Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Comments

• Ditto from me Robin, and lovely to hear from you. Hope you are ok.

DH went out for a cycle ride with paramedic mate this morning and managed to fall off :(. He's bruised but otherwise seems ok. Negated the calmness I was feeling after a morning to myself though!! Fingers crossed he's ok later and tomorrow etc.

Went to Mr T's this morning and then did some simultaneous cooking/ironing/watching tv/speech writing! You know how it is :D. Was nice to just have my own company.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,249 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Blimey it just keeps coming :(

Got dire jeans from your workplace.
    So much for wonderfit or some such waffle.
    What a bleeping waste of money :mad:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Take them back and complain Beanie. If they don't do what they are supposed to then they aren't fit for purpose Xx
  • Brightspark87
    Brightspark87 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Lucky I too watched Louis but late as I only caught up last night. My heart melted for that lady celebrating her 49th birthday too (as well as the lady mentioned already on here) I thought it was an insight into something that is not very well understood and showed all the individuals in their own light.

Sending love to you I did think of you watching it xx

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I didn't watch that programme but Mr SA did and he said he identified with a lot of it. Luckily he doesn't have angry outbursts at all. He is actually more easy going than he was before. His problems are confusion and having daft ideas.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Evening!

Not a great deal to report here. DS1 has been off school with the runs today. Feeling like a bad Mum as they seem to be catching everything going at the minute. I promise we are clean not skanky!!!!

DH seems ok after his tumble. No worse than normal anyway!

Feeling a bit odd - news of twins expected has just been announced in the wider family and I got a real pang of jealousy :(. I'm happy for them obviously, but it reminded me of my loss.

Small spend today of £6 to have my eyebrows waxed - first time in 37 years I've had them done! Going back next week to pay another £6 to get them tinted! Get me, spending money on myself!!!
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Evening!

Not a great deal to report here. DS1 has been off school with the runs today. Feeling like a bad Mum as they seem to be catching everything going at the minute. I promise we are clean not skanky!!!!

Superman has just had his second vomitting bug in a 10days so I totally get you..... we've not long had a house inspection and scrubbed/steam mopped everywhere with in a inch of it's life so I totally believe it's nothing to do with being skanky ;)
    Feeling a bit odd - news of twins expected has just been announced in the wider family and I got a real pang of jealousy :(. I'm happy for them obviously, but it reminded me of my loss.
    Huge hugs I'm with you on that one :A

Small spend today of £6 to have my eyebrows waxed - first time in 37 years I've had them done! Going back next week to pay another £6 to get them tinted! Get me, spending money on myself!!!

This I love! Totally. Lucky you deserve a pamper session so much :T

Sending love, hugs and giggles

Mrs H xx
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • Thank you Mrs H :A. Hope you are doing ok Xx

Been to gym today for first time in weeks, probably won't be able to walk tomorrow! Also had DS1 to dentist after school and he's being referred to orthodontist for braces :T.

Helped Mum write her Mother of the Bride speech tonight. Can't believe it's next weekend!! Where does the time go?!?!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,249 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    One tip re braces~~make very sure DS will wear retainer after braces come off or it is all a waste of time.
    Only a week to go~~:eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Thanks Beanie, I'll make sure we know all the ins and outs. DS1 has very large teeth so some of them have grown at an angle just to have room. Think he's going to need a couple removed so the others can jostle into place with the braces Xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport