • 47,651 Thanks
    peachyprice
    Were Tor Traders another Fx company? Did they have direct links to the Crown Currency Companies?
    Or direct links to anyone else for that matter
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • glynd
    For clarity, any deduction of that nature is purely coincidental. I hope the moderators only remove the post with a direct link to that idea, and not remove the legitimate post.
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 11:39 AM
    • 7,752 Posts
    • 8,727 Thanks
    pelirocco
    Would that be Edward Norman James? Director of Crown Currency Exchange Limited and Crown Holdings (London) Limited until his backdated resignation was filed on the 27th of September, only 48 hours before both Crown Currency Exchange companies were declared insolvent by their Director, the previously convicted fraudster Peter Benstead?

And Steven John Matthews? Secretary of both Crown Currency Exchange Limited and Crown Holdings (London) Limited ?

Tor Traders were listed as AUXILIARY FINANCIAL INTERMEDIATION, what ever that means

And yes the directors seem to pop up all over the place ,in some form or another , so they definitely have links
    • old nutter
    • By old nutter 4th Nov 10, 11:43 AM
    • 521 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    old nutter
    I think we are all having problems ,
    Not just CCEAG. There is a widespread problem in freeforums.org. They are apparently working on it. I guess from the timings that they are based on the west coast USA and they are not yet getting up now (8 hrs behind). I suspect they are going to need to do some serious server work to get it back and may well have to wait until the geeks get going on it. So it is definitely not because of any legals on it.

Just goes to show why you need several ways of doing things in this highly technical world we now seem to take so much for granted.
    Last edited by old nutter; 04-11-2010 at 11:45 AM.
  • DENBOW
    not that i'm being paranoid but there is a problem with 'the other forum'

will not load and according to my computer diagnosis, they are online. However there seems to be a firewall problem somewhere.

Anyone know?
    Originally posted by sallysunshine
    having the same problem
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 4th Nov 10, 11:46 AM
    • 7,752 Posts
    • 8,727 Thanks
    pelirocco
    Not just CCEAG. There is a widespread problem in freeforums.org. They are apparently working on it. I guess from the timings that they are based on the west coast USA and they are not yet getting up now (8 hrs behind). I suspect they are going to need to do some serious server work to get it back and may well have to wait until the geeks get going on it. So it is definitely not because of any legals on it.

Just goes to show why you need several ways of doing things in this highly technical world we now seem to take so much for granted.
    Originally posted by old nutter

Thats good news , thanks for that

I suppose there is always the FB discussion page?
  • glynd
    Tor Traders were listed as AUXILIARY FINANCIAL INTERMEDIATION, what ever that means

And yes the directors seem to pop up all over the place ,in some form or another , so they definitely have links
    Well it suggests to me that they would be legally defined as an Intermediary Payment Service Provider.

That is, they facilitated foreign currency transactions on behalf of others.

Do you think Tor Traders were facilitating Foreign Exchange deals for Crown Currency Exchange?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,905Posts Today

8,127Users online

Martin's Twitter