Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What a pain about the oven :( My main oven stopped working a while ago, we're down to the small oven now, although due to be replaced when we get the new kitchen.

I don't blame you having a meltdown, it's hard when you feel like you're doing it all by yourself with no support then on top of that everything else goes wrong. I'm the same, some days I can cope with it, others I can't. Pick yourself up, dust yourself down and press on :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    What a pain about the oven :( My main oven stopped working a while ago, we're down to the small oven now, although due to be replaced when we get the new kitchen.

I don't blame you having a meltdown, it's hard when you feel like you're doing it all by yourself with no support then on top of that everything else goes wrong. I'm the same, some days I can cope with it, others I can't. Pick yourself up, dust yourself down and press on :)

Thanks Sun Addict.

Thankfully the grill still works, top oven stopped working a while a go and now the main oven has gone, The hob is separate, so with that and the slow cooker I've still managed to chuck meals together, lamb stew tonight with mash and last night was chicken curry and rice. No baking done though :(.

Your right about picking myself up, sometimes I find I need to have a good cry and throw a bit of a tantrum to be honest to get everyone else to notice that maybe I can't do it all and mum/wife deserves a life to.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening Pennywise,

Boo to the oven situation and poor service in currys. I have had a washer from AO and they were fab so I think you've made the right choice.

Sorry you've felt everything has got on top of you, know that feeling well. Hope DH and the kids step up a bit xx
    Mummytogirls x

• debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sometimes you need to sit on the floor and cry! Then you pick yourself back up again. Look forward to a nice spangly new oven!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    I do lots of my crying in the shower! Big hugs.

Hope new oven is fab Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

OK now for some honesty - had a bit of a mini breakdown a few days ago, just trying to keep on top of everything, paying bills, keeping up with the house, animals, work (not enjoying) and then the oven breaking down just seemed to tip me over, kids are not pulling there weight and it all got too much. Ended up sat on the kitchen floor just sobbing. Juggling too much maybe.

PWPS.x.

Oh, penny, I hope you are feeling a better after you have let it all out. It's not easy, is it? You've accomplished so much, so stay strong.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Afternoon.

Feeling a bit brighter thankyou guys. Although I still feel overwhelmed by things i'm taking baby steps and breaking things down into managable chunks.

New oven is fab and I have baking lots of goodies which is keeping everyone happy.

Been doing some thinking about debt, things that need doing/replacing around the house and how I feel guilty for spending on the house because of debt and then feel down about the house needing work. so I've decided to try and have a goal to overpay every month and then any extra can go towards house.
    I have been through finances and we are fine everything is covered including payment for DD school trip and blazer/school shoes for DS have been purchased.

Goals for this month-

Pay small debt - £65.90
    new bed frame & Mattress £400

I also need to make sure I get everything when i go shopping to a1di at the weekend and stop popping into more expensive shops during the week and doing £25 top up shops.

I need to take some time for me and stop stressing so much. Life is for living after all. I also want to book a holiday for next year but this needs a family meeting which won't happen until next week as we all have a flat out week coming up.

Hope everyone is ok.x
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad to hear you're feeling more positive and have come up with a do-able plan.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Couple of sales on £bay today £24 made after postage and fees. £12 each to debt and bed.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning.

Not sure what's the matter with me been up since 6am. So far this morning I've slapped hair dye on must wash off in a minute, done some ironing and wrapped some ebay items as I sold more last night.

Banking checked and a couple of DD and cheques gone out. Also sent £8 to each pot bed/debt.

Hope everyone has a great day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure