PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 5th February 2018

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Just had a major sort out of some paperwork, why have I not shredded bills for 2002 to 2013 before??
    Recycle bin is also half full of old paperwork / magazines and other such stuff.

LW sorry you dont have a doggie for this week.

Is the new Visitor centre at Bletchley Park nice, I still haven't been over there since it was redone about 2 years ago.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    ionafan wrote: »
    - protected our regular postman from Rosie, whose bark is definitely worse than her bite (and he knows and understands) - yesterday his colleague made the mistake of trying to encourage her to come for a stroke, but she is still afraid of strange men.

She's a very wise dog - strange men worry me, too.

Kelpie thought that trying some of the agility obstacles in the training field was a rather good idea when treats were on offer - today we did all three tunnels including the one with a rightangle corner in it so he couldn't see me at the other end, a short set of weaving poles and a very low up and down ramp that his legs can handle. After exactly 40 mintues he trotted straight over to the caravan and made it very clear he wanted to go in there by standing on the doorstep - we only went in it last week as it started hailing 40 minutes into his one hour training session! This is a very, very intelligent dog who can remember everything he wants to, but chooses to forget anything that doesn't have a fistful of treats attached to it.

All of his smelly, grubby dog stuff is now in the WM so that I can chop up an old blanket of Dog's that he's chewed hundreds of holes in for his Snuffle Mat. Good old Morribunds, a holey doormat for £2 means it isn't going to cost anything like the ridiculous amounts I've seen them for on t'internet. It was snowing up on the training field which is at the same height of Dartmoor but about five miles away from it but it's now snowing on The Hoe so I can dry it all when it's depewified.
    Better is good enough.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well done all Slinkies. :T That's a tremendous weight loss. Today I met a friend for lunch, and I had chips. This is why I don't lose weight. Will I never learn??

Just trying to motivate myself. DD off school sick. I went to work for the morning, which I only agreed to as it made logistical sense after school drop off, which I didn't then have to do! Back via quick lunch out, which I couldn't cancel as friend was travelling quite a way, and it's our first meet up in about 2 years. Home to sort out appointments for DD, wm now running and jobs about to be started, if I can find my guag.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,973 Forumite
    Fayolle wrote: »
    Well done all Slinkies. :T That's a tremendous weight loss. Today I met a friend for lunch, and I had chips. This is why I don't lose weight. Will I never learn??

you cant entirely deprive yourself that has you destined to fail... it was a special occasion.. consider yourself told! lol

nothing done.. girls collected from school, 5 ebay items sold.. fflllling!!!!

The girlies are playing fairly nicely in the front room so I may slink upstaires and grab another box to photograph.

dinner scoffed.. I love Tuesday.. it is beans on toast day! simple and easy and they all eat it, even though I have to fry 2000 eggs.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • tboo
    tboo Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Twinkly Tuesday - Blitz those bathrooms

Level 1

Throw the windows open wide in your bathrooms, en-suites and cloakrooms
    [STRIKE]Remove any rubbish from these rooms[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Flush loos and fling down some cream cleaner or loo cleaner[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clear all the gibble from round the bath and out of showers[/STRIKE]
    Scrub bath and/or shower tray
    Wipe down edge of bath, panels and shower screens
    Wipe switches and sockets
    Check lighting is all working and not acting as fly cemetry - clean out if so

Level 2
    [STRIKE]
    Now the loo has had a soak scrub it out - don't forget under the rim[/STRIKE]
    Wipe all cistern, handles/buttons, outside of loo, seat and lid
    [STRIKE]Flush loo and pour bleach round bowl[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Close lid[/STRIKE]
    Wipe toilet toll holder
    Check spare toilet roll stock has not mysteriously vanished

Level 3

Wipe sills and shelves
    Wipe soap bottles
    Polish towel rails
    clean out sink and polish taps
    Bleach down all drains and in all overflows
    Check for cobwebs in corners
    Sweep, wipe or vacuum floor as appropriate
    Put out fresh towels
    Dirty towels into the WM for a HOT wash

Extras

S&S kitchen
    Wash out toothbrush holder and tooth mugs/glaases

HHI
    Mad half hour - what are you doing?
    “You’re only here for a short visit.
    Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
    Walter Hagen

365 Day 1p Challenge for 2021 #41 ✅
    Jar £440.31/£667.95 and Bank £389.67/£667.95

• Swimming lessons done, kiddies ready for bed and DH cooking our dinner!

My skin is playing up on my face :( I need to treat myself to some nice face stuff but its hard to justify the cost!

Have lovely evenings all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Valli wrote: »

Level 1

[STRIKE]Throw the windows open wide in your bathrooms, en-suites and cloakrooms
    Remove any rubbish from these rooms
    Flush loos and fling down some cream cleaner or loo cleaner
    Clear all the gibble from round the bath and out of showers
    Check lighting is all working and not acting as fly cemetry - clean out if so[/STRIKE]

Level 2

[STRIKE]Now the loo has had a soak scrub it out - don't forget under the rim
    Flush loo and pour bleach round bowl
    Close lid
    Wipe toilet toll holder
    Check spare toilet roll stock has not mysteriously vanished[/STRIKE]

Level 3

Wipe sills and shelves
    [STRIKE]Wipe soap bottles[/STRIKE]
    Polish towel rails
    [STRIKE]Check for cobwebs in corners
    Put out fresh towels[/STRIKE]
    Dirty towels into the WM for a HOT wash

Extras

[STRIKE]S&S kitchen[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Wash out toothbrush holder and tooth mugs/glaases[/STRIKE]

HHI
    Mad half hour - what are you doing?

Bathroom has been blitzed. Yesterday's MAD half hour turned into an hour of ironing....and I almost enjoyed it. :eek: I think I've finally got the hang of folding fitted sheets.

Tonight's MAD half hour will involve painting my nails as I have treated myself to a new pastel lilac polish.
  • Swimming lessons done, kiddies ready for bed and DH cooking our dinner!

My skin is playing up on my face :( I need to treat myself to some nice face stuff but its hard to justify the cost!

Have lovely evenings all xx

You only get one face so you should treat it especially if your skin is playing up :)
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Level 1

[STRIKE]Throw the windows open wide in your bathrooms, en-suites and cloakrooms
    Remove any rubbish from these rooms
    Flush loos and fling down some cream cleaner or loo cleaner
    Clear all the gibble from round the bath and out of showers
    Check lighting is all working and not acting as fly cemetry - clean out if so[/STRIKE]
    Level 2
    [STRIKE]Now the loo has had a soak scrub it out - don't forget under the rim
    Flush loo and pour bleach round bowl
    Close lid
    Wipe toilet toll holder
    Check spare toilet roll stock has not mysteriously vanished[/STRIKE]
    Level 3
    [STRIKE]Wipe sills and shelves
    Wipe soap bottles
    Polish towel rails
    Check for cobwebs in corners
    Put out fresh towels
    Dirty towels into the WM for a HOT wash[/STRIKE]
    Extras
    [STRIKE]S&S kitchen
    Wash out toothbrush holder and tooth mugs/glaases[/STRIKE]
    HHI Tidied kids bedrooms, 2x washing/ironing
    Mad half hour - had to rest knee/calf after all the bending to scrub bathrooms so watched 2 episodes of Requiem
  • atb its strange because my skin is awful at the moment and I dont know why. I have very sensitive skin which is prone to redness/blotchiness and spots. I use Clinique Redness Solutions face cream which is amazing - I make a £40 tub last six months - but it doesnt seem to be doing anything at the moment!

Laid in until 7am, didnt sleep well. Paid stuff no. 1, paid stuff no. 2 then gym class. DH made tea and washed up, have just done a bit more tidying and put a oad of washing in. Tired. Bathroom will have to make do with a swish.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure