PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 5th February 2018

Comments

• Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just got in from lovely walk with J and Whiz Whippet; very cold outside but had a nice blast of fresh air and it's helped me feel a bit better. Psyching myself up now to go and vacuum our room but gone a bit off the boil after all the work I put in this morning!! Filled the bird feeder in our cherry blossom tree earlier but don't think that counts as flying does it.

Sorry to hear about Dot and DS Pigpen and ATB; little ones seem to spend a lot of time falling over. I remember on Z's first ever day at school I picked her up and she had big plasters on both knees where she'd fallen over in the playground. And when S started school I had a phone call that he'd fallen over and smacked his head so we ended up in hospital with him in the CT scanner!! All was well .... ahhhh, happy memories!!
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Pleased to report that I've just cleared the floordrobe and vacuumed our bedroom so for the first time in ages done everything on the list!! And now I need to lie down with a cold flannel on my head in a dark room lol. Thanks guys for all the motivation; it genuinely helps me x
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Mumof2 wrote: »
    Pleased to report that I've just cleared the floordrobe and vacuumed our bedroom so for the first time in ages done everything on the list!! And now I need to lie down with a cold flannel on my head in a dark room lol. Thanks guys for all the motivation; it genuinely helps me x

You sound so positive it's lovely to read. Keep on keeping on lass x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 7 February 2018 at 4:00PM
    Sorry to hear about Dot and atb's DS "doing a Pixie" (as I think it should be called, after Pixie's problems the other day). De-splatting vibes all round.
    kazwookie wrote: »
    Just had a major sort out of some paperwork, why have I not shredded bills for 2002 to 2013 before??
    Recycle bin is also half full of old paperwork / magazines and other such stuff.

LW sorry you dont have a doggie for this week.

Is the new Visitor centre at Bletchley Park nice, I still haven't been over there since it was redone about 2 years ago.
    I put out three pink sacks this week, one of which was our "regular" recycling, and the other two were the results of our MAD file-weeding. I think the bin men must hate us now! :D

Yes, the BP visitor centre is much improved; and there's now loads of interactive stuff, which makes it a lot easier to understand, for instance, how an Enigma machine actually works.
    MrsChaos wrote: »
    LW I've only skimmed the last page (no time for more), so apologies if this out of context. I have a friend who generally only eats when and what she wants. She cooks for her DH, but they rarely eat at the same time. Sometimes she just has some nice bread and grapes or she saves her part of the dinner for later. They're both retired. Could Mr LW batch cook and freeze some meals under your supervision, so he's taken care off? Maybe in the SC, so it's as hassle-free as possible? Then you could help yourself to something easy as and when you're ready.
    It's really kind of you to suggest, but sadly it just wouldn't work; I have absolutely no space for batch-cooking; I have a 4-drawer freezer section in the fridge freezer, 2 drawers of which are crammed with fruit from the PYO and free off the hedgerows; the rest is taken up with makings of meals - soya mince, veggie sausages, slices of HM nut loaf etc; and I am currently on a mission to empty one drawer ready for Buddy and Indi's stay (they arrive 28th March) as they are on the BARF diet which requires a lot of freezer space - 2 dogs on 2 meals a day each for 13 days!!
    I did laugh at the idea of Mr LW cooking under my supervision - bless him, he'd do his best, but I'd lose patience. He does have a couple of meals he can throw together if I'm too ill to cook, but mainly he does the "heavy" bits, eg chopping up root veg, lifting heavy equipment out so that I can use it, that sort of thing and I do the rest. ;) Plus, he gets on my case if I don't eat when he does; and conversely, if I went to get something for myself when I felt like eating, he'd eat as well. Second Breakfast, hobbit style.... :cool: And Second Lunch, Second Dinner, and so on. :D I swear that man was a Labrador in a previous life!

Anyways, today I have:
    • Done a gazillion online surveys
    • Made pizza dough (just got to construct the topping in a little while)
    • Made a loaf (well, it's still in the BM but you get the idea)
    • Made choccie mousse (not good for slinkiness, but I do make a 2-portion recipe do the 2 of us for 2 days - and it's Mr LW's favourite)
    • Prepped a fresh pineapple - some for tonight's pizza, some to go with the nut loaf & sweet'n'sour rice tomorrow, a couple of rings to go with the pseudo-gammon on Friday, and the remaining 4 rings in the freezer for later use.
    • Cleaned out the veg drawer in the fridge
    Despite me telling Mr LW I really wasn't up to having visitors this week, he's invited his pal round this evening; and tomorrow we have Blokey coming to fix the kitchen tap (Mr LW reckons it's not a task he can take on; he tackles most DIY jobs, so if he says he can't do it, that's fine, we'll have Blokey in). More stress, as I hate having my house invaded, but I shall make myself scarce and Mr LW can deal with Blokey. ;)

ETA Going to see to the pizza topping now - Mr LW will do his "bit" by grating the cheese, which is, for reasons I cannot explain, a task I loathe with a passion.:D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,917
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    lol.. LW .. honestly.. these small girls of mine are terrible.. they always land on their faces.. every time.. Pixie is THE worst for it but Dot is very sore... she had a plaster like a sanitary towel on her face from school... so I asked if she wanted a smaller, Frozen one so she ripped it straight off.. hair and eyebrows and everything.. didn't even flinch! Look... messy!

I am getting quite concerned about DS3.. I suspect he is not taking his werewolf meds (AD's) properly and he is as miserable as sin and really tired all the time.. he has no energy and no motivation to do anything .. Can I physically drag an almost 19 y/o to dr's?

I have acquired a Clawberry who has found herself a teacher to marry and has apparently quit uni and moved home and is sponging off him.. (she does actually work in a bar so not entirely sponging) .. Look at my glee... :undecided:undecided:undecided:undecided

Ah.. she sniffed the chicken in the SC ... muuuuuum.... when is it ready....

best go do dinner before these eat each other..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Oh dear Piggers that's not good that DS3 isn't taking his ADs as he should; as one who has been on them for years, yes it is hard at first to even find the motivation to swallow the things, and you do have to be patient while they get into your system... it's a shame it's not as easy to medicate a 19 y o DS as it is a dog (put it in their food, or if that won't work, in their mouth and swiftly follow it with a chunk of fish). DS3-taking-meds-as-prescribed vibes comin' atcha.

Pizza is now constructed; all that remains now is for Mr LW to decide what time he wants dins. ;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Back home after paid stuff, it is usually my long hard day as loads of classes, but due to the snow here several children didn't turn up so groups were much smaller and more fun. Only got 1 lesson tomorrow as rest have all cancelled, great but I will regret it come pay day! So no excuses not to fly.
    Dinner tonight chicken and leeks with mash or rice. Rubbish cleared and about to unload DW.
    No excuse not to get going as cuppa finished.
    xx
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,706
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    pigpen wrote: »
    lshe had a plaster like a sanitary towel on her face from school...

When I was younger (about 10) I had to have four teeth out. My mum got me a special 'pad' from the hospital (or so I thought, she was a nurse) to cover my bleeding mouth, then wrapped a scarf round. Years and years later I twigged - it was a sanitary towel - the scarf was to hide it.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Honey_Bear wrote: »
    *Healing vibes* for bumped and splatted Flykids.
    My skin's not at it's best - cold outside, central heating indoors isn't a good combination at this time of year, and the after-effects of too much rich food over Christmas probably doesn't help.
    *Work turning up vibes* for those whose livlihoods are tricky at the moment.
    Jojo, the Dolphin is our local - we live about 200 yards away. If you want a Flylady meet PM me, if not I'll wave in the direction of both the Dolphin and Minerva and wish you both a happy time in Devon. Chazza shop finds are few and far between these days; they're getting amazingly professional at not overlooking treasure and they all seem permanently stuffed with customers looking for bargains and haggling.

Kelpie's been for his hydrotherapy and I'm working on his snuffle blanket, on which I hope to feed him at teatime. Best get cutting and threading. I'll do a bit of vacuumming a bit later, once I've finished it. Kitchen straightened, DW on and washing drying on the line.

I'll PM once I know what is going on - and whether it's expected to spend almost every waking hour with his Dad. :D

pigpen wrote: »
    lol.. LW .. honestly.. these small girls of mine are terrible.. they always land on their faces.. every time.. Pixie is THE worst for it but Dot is very sore... she had a plaster like a sanitary towel on her face from school... so I asked if she wanted a smaller, Frozen one so she ripped it straight off.. hair and eyebrows and everything.. didn't even flinch! Look... messy!

I am getting quite concerned about DS3.. I suspect he is not taking his werewolf meds (AD's) properly and he is as miserable as sin and really tired all the time.. he has no energy and no motivation to do anything .. Can I physically drag an almost 19 y/o to dr's?

I have acquired a Clawberry who has found herself a teacher to marry and has apparently quit uni and moved home and is sponging off him.. (she does actually work in a bar so not entirely sponging) .. Look at my glee... :undecided:undecided:undecided:undecided

Ah.. she sniffed the chicken in the SC ... muuuuuum.... when is it ready....

best go do dinner before these eat each other..

I've dragged an almost 39 year old to the GP before. Your reasoning is sound.

Realised last night that Himself had done a few bits of housework - he'd washed the nets I took down, repaired the rods and put them back again, swept up his head shavings and...and...nah, can't find anything else.

Didn't realise he was going to be out and then back early-ish from another rehearsal tonight, so because he didn't get around to making me a lunch before I left this morning, I got wobbly by the end of work and then stuffed two fried eggs on toast down my neck as soon as I staggered in. He's now texted asking if I want a chippie tea. I think soup will be a better idea, as I'm feeling a bit errgh about the fat content I've just had.

Mind you, it took me all of ten minutes to clear the crud from the kitchen. He can unblock the sink of nastiness, do the washing up (properly please, I'm fed up of picking up a 'clean' cup to find tea stains left in it and having to wash it again) and wipe the countertops down when he comes in.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Not as much flying done as I would like today..
    That said this is my long week at work and it takes a day or two to recover (only to be back at work!) This improves slightly for a little while after having my quarterly B12 jab.. Self care and pacing myself also helps... That said, being a carer for my mum also adds to the mix! :o
    Have managed to s/s kitchen
    Tidied up paperwork & filed where necessary.
    Will attempt more in morning though have errands to run and will need 1/2 hour zzzz before shift till 9pm:eek:
    Thank you for keeping me focused and giving me lists to work with, it's a real help with my fog brain ;)
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business