Dreams and wishes....

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The mortgage isn't sorted yet, sadly, but there's hope....

NSD today, which wasn't hard, as I just played in the snow and watched iplayer all day :)
  • Kittikins
    Forumite
    Mortgage agreement in principle received today - YIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!

Not a NSD, I had to buy crap food for lunch and than post a letter registered/recorded/whatever the heck it is, to guarantee it would get there by Thursday! DD's school fee bursary renewal form; I always leave it to the last minute!! Has to be in by Friday :)
  • Wooo Hoooo Kittikins :beer: :j:T :beer: great news on mortgage !!! Hope all goes smoothly now with survey etc. Will you exchange now with a completion date in May ?
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Forumite
    I don't know.....hope so.....I've now paid £250 to the solicitor and £500 for the mortgage application, gulp!

KW has asked me to apply for an allotment the second we move in, as there's a mahoosive amount of them in the town, about 5 minutes' walk from our housie :)

I had to buy a present for DD to give out to her secret Santa recipient tomorrow and finally broke into a note, so the change under £1 has gone into the sealed tin!
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610
    Forumite
    Well done.

If you are free can you offer advice with a problem on my thread. I'm right in the guano.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • atrixa
    atrixa Posts: 549
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Congratulations on the mortgage! Hopefully everything will fall into place now for you.
  • savingwannabe
    Forumite
    OMG I can't believe that I didn't say congrats on mortgage. Hooray. Is it a bit soon for allotment you will be so busy with the house? Moving is hard work. See how you feel. Hopefully you will break up for the hols soon.
  • Kittikins
    Forumite
    I was happy too soon....the bank are now groaning about my pension income in 22 years' time, and it could all be off again :(
  • savingwannabe
    Forumite
    OMG. Poor you. Is there a way round this? I was lucky my parents stepped in to help me.
  • Kittikins
    Forumite
    Update - KW and I may be able to take out the mortgage together!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure