Post Office Easy Access Savings

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    zilla6 wrote: »
    Thanks again Katie. But Tesco rates are too low!
    I'm currently using Ulster @ 1.25% but they are reducing to 1% in April, so was looking for something over 1.2%. That's why I looked at PO and ICICI, but neither are suitable. Now looking at Bank of Cyprus UK.
    Tesco are paying 1.30% aren't they?
    I opened one of these accounts at the weekend. Only after I opened it, I found you can only pay money in/out from one nominated account...
    You need to get into the habit of reading the T&Cs before applying for a financial product. Start with Tesco?
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 February 2018 at 12:22PM
    metrobus wrote: »
    How does the DD get set up?

Do they send forms out to be signed?

How do they notify you it's been set up?

Thank you
    They confirm your DD also by letter.... shows full PO account number, too.
  • soulsaver
    edited 8 February 2018 at 12:15PM
    I opened one of these accounts at the weekend. Only after I opened it, I found you can only pay money in/out from one nominated account, and that it takes 3-5 working days to pay money into the PO account.
    I paid in some money from my nominated account which hasn't yet arrived after 3 working days. I also paid in £10 from a debit card and that did arrive.
    As soon as all the money is paid in, I am closing the PO account.

Another strange thing is I don't know my full account number, only the 4 last numbers, the rest is just *****[/QUOTE]
    See previous post, plus:

Go to statements; select ac you want full ac number for from drop list; click latest statement; at the top of the page is full ac number
    Or..
    [STRIKE]Select 'transfer money in'; select ac; select, say, £1; next; top of the next page tells you ac number in full... you don't have to complete the process[/STRIKE].

Or
    Go to nominated account and look at the DDs set up, prob shows the full PO ac number.
  • zilla6
    zilla6 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Go to statements; select ac you want full ac number for from drop list; click latest statement; at the top of the page is full ac number.
    Or..
    Select 'transfer money in'; select ac; select, say, £1; next; top of the next page tells you ac number in full... you don't have to complete the process.
    Thanks Soulsaver........ but neither of those steps worked, I still only see the last 4 numbers. I don't have a statement yet as the account is too new.
    And I don't have a DD set up on my nominated account.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    i have found them to be very poor CSwise.

i had my account number, but I didn't receive a letter with my User ID. i managed to get it over the telephone at the weekend, but it was hard going.
  • soulsaver
    Thanks Soulsaver........ but neither of those steps worked, I still only see the last 4 numbers. I don't have a statement yet as the account is too new.
    And I don't have a DD set up on my nominated account.

Just checked .. and yep - that middle option doesn't work now, they've changed the process... for the worse IMO as they've removed the confirmation step after 'next' which has changed to 'complete' without another step(IIRC).
    Post edited.

PS I agree their CS & online facility is rubbish. But I like their regular deposit facility.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    When I set up my first Tesco account I could only see the last 4 numbers until the account was verified and fully opened.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Yep, Tesco internet saver is paying 1.30% for the first year which is better than the others quoted!
    (but the instant access saver is paying a lot less.)
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • zilla6
    zilla6 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Tesco are paying 1.30% aren't they?You need to get into the habit of reading the T&Cs before applying for a financial product. Start with Tesco?

Tesco seem to be paying 0.4%

I read as much info as I could before opening and it didn't state money can only be paid in from nominated ac. Whereas it does say withdrawals are made to nominated ac.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,206 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Tesco seem to be paying 0.4%

I read as much info as I could before opening and it didn't state money can only be paid in from nominated ac. Whereas it does say withdrawals are made to nominated ac.

Not sure what you're looking at re Tesco

https://www.tescobank.com/savings/flexible/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family