The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,650
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 1 July 2017 at 6:22AM
    I know what you mean about a streamlined life. Decluttering is part of my aim too but it is really about a bigger picture where my life works for me so I can do more of the things I want to do rather than so many of the things I ought/should/have to do.

I will be having a hardcore frugal July. My NSDs start today. I plan to have no spending until Wednesday so 4 days in a row again. I have no chocolate in so it will be a big ask.

Have a good day and do something nice for yourself today Parsniphead :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you all for you comments. Marie Kondoing seems to inspire so many but after reading it twice it doesn't reach me. Perhaps while I have time off work I will try aain. Perhaps I will feel the love more with a bit of time to do it.

I know what you mean about a streamlined life. Decluttering is part of my aim too but it is really about a bigger picture where my life works for me so I can do more of the things I want to do rather than so many of the things I ought/should/have to do.

I will be having a hardcore frugal July. My NSDs start today. I plan to have no spending until Wednesday so 4 days in a row again. I have no chocolate in so it will be a big ask.

Have a good day and do something nice for yourself today Parsniphead :)

This is what I was trying to say but you said it much more clearly. I'm doing a ultra frugal July through a challenge on this site, frugalwoods.com. It's a site I have been reading recently and they have a lovely life. I'm also enjoying downtoearth.com with Rhonda Jean. I haven't been on that site for a long time but I'm really enjoying it again.

Oh no son is calling. Back later.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • parsniphead
    Forumite
    Morning diary.

What a shocking morning. I looked in the mirror, very closely.:eek: What a state my skin is in. I most definitely need to start drinking lots and lots of water again. Oh dear, I'm not doing that again any time soon.;)

Another day of doing bits and bobs. I don't feel I can focus on my things until work on Monday is done. Roll on Monday at 2pm.

It's a nice day so I'm going to try and spend a little bit of time in the garden.

Right that's enough for now. Typing on a kindle f1re is really annoying.

Have a good day.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • parsniphead
    Forumite
    It's my last day at work for a few weeks. I did officially finish last Thursday but volunteered for today.....why oh why did I do that! I really itching to get on with all my stuff. I have so many sewing jobs my spare room looks like a laundry. I have a new fence panel to build. I have hours of decorating and decluttering to do and the garden really needs looking at. I can see many many trips to the tip also. To make matters worse this has to all be done before DS breaks up in three weeks. I think a clear time plan needs to be worked out to do things in the correct order using time as wisely as possible.

On top of that DH has decided to ask people round for his birthday. He made a snap decision when his sister asked the other day. I'm annoyed really as I have been asking him for months he and kept saying he wasn't bothered. I'm being being a bit stubborn though as mother in law wants it at her house as she said there is more room. Translate that into we don't want to have to bother to travel there. They can be so selfish at times. :mad:

Right lets get this day done and dusted, then the real work begins.

Have a good day all.

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Oh Parsnip, it sounds really busy, and having relatives coming around on top of that! Not what you need.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Chandelier.
    Chandelier. Posts: 933
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Parsnip I hope you manage to declutter. That's my mission for the next couple of weeks to get rid of what we don't want/don't need. When I start, I don't know.

I can totally relate to the title of your diary. I procrastinate and I'm unorganised.. I've been working on this forever and haven't found a method to suit me.

In regards to your husbands birthday, rather then provide a buffer or something could you make up a big lasagne, chilli or hotpot? I'd definitely do it at your place just to annoy your MIL and to make them travel ;). Also you could ask people to bring their own drinks. That's what we say when we have bbq/get togethers for occasions and noone seems to bat an eyelid.

Have a lovely day.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 9,852
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    How annoying re your husband's birthday! There's a trade-off somewhere - what expenses would they cover if it were held at theirs? Or is it not worth the trade off because of how it annoys you? (If it were me I'd be stressed at the amount of tidying and cleaning needed before asking people round, but that's me :o).

I hope work gives you Brownie points for coming in.

How's this for a displacement activity? This morning I washed and mended my peg bag which has been held together by a peg for at least 2 years. This is instead of holiday packing / shopping / housework. I can't even say it's a good mend - it's messy but I couldn't see another way to do it.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    Forumite
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Oh Parsnip, it sounds really busy, and having relatives coming around on top of that! Not what you need.

I love being busy Bob and I seem to work better under pressure. I could do without the in law as though.
    Parsnip I hope you manage to declutter. That's my mission for the next couple of weeks to get rid of what we don't want/don't need. When I start, I don't know.

I can totally relate to the title of your diary. I procrastinate and I'm unorganised.. I've been working on this forever and haven't found a method to suit me.

In regards to your husbands birthday, rather then provide a buffer or something could you make up a big lasagne, chilli or hotpot? I'd definitely do it at your place just to annoy your MIL and to make them travel ;). Also you could ask people to bring their own drinks. That's what we say when we have bbq/get togethers for occasions and noone seems to bat an eyelid.

Have a lovely day.

If you ever find the answer Chandelier can you let me know. I think it's one of those things which I have to learn to control to a certain degree, but it's always going to be there. I think we just have to keep trying with the decluttering. One day we will all get there.

We do the bring your own drinks too. They like a drink do the in laws so there is no way I'm coughing up to keep them going. Plus it's the same when we go to events at there houses so it doesn't bother me to tell them to do that.
    How annoying re your husband's birthday! There's a trade-off somewhere - what expenses would they cover if it were held at theirs? Or is it not worth the trade off because of how it annoys you? (If it were me I'd be stressed at the amount of tidying and cleaning needed before asking people round, but that's me :o).

I hope work gives you Brownie points for coming in.

How's this for a displacement activity? This morning I washed and mended my peg bag which has been held together by a peg for at least 2 years. This is instead of holiday packing / shopping / housework. I can't even say it's a good mend - it's messy but I couldn't see another way to do it.

I know I'm cutting off my nose to spite my face but im sick to the back of my teeth with everything having to be their way. To be honest they probably won't turn up. The day of DS's first birthday everyone of them made excuses not to come. I was really upset that you could blank your grandson like that. Later DH read on fakebook that they had all gone out together for the night with DH's ex partner (who treated him very badly by the way). I can't tell you how bl00dy angry that made me. I have never invited them to any of his party's since.

I love your displacement activity.:rotfl: I thought I was good, but you're the master. Hilarious. Now get your packing done Miss Naughty. :naughty::naughty::naughty:

I did go in today but when I came to put in the rimitence no one wanted to know. If I don't get paid I will be fuming. :mad:. On a positive note when I got home I had 45 minutes free before going to pick up DS from school. I managed to vacuum downstairs. Not only the carpets but the furniture too. I put away the washing and did some washing up. I just love how much I can do when I put my mind to it when I have a short space of time.

Anyway tomorrow. Sewing, I need to get the money in from these jobs. Then some fence building. I need the garden secure and once it's done I can move the greenhouse.

Right time for bed soon. 5am start tomorrow :eek:.

Night all.

• parsniphead
    Forumite
    edited 4 July 2017 at 8:36AM
    ***DISCLAIMER - I'M JUST PONDERING NONSENCE***

I should not be given thinking time I swear. It's far too dangerous. Anyway walking back from school I got to thinking how I need to stick to my D@ve R@msey baby steps. I do, I do, I do...........but :o I also had another little thought pop into my head. :eek: I wonder as I'm not back at work now until 21st August, therefore I have seven weeks off, three of them with child safely in school ;) how close to becoming debt free I could become if I worked really, REALLY hard at it.

You see, I now have a period of time to be as focussed on one thing as I can be.

Ideas
    • I have loads and loads of sewing to do bringing in extra money.
    • i do not need gas and electricity this month as i have it covered to the end of the month.
    • i have loads of stuff in the fridge/freezer and cupboards which could be turned into meals even with my very limited cooking skills.
    • i have loads of stuff i could sell and time to do it.
    • i have money which would have gone on work related expences, such as parking, which could be extra towards debt.

So you see it wouldn't hurt would it? All monies made would initially go towards the £1000 emergency fund and the rest towards the debt. I would still be on the plan wouldn't i?

It would be exceptionally hard work but I love being busy and don't cope well with lack of structure.

It wouldn't hurt to have a go. You never know I may finish the seven weeks with an emergency fund and be debt free. AT THIS POINT I WOULD USUALLY USE THE ROLLING THE FLOOR LAUGHING THINGY BUT THIS TIME NO. IM GOING TO THINK POSITIVE AND SEE MY GOALS MET IN MY HEAD.:T

Oh blimey, it looks like I have managed to talk myself into it. What's to lose eh.

Right ho, off I go.

Have a good day all. Xxx

• clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    ***DISCLAIMER - I'M JUST PONDERING NONSENCE***

I should not be given thinking time I swear. It's far too dangerous. Anyway walking back from school I got to thinking how I need to stick to my D@ve R@msey baby steps. I do, I do, I do...........but :o I also had another little thought pop into my head. :eek: I wonder as I'm not back at work now until 21st August, therefore I have seven weeks off, three of them with child safely in school ;) how close to becoming debt free I could become if I worked really, REALLY hard at it.

You see, I now have a period of time to be as focussed on one thing as I can be.

Ideas
    • I have loads and loads of sewing to do bringing in extra money.
    • i do not need gas and electricity this month as i have it covered to the end of the month.
    • i have loads of stuff in the fridge/freezer and cupboards which could be turned into meals even with my very limited cooking skills.
    • i have loads of stuff i could sell and time to do it.
    • i have money which would have gone on work related expences, such as parking, which could be extra towards debt.

So you see it wouldn't hurt would it? All monies made would initially go towards the £1000 emergency fund and the rest towards the debt. I would still be on the plan wouldn't i?

It would be exceptionally hard work but I love being busy and don't cope well with lack of structure.

It wouldn't hurt to have a go. You never know I may finish the seven weeks with an emergency fund and be debt free. AT THIS POINT I WOULD USUALLY USE THE ROLLING THE FLOOR LAUGHING THINGY BUT THIS TIME NO. IM GOING TO THINK POSITIVE AND SEE MY GOALS MET IN MY HEAD.:T

Oh blimey, it looks like I have managed to talk myself into it. What's to lose eh.

Right ho, off I go.

Have a good day all. Xxx

Good on you! Go for it :) Worst case scenario is you have your emergency fund and a dent in your debt. Best case is that you clear your debts!

Hello by the way :) I've subscribed to keep track!
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business