Continuous payment authority fraud

Options
13»

Comments

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The amount involved means that S75 wouldn't apply.

While I think its likely you're right, might be worthwhile mentioning it would depend on what OP had purchased. If it was a longer subscription paid monthly or whether it was a monthly rolling contract.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • minismith
    Options
    born_again wrote: »
    Can I ask who this service provider is?

How do you know what time they process the transactions? As they will just be a payment process run.
    Given the 1st fell on a weekend. It would not be unusual to process on the last weekday of the month.
    The Service provider used an app for administration/payments/feedback etc.The times/dates of when payments were initiated were available on the app before it was shut down. It did occur to me that they could be just automated payment runs, but in over 4 years of the service. there has not been a month where 2 payments have been taken in the same month.
  • minismith
    Options
    While I think its likely you're right, might be worthwhile mentioning it would depend on what OP had purchased. If it was a longer subscription paid monthly or whether it was a monthly rolling contract.
    It was a monthly rolling contract so I guess Section 75 would not apply. In any case I have the money back on my card now. It will be down to the service provider to argue why he should keep the funds.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,449 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    minismith wrote: »
    The Service provider used an app for administration/payments/feedback etc.The times/dates of when payments were initiated were available on the app before it was shut down. It did occur to me that they could be just automated payment runs, but in over 4 years of the service. there has not been a month where 2 payments have been taken in the same month.

And who are they?????

What service do they provide?
    Life in the slow lane
  • Jumblebumble
    Options
    minismith wrote: »
    Thanks. Yes I intend to initiate this with Lloyds this morning. I read that banks are obliged to cancel the CPA too and can't refer customers to the service provider.

What about customers who have the CPA on a debit card?

Banks still pretend that they cannot stop the CPA
    I got £60.00 compo from the last one that tried it on a few weeks ago by threatening the ombudsman
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    by threatening the ombudsman
    You threatened the Ombudsman? :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income