PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 16th April 2018

Options

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's been a long old day, and I don't feel as if an awful lot has been achieved.
    A random dinner concoted from the fridge contents. As nobody else seemed to be bothered to do anything about it, I figured they could just put up whatever I put in front of them. Kitchen duly tidied, and dw running.
    Towels washed.
    Recycling out for the morning collection.
    A few bits of gibble collected and rehomed.

I still haven't done anything about the dining room as DH has taken up residence in there again as an "office". I have to work for a half day (in theory, but that often turns into a whole day) tomorrow, so I need to make some time in the afternoon to wield the duster when DH isn't at home.

LW - have a squishy virtual hug. It is true that sometimes you can be eating too little to lose any weight. X
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    And I have my suspicions on how the trousers fit me.

Lasagne. Just been presented with it.

Simultaneously uncooked and burned to beggary. And no bechamel to be found anywhere. I think there was cheese. But that's now resembling something I'd draw a picture with. There might have been sauce, but I think it may have been substituted with a thin line of red glue to stick the burned bits to the uncooked bits.

Plus three cherry tomatoes and a half handful of Iceberg.

I ate the salad and the merely chewy bits, but I wasn't able to even get into the top quarter inch (the entire thing being about 7/16ths of an inch thick), so it's gone in the bin.

Oh, what a lovely, romantic meal.

More tea. Lots more. It'll get the taste of seawater (did I mention the amount of salt added?) out.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Jojo.. I think I would just ban him from cooking he is clearly trying to kill you off lol... or send him to college to learn
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    Jojo.. I think I would just ban him from cooking he is clearly trying to kill you off lol... or send him to college to learn

I'm not letting him flump round the house all day for me to come in from work, go back out to shop and then cook dinner (and he can make some very nice food, which is the most frustrating thing about it - not everything is vile).

Anyhow, I've got a week of potentially edible food from tomorrow if I can be bothered - and he's got some temp work starting in May, so I'll probably, in the interests of 'it's only fair, you're out at work too' try and regain some control over the kitchen.

Hopefully, he'll find that he rather likes having money he has earned and something to do each day. And he'll have no excuse once he's done it to not get something else, because he'll have a reference.

Just got to get him through the door and actually working at last. Then I'll have leverage.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • pigpen
    Options
    Jojo.. I understand why he is supposed to do the cooking.. but he just seems to be making the worst job possible of it.. probably so you tell him not to bother and do that as well.. Does he simply do nothing at home all day? I think I'd murder him.. my OH had a few years out of work but he would go to the gym and help around the house and then started college just to do something... I don't understand how anyone can sit and do nothing! .. Though, my stepdad does and spend 18 hours of the day asleep through sheer boredom so I know some do.

Think how tidy your kitchen will be while he is away.. and fingers crossed his temporary work leads to something permanent.. before you stuff him and pose him as part of a set. ;)

DW on again.. I am washing all the pans and stuff before putting them away in the nice clean cupboard.. so far to leave I have :-
    4 cake storage things
    some cookie cutters
    a silicone muffin pan (I found a gingerbread man one too which I am keeping)

binned I have :-

a plastic container that matches my tea/coffee ones but the lid is broken and it is gross... complete with 2 dead spiders and a bit of web.
    the innards from my old, dead long since binned pressure cooker.
    2 lids from pans I haven't had for at least 2 years

And I am being indecisive over.:-

2 loaf tins
    6 cake tins of varying sizes
    4 huge cauldron pots... I am wondering now if a soup kitchen or somewhere might be able to make use of them.. they are catering sized.

and that is one of my 2 pan cupboards.. I am ashamed!!
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Up early but wasting time browing about on t'internet instead of doing anything. Paid stuff x 2 today then gym class tonight.

Got in from my meeting at 9pm last night and quickly hoovered and mopped kitchen and utility then scrubbed shower while I was in it. Well, actually I came in to find a seat box, fishing barrow and a bike in the kitchen (dont ask) so I cleaned around them. I am told they will be gone today.

Oh and there have been some days when DH has been home this winter when I think "what have you actually been doing?" when clearly there are things to be done. He has always been busy mind.

Right, best get ready for the paid stuff. WM on, will pop home between jobs to hang it out and throw curry in SC. Have a good Tuesday everyone x
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all :wave:

Foggy and damp here today....so I'm still waiting for the predicted "heat wave". Ah well, at least I won't get all got and sweaty flying later.

Jojo - has your OH recently taken out life insurance on you? I'd be wondering...

Glad to see you back fit and fighting Madam Mim x

My ironing pile is now taller than me :eek: I must do some this morning. Some of it is DH's work shirts, which he will no longer be wearing next month due to his new job, so I'm rather reluctant to bother with these. However, I suspect we will need to go shopping for new shirts as he's bursting out of his current smart ones (he claims like Superman, but it's more Jim Royle if I'm honest :rotfl:).

Diets start 1st May...for both of us :(

Cup of Earl Grey to calm my nerves, then we're off...
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Up early, or maybe that is just on time, because today was the day that DH decided to fair leap out of bed. Noisily. In spite of that, I haven't been as productive as hoped. Last night's DW has been emptied and yet more detritus removed from the kitchen surfaces. Given that I did that twice last night, it drives me spare that nobody else listens when I chant the Valli Mantra at them.

WM loaded for when I get back from work. Clean clothes sorted and allocated back to their rightful owners. Purse and shopping vouchers sorted out, ready to do a shop tomorrow. I need to meal plan from the list at some point today.

On the subject of OHs and cooking - mine operates on the premise that if he does it badly enough, he will never be asked again. 28 years later, he is still trying to use that excuse. It is a battle of wills...
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Woken up full of a heavy cold, not ideal but the show must go on! Kiddies dressed, fed and watered; DW about to go on; chilli in the oven on low for dinner; DDs bedding stripped and in the WM.

Taking the dog straight to the groomers from school run, and I am getting my eyebrows done :D

Got a meeting after school at 3.30 which both kids are attending with me so it will be a later tea for them than usual. The lovely weather is meant to arrive tomorrow, cannot wait, the grey skies make my mood just that!

Have fab days all x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • pigpen
    Options
    Taking the dog straight to the groomers from school run, and I am getting my eyebrows done :D

you're both going to the groomers!!

Twinkle having a screaming session for some unknown reason.. as you do when you are nearly 2!

Girls off to breakfast club in an attempt to get OH to college earlier... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:I'm so funny.. :p

Cuppa made.. so I shall neck that and get the next round of pans through the DW.. and then get DS3 to empty the next one.. it is so much more motivating to clean and tidy when it is already emptied
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts