Economy Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Martlea
    Martlea Posts: 9 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Began my switch to Ecomomy Energy in November 2017, it failed to happen. No real or vailid explanation from customer services, so began process again (!). Should have switched by 23 December, 17. Did not happen. Called, told would be sorted out and I would get an email update. Did not sort it out of course. Did not send any email update either. Eventually a customer services person telephoned me late one evening to explain 'they' had told her there was a problem with the IBAN number so could not set up direct debit!
    Utter nonsense of course, I am a UK domestic customer and IBAN has nothing whatsoever to do with setting up my direct debits instruction.
    I told her to cancel my applications and email or write to me confirmation - they did not.
    Have now reported them to the ompudman for wasting my time and the trouble caused as I could have taken a better deal elsewhere meanwhile.
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am currently a customer of Economy Energy.

I am currently on Dual Fuel Direct Saver 2017 V3

I decided to use the Moneysavingexpert cheap energy club tool. The results suggest I will pay £60.00 less per year, once my contract ends on the Dual Fuel Direct Saver from the same company Economy Energy. I was hoping to ring them to discuss if I can simply move to the this tariff now (I am in contract until April 2018). There lines are closed today :(
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • stevenpc
    stevenpc Posts: 139 Forumite
    no surprise about the lines being closed if you go on face book they are on there i posted on it and had an ee agent respond so give that a try.I also have to say ive never had so many problems in fact none when ive switched to other suppliers but found ee nothing but problemmatic.
  • I am currently a customer of Economy Energy.

I am currently on Dual Fuel Direct Saver 2017 V3

I decided to use the Moneysavingexpert cheap energy club tool. The results suggest I will pay £60.00 less per year, once my contract ends on the Dual Fuel Direct Saver from the same company Economy Energy. I was hoping to ring them to discuss if I can simply move to the this tariff now (I am in contract until April 2018). There lines are closed today :(

Whilst not a fan of Economy Energy, most companies are closed on a Sunday.
  • trinidadone
    I did call EE back to ask why the moneysaving website said i would pay less when my contract ends. I really wish i did not make this call. Today I received a letter in the post to say my tariff is changing with some terms and conditions attached. I telephoned this afternoon to enquire why and I was speaking to a agent who just could not explain why i had received this letter, especially as my fixed term ends in april. He told me this new teriff would end next year and ended with him telling me he would email some departments.

I telephoned back, spoke to a really nice agent name paige. She advised me the notes from the previous advisor today was vague. Paige looked at the notes from the previous call before today, and advised one of her colleagues had placed me on a more expensive tariff, and had also affected the billing cycle. She told me she would take ownership of this, and will get this reversed. She also confirmed both my electricity and gas do not end until 2018 - April. Paige sent me a test email which i received and responded back to. What a mess!!!!
  • I changed my Energy Supplier from Sainsburys Energy (Scottish Gas) to Economy Energy on 9 October 2017.

Their policy documents stated that I would receive a bill every 3 months but I am still awaiting my first bill, late by almost 2 weeks already. They also took a double payment by Direct Debit (totalling £296) on 10 October 2017, presumably to ensure that the initial higher usage during the winter months was adequately covered, as has proved to be the case.

I provided my meter readings online as requested but, despite being promised regular emails requesting meter readings, I still have to make a diary entry to remind myself to submit them monthly. On checking my meter reading history online, some readings are marked “Actual”, several are “Pending” and one is “Estimated.” There is even one Electric meter reading marked “Unknown” and dated 17 January – this was NOT submitted by me nor did any meter reader call at my home.

My account is meantime in credit to the tune of £228.48 and yet I received two emails stating that my Direct Debits were to be increased by a total of £14.80 to “help cover the increased bills and prevent your balances falling into debit.” I keep meticulous spreadsheet details of all my energy usage and have calculated that my average usage in previous years over the months March to August are well within the limits of my current monthly Direct Debits and the aforementioned credit will more than cover any extra usage over the “winter temperatures” – which, they claim, is the reason for increasing my Direct Debits.

I contacted Economy Energy via their Facebook page explaining all the above and was asked, by Private Message, for up-to-date meter readings so that they could “manually” check my account and usage and produce my first bill. On providing this information, they agreed that there was no need to increase the amounts of my Direct Debits.

Their website is virtually useless and does not provide any means of contacting them by email.

I would certainly advise any persons considering changing to Economy Energy to think again.
  • Avoid this company. Their customer service is poor, they are unapologetic when they make errors and have no interest in customer retention.
  • trinidadone
    I am in the process of moving my gas and electric supply else where. I was not impressed with the company to honest.
  • Been with Economy Energy since June 2017. Never had an accurate bill despite giving them readings at least 8 times. Went to Ofgem who told them which reading to use and finally got an accurate bill in February. However, submitted more readings in March and then received a bill dated June 2017 to 22nd September 2017!! It took them 3 months to resolve original complaint (with help from Ofgem) and have already been waiting over 3 weeks for a response to latest complaint. Their customer service is appalling and the compensation awarded by Ofgem has yet to show on our account. I am beginning to wonder whether I will ever receive a correct bill from them. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS
  • sylviaszeliga
    sylviaszeliga Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 2 May 2018 at 6:25PM
    In over 40 years of using many diffent energy companies this is the worst I have ever had to deal with. Cheapest -YES, BUT inability to provide timely accounts, inability to use accurate unit reading supplied on a monthly basis, inability to correctly log all payments receive by direct debit, inability to correctly calculate basic sums on account, inability to bring forward a correct balance from previous account, inability to answer urgent emails till after a 4 week period --- and so it goes on.
    I had to get Ombudsmen to sort out these problems that were going on for over a year. EE were told to give me £75 compensation BUT hey, 4 months down the line from this agreement/judgement they are still unable to produce an accurate account showing this credit.Obviously they have lost my business -only a £1300 year spend! PLEASE DO NOT BE SUCKED IN BY CHEAP RATES -the angst caused is far from worth it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure