PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Comments

• nikkilala_2
    nikkilala_2 Posts: 9,872 Forumite
    weewen wrote: »
    Hi, i posted earlier to say that Lloyds were upholding a cc ppi claim. Well offer came through yesterday for £11,233!! breakdown doesn't say how far they went back. Card been on the go since 1985 with a £10,000 limit and although we no longer have a balance on it latest payments were between £75 and £80 a month on ppi.

That is brilliant, looks like your's was sent out in the same batch as mine:T:T
    Beware!!!! Glitching is addictive:rotfl:
  • sunny8_2
    sunny8_2 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Hi, i posted earlier to say that Lloyds were upholding a cc ppi claim. Well offer came through yesterday for £11,233!! breakdown doesn't say how far they went back. Card been on the go since 1985 with a £10,000 limit and although we no longer have a balance on it latest payments were between £75 and £80 a month on ppi.

WOW!! :T:T Thats amazing, well done:T:Txx
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    sunny8 wrote: »
    Thanks luvie, i have emailed them a lovely letter of complaint as my Oh put a claim in with an old card,the balance was only ever about £200, think the ppi would only come to about £300 but that is irrelevant. 3 letters i have sent them & they replied once to brush it off..so i have said their customer service is awful & my oh is thinking of moving his account!!!:cool: We will see what they come back with??;) xx

That's the spirit :T:j, you keep at them girlie, you will get there, and if they ignore, then email them again and tell them you will be contacting the FSA.:D;)
    Fingers crossed x
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    nikkilala wrote: »
    • What were you reclaiming: Loan
    • Who was the provider: Lloyds
    • How much did you get back: £2,800
    • Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: letter
    After all the excitement of realising that Lloyds are paying up and how much would it be possible for someone to have a quick look and see what they think of the figures.
    I took the loan in 2000 for 5 years fixed rate which was for £15,000 and the business loan repayment insurance premium was £24.34 a month. The loan wasnt paid off early and ran full term. Total payments each month including ppi were £352.15 which was at an interest rate of 10.68%. APR 11.7%
    I applied for my refund in february 2011 and had the two standard letters. i have just had the letter yesterday to say that it's upheld, and will be paid by cheque as soon as possible. I didnt get a letter that some seem to be getting about waiting for the calculations to be done.
    My letter does say that due to the passage of time we no longer have detailed records relating to your loan.the absence of detailed records means that even if we were able to assume the amount and the term of the loan based, for example, on your recollections, their is no guarantee our calculations would be accurate. In a genuine attempt to resolve your complaint our offer of £2,800 is equal to our average compensatory payment. we have agreed with the FOS that an average payment method in cases such as yours is fair and reasonable.

Well done and Congratulations!:T:beer::j
  • di3004

WOW, that is a big sum!:eek::D:T:j:j Well done and Congratulations!:beer:
  • weyford
    weyford Posts: 15 Forumite
    need some advice on what to do next pse

we took out a loan with Halifax it was a telephone loan and they never explained about PPI

i put in for PPI and Ive received a letter from them saying its been declined :(

obviously i'm going to get in touch with the ombudsman and explain whats gone on is this the correct route pse ?

thanks
  • Niggly I have another one for you.
    I have a barclaycard for about 20 years and for the last 5-6 years have been on reduced payments the outstanding debt is 2915 I have noticed that they are still taking out ppi at 23.00 a month so in theory I am only paying 7.00 a month off my bill. I remember asking them to stop this sometime ago but they are still doing this . So my question is do I have a chance of getting my money back with interest for the ppi and if poss give me some idea of how much that could be. Because my point is if I am reduced payments surely the ppi is null and void anyssway?
    thanks
  • di3004
    weyford wrote: »
    need some advice on what to do next pse

we took out a loan with Halifax it was a telephone loan and they never explained about PPI

i put in for PPI and Ive received a letter from them saying its been declined :(

obviously i'm going to get in touch with the ombudsman and explain whats gone on is this the correct route pse ?

thanks

Hi there

How long ago did you take out the loan (year)? if after Jan 2005 then I would ask them to provide you with the evidence of the teleophone call.
    What was the reason they declined?

Was it the final decision? In other words, sometimes they give you the opportunity to provide further information to support your case, if you feel your complaint have not been investigated properly then make them aware of this, and tell them you feel they missed the points on the reasons you have given them, and you are asking them to reconsider by 14 days, then go on to say, if you hear nothing by then or they do not change the decision, then you will be taking this complaint further.
    I would personally do that anyway, but its up to you, because sometimes its known they change a final decision, then if nothing is heard by the 14 days then complain to the FOS.
    Ask them the same time to provide you with the details of the phone call when it was sold to you.

Hope this helps, and normally in the final decision they will enclose details with the leaflet of the FOS and how to complaint to them.
    But still do what I suggested "if you want to" its up to you, good luck and keep at them, don't let this put you off, because this happens x;)
  • weyford
    weyford Posts: 15 Forumite
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi there

How long ago did you take out the loan (year)? if after Jan 2005 then I would ask them to provide you with the evidence of the teleophone call.
    What was the reason they declined?

Was it the final decision? In other words, sometimes they give you the opportunity to provide further information to support your case, if you feel your complaint have not been investigated properly then make them aware of this, and tell them you feel they missed the points on the reasons you have given them, and you are asking them to reconsider by 14 days, then go on to say, if you hear nothing by then or they do not change the decision, then you will be taking this complaint further.
    I would personally do that anyway, but its up to you, because sometimes its known they change a final decision, then if nothing is heard by the 14 days then complain to the FOS.
    Ask them the same time to provide you with the details of the phone call when it was sold to you.

Hope this helps, and normally in the final decision they will enclose details with the leaflet of the FOS and how to complaint to them.
    But still do what I suggested "if you want to" its up to you, good luck and keep at them, don't let this put you off, because this happens x;)

thanks for replying ill certainly take it further

and thats a good point re asking for evidance of phone call
  • di3004
    weyford wrote: »
    thanks for replying ill certainly take it further

and thats a good point re asking for evidance of phone call

You are very welcome, good luck. x;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories