IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstone Solicitors Small Claims Track

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    bvagani wrote: »
    Where can i find this newbies post #2?

One page back from here (use your 'Back' button <), it's one of the first four threads at the top of the threads list, where you first started from in setting up this thread.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Thank you - I've read and still no wiser!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Thank you - I've read and still no wiser!

Best I can do. It's all there, ...... but responding half an hour later to say you're no wiser? This is quite a complicated issue that you have to either research, read and learn about and fight (with some forum assistance) or capitulate. I'm not sure of any other way to help you get rid of this from your life.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Gladstones are beyond incompetent, calm down they are likely to throw the case once you file a robust defence.
    VERY IMPORTANT Do not at this stage admit to driving the car, they are pursuing you as the keeper and this makes it very hard for them
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Thank you - I've read and still no wiser!

And I'm none the wiser as to what stage you are at, because you didn't even mention a claim form and called it a 'Gladstones letter' headed up 'TAKE THAT NOTICE' (?)

I know I am Up All Night replying on here but It Only Takes a Minute to tell us what that letter really is and where it came from. Everything Changes now it's at small claims stage...

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I know I am Up All Night replying on here

Glad to see you are cutting back C-M. :wink:
  • Apologies, Ive spent the last 12 hours reading around the topic, the form in question that arrived is an N180 an correctly so in the newbies thread prior to this Gladstone sent a letter requesting for 'a special direction' which I have already objected to.

My understanding is that I will now have to appear in small claims court, ideally locally to me and prepare an argument/defense.

So sorry for not stating all the paperwork correctly.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Apologies, Ive spent the last 12 hours reading around the topic, the form in question that arrived is an N180 an correctly so in the newbies thread prior to this Gladstone sent a letter requesting for 'a special direction' which I have already objected to.

My understanding is that I will now have to appear in small claims court, ideally locally to me and prepare an argument/defense.

In theory yes but we are talking Gladstones here, who think
    that by requesting special directions, they will win.
    In reality when they do this, it follows that they DO NOT
    want to go to court because as usual their defence is feeble
    and weak.
    Chances are very high that they will discontinue.
    You may get a letter trying to extort money from you
    by offering a discount which you ignore and then a letter
    that will discontinue

It's a waiting game
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Apologies, Ive spent the last 12 hours reading around the topic, the form in question that arrived is an N180 an correctly so in the newbies thread prior to this Gladstone sent a letter requesting for 'a special direction' which I have already objected to.

OK, so what did you put in the defence box when you got the thing called a 'CLAIM'?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I filed my defence with the county court and now Gladstone's are asking my consent to switch for a paper based small claims track, stating that an in person trial is not worth anyone's time. My intuition is to decline the offer and to persist with a court case, with a dramatic defence Tom Cruise style! Any advice??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure