Have you any nice travel plans for 2018?

Comments

• Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    I'm trying to send my sons and husband on a man trip at the end of September and everywhere I've suggested is pretty much booked up.

Warsaw has a film festival that is on the week they can all get. Budapest is too expensive and one son won't go to Berlin. Even Gdansk is pretty much sold out. (Bear in mind, I'm looking at airfare from western Canada)

Budapest is cheap when you get there, if that helps!
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Still nothing booked up for 2018 as work has been crazy so far this year. I may have a window for a last minute break in the middle of May but if I do it will just be somewhere cheap and warm-ish.
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    I did have plans for a week split between Helsinki & St Petersburg but we're sticking to Finland now. Only 5 weeks until we fly but fortunately hadn't booked anything so it's easy to change our plans.

I also have a couple of week in the Philippines for November.
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I am going on an Explore tour from Budapest to Prague via Bratislava and Vienna in late June. I will also be in Bologna with a brief stop off in Venice in September. I may book a trip to Romania in October.
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,813 Forumite
    I'm trying to send my sons and husband on a man trip at the end of September and everywhere I've suggested is pretty much booked up.

Warsaw has a film festival that is on the week they can all get. Budapest is too expensive and one son won't go to Berlin. Even Gdansk is pretty much sold out. (Bear in mind, I'm looking at airfare from western Canada)
    Why is one son so against Berlin? I really like it there and it is one of my regular stop offs for a short break.
  • holidaysforme
    holidaysforme Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    We've had a week in Fuertaventura in February, and we are going to Rome for four days at the end of this month.
    Four days in Spain with my daughter in June and Majorca for a week on July.

Long weekend in Dublin in May with a friend as well. We've also been to Brighton and London this year for weekends.

Week in France in September.
    we'll also have a few weekends away locally in our campervan weather permitting.
  • holidaysforme
    Meant to say this is more holidays than we normally have. We used Avios for the Fuertaventura flights and for the ones to Malaga.
    Also, the accomadation costs for both of those trips were absoloute bargains!
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Meant to say this is more holidays than we normally have. We used Avios for the Fuertaventura flights and for the ones to Malaga.
    Also, the accomadation costs for both of those trips were absoloute bargains!

If you not been to Malaga before, it's a lovely city. Most people skip it completely in their rush to get to their sunbeds.
  • holidaysforme
    PompeyPete wrote: »
    If you not been to Malaga before, it's a lovely city. Most people skip it completely in their rush to get to their sunbeds.

We're actually staying in Benalmadena Pete. Lovely apartment near the beach. Went to Malaga last year in it's own right though for a city break. Like many people, we've flown to it numerous times but always on our way to the coast.
  • Italy for me, as usual. A week at lake Garda, then a week in Milan, including two days at the Italian GP.

I expect as usual everyone I talk to in Italian will reply in English :rotfl:
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure