PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Friday 6th July 2018

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Do you have a shed Judi?

I was thinking more of a patio!

Morning All

Lovely blue skies again, first load of washing finished - DD found a bagful of bath sheets under the bed that they don't use at the moment as drying is a problem in the flat. I'm giving them a rinse through and she can have them back when they move next week.

Sorry your DM's not picking up Gers, hopefully she'll be sorted today.
    Glad you don't have the added stress of the DGC this morning TA.
    Good to hear from you SilverOldie.

My visitors leave today, think we're going for a swim in the Loch before they go then I can go to the allotment. I still have DD's car as DS1 has mine, couldn't really get to the allotment without it. I had some home grown beans yesterday and they were absolutely delicious.

Have a happy Friday, take care. XX
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good morning everyone :hello:
    Another sweltering night here but I managed to stay in bed until 6am. I hope this weather breaks soon as I am struggling :(. Steve has left for work and Phoebe is sat next to me cuddling her cat.

I am hoping Steve will bring back some fish and chips for lunch and then I don't have to cook tea. We have shopping coming this morning so there will be food if he doesn't. That reminds me, I have to clean the fridge ready for the new shopping as someone spilled apple juice on the shelves and didn't clear it up :mad:.

Steve's friend is coming to see us next week which in one way will be lovely for Steve as he is his best friend from years ago but on the other hand it is a tiny bit awkward for me as he is my ex boyfriend from when I was 16. We actually lived together for a short while but obviously it didn't work out as I fell in love with Steve. Anyway, he is a lovely guy and Steve has booked a whole week off work so they can spend time together. I just hope they don't spend too much time reminiscing :o:o:o.

nmlc, I hope you have a brilliant holiday and can put your work worries away xx
    Gers, fingers crossed your mum will be well enough to come home today. My gran used to keep all sorts of bits of food in her fridge too including 1 slice of tomato on a plate with a bowl over it. She never wasted anything and would put me to shame if she was still alive xx
    Holly, sorry you can't sleep, hope you manage to grab 40 winks sometime today xx
    Tru, I have garden envy, when I first moved here I planted loads of flowers and loved gardening, now I am too immobile and I can't get down on my knees but hopefully that will change in the future. Hope you carry on getting lots of joy from your garden xx
    Silver-Oldie, just sending you loads and loads of hugs xx
    Judi, aaargh, hope you manage to keep your hair :D, sending you a bucket load of patience and hugs xx
    TA, I'm so sorry that you have more worries now, please try and take some time for you to offload, it is so important not to bottle things up. Also sending you a bucket load of hugs xx
    AOD, we have a bissell but it only has a small water tank so it is good for spot cleaning but not great at doing a whole room. The best one we had was the orange vax. Hope you manage to get your pension sorted xx
    snoozer, have a lovely time in Thirsk, I love the Yorkshire Vet programme which is set there I believe xx
    bellabella, glad you had a good time at the theatre, I love musicals too xx

Phew, I hope I remembered everyone, hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning :wave:

Heading for the hottest day of the year today according to the weather forecast. Plans are till work till 2 ish then get back into the sun for a few hours.

Had a great day yesterday. We went to a local sizzler pub. I had my go to favourite lamb koftas and my veggie mate had something with squeaky cheese. Had a lovely catch up and a couple of indulgent wines :)

Off to Blackpool tomorrow for a book club meet/ginfest/afternoon tea. Staying in a prom front hotel which is going to be such a laugh ...been many a year since I did Blackpool landlords/ladies in fact the last time if my memory serves me well was with my adopted mum Jackie....wish you were coming again Jacks you would love the planned ginfest :D

Fridge raiding for sustenance today so no doubt something with salad for dinner and possibly a hot dog in between which to my shame I am having a little addiction to right now.

TA so glad your daughter is sorting her childcare you really do need to be focused on you and Mr TA right now.
    Judi sorry to hear about Grump but it did sound inevitable. Maybe he will find something more local now and happier with

Have a lovely day all Im off to soak my baskets :)
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Another lovely day here :j and day off for me, I am up early as I want to get to the shops and back before it gets too hot and crowded.

Once back I shall have a quick tidy through and then this afternoon I shall be on the sofa with the fan on and watching a film and most probably a nap :D

Not sure about dinner tonight I shall buy something while im out this morning nothing too heavy though !

Going to put a wash on before I go out so that it should be finished by the time im back ready to hang out.

TA I hope you hear something today and its not as bad as you fear xxx

Silveroldie please come and post, we miss you xx

Have good days all xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Do you have a shed Judi?

Haha two but they are crammed full of his work stuff and junk. Standing room only.

I did say that he could repair the bottom gates he's been promising to fix for months but he said it's too hot to work outside. I know if he doesn't do it now it'll never get done.

Anyone got any ideas how to get this clean? It's mud but will be 3 days old by the time I get it.

IMG-20180704-_WA0003.jpg
    This is what broke the camels back so to speak. "I'm an electrician" he moaned "not a grounds worker"
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 July 2018 at 8:11AM
    Thank you Dumpling it was the orange vax tgat we had before and I liked mine. I have seen some reviews that suggest that the new models may be less robust but others say they are good so I'm really torn. But my vacuum cleaner is on its last little leggies so getting one of those woukd kill two birds with one stone.

Judi I got some towels really filthy tge other day mopping up a spill and soaking up the mopping mess and I washed them in bio washing powder, they came out good as new. If it is standing room only in the shed, you could tell him to go for a long stand.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning all

thank you for your kind thoughts.

Last month wasn't too good. Started with food poisoning, still not 100% now. It made me realise I am really on my own. No-one knew I was not feeling well. I know it's down to me, I don't have social skills, I don't have a friend, the thought of going out to social things fill me with terror.
    I was looking forward to seeing DS, DiL and grandson but they cancelled last minute.
    Went for a day out with DH. I stopped to look at some thing for a second, turned around and couldn't see him, panic. I knew he couldn't have gone far, seems he needed the loo but he was coming out of the ladies. oh well at least he was safe.

Sorry to go on.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

It does feel fresher after yesterday’s awful oppressive heat, real headache weather.

The electricity stayed off until just after 3 but it was quite nice really, after a few jobs I spent the morning reading in a shady spot in the garden. Obviously DOH couldn’t do much work wise so we popped out to a riverside pub for lunch but actually ended up sitting inside as just too stifling outside.
    Today is a hair appointment this morning and then over to see lovely Lu later.

Hugs to all with poorly loved ones or struggling themselves.

Have a good day folks x
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning everyone,

Busy on here this morning :)

It was date night last night with my lovely gran. We enjoyed some lovely duck and veg then had some sticky toffee pudding afterwards. Her eyesight is getting worse and I can tell it's really frustrating her. She uses a magnifying glass to see the instructions on most things, which is probably her biggest annoyance. With it getting worse, she fears she'll lose her independence at some point. Completely understandable.

Tonight I'm working. So I'll do a 14 hour shift, but I'm unfortunately not paid hourly.

Tomorrow, I have a real date! It's a girl from work who started a few months ago so we're going for a few drinks and a meal. I'm not sure what to think at this stage to be honest, I'll update you all on Monday.

silver-oldie - Don't apologise. And you have us here, of course!
    nelski - enjoy tomorrow!! Sounds lovely.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

Last month wasn't too good. Started with food poisoning, still not 100% now. It made me realise I am really on my own. No-one knew I was not feeling well. I know it's down to me, I don't have social skills, I don't have a friend, the thought of going out to social things fill me with terror.
    I was looking forward to seeing DS, DiL and grandson but they cancelled last minute.

Sorry to go on.

Know just how you feel. Considering how much I do for my family, no one asks how I am. No one but you all knows I've had this nausea on and off now for about a week.

Only one person has asked me how I am over the last few weeks and like I said, it wasn't family.

Facebook...deactivated.

Your not on your own. I just choose to moan to you lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure