M&s current account

Comments

• LesU
    LesU Posts: 338 Forumite
    edited 5 January 2017 at 3:01PM
    Note that the M&S gift card deal has now dropped from £100 to £50 and then £5 a month after that for 2 years. I'm assuming that as I switched when the higher offer was on I'll get the £100 gift card. Still waiting for it at the moment.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,644
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    LesU wrote: »
    Note that the M&S gift card deal has now dropped from £100 to £50 and then £5 a month after that for 2 years. I'm assuming that as I switched when the higher offer was on I'll get the £100 gift card. Still waiting for it at the moment.

Which means that the total incentive, over 2 years, is now £170, compared to the old total, over just one year, of £220.

Still well worth doing, especially if you have no plans to switch away (e.g. if you want to keep renewing the 12 month regular saver).
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,096
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 5 January 2017 at 4:44PM
    LesU wrote: »

Where did you see that, it's still £100 on their website?

I'm on the cusp! Had the letter from M&S dd 29/12 thanking me for opening the account and made my first deposit today to get things up and running. I have a current account with two active DDs ready to switch.

PS: phone call to M&S confirms that, as I had already applied for the account, my £100 etc is safe!
  • Yawn
    Yawn Posts: 151
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Max £220 - £100 and then £10 per month for 12 months

http://bank.marksandspencer.com/pdf/CACass.pdf#Page=10

Plus the regular saver, which if you use it will net you another 70 or 80 pounds, I guess.

I've banked with them for a year now and I've been quite happy, but with the bonus over I'm now again looking to switch. :)
  • caveman38
    caveman38 Posts: 1,292
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    [FONT=M&SLondon-Bold][FONT=M&SLondon-Bold]£170 M&S GIFT CARD OFFER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
    FOR SWITCHING TO M&S BANK

[FONT=M&SLondon-Bold][FONT=M&SLondon-Bold][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=M&SLondon-Bold][FONT=M&SLondon-Bold]£50 M&S gift card [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=M&SLondon-Regular][FONT=M&SLondon-Regular]within a month of the switch being[/FONT][/FONT]
    & £5 for each of the next 24 calendar months
    [FONT=M&SLondon-Bold]

[FONT=M&SLondon-Bold]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=M&SLondon-Regular]

[FONT=M&SLondon-Regular]

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2017 at 8:39AM
    I switched last year, just for the incentive, and the RS.
    My RS is due to end next month, and I will not be renewing it, so will probably re-switch it to another, probably First Direct..
    Apart from the RS ,( one only),unlike, hsbc,(one each) there's no benefit in staying.
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,647
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Is it correct that the switch cannot be initiated on line and that you have to ring/go in branch to initiate the switch?
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,418
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Is it correct that the switch cannot be initiated on line and that you have to ring/go in branch to initiate the switch?
    Yes, according to http://bank.marksandspencer.com/existing-customer-information/switching-banks/:
    How switching works
    Once your account is open, give us a call or pop into a branch and agree a switch date (which can be from 7 to 30 working days away).
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite

Yes, think it took me about twenty minutes but all fairly pleasant and not too painful.

They were quite patient and it took an extra few minutes when I realised I had the wrong debit card available (another Santander account) and took a couple of minutes rooting round a draw to find the correct one!
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite

From the offer terms and conditions (that you already read, yes? :D)

The use of the Current Account Switch Service must be initiated through our bank branches or by calling us on 0345 900 0900.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure