Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Comments

• diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    20aday wrote: »
    Hello fellow frustrated Vodafone customer!

Fill out this form here: http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm using the advice posted above in this sticky.

OP the link in the sticky doesn't work (there's no URL attached) so if you can amend to hot link it that'd be great.

YaoSong can you also put a link into the contact page for Ofcom :D

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about/what-is-ofcom/contact-us/
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    diamonds wrote: »
    YaoSong can you also put a link into the contact page for Ofcom :D

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about/what-is-ofcom/contact-us/

I've a feeling OFCOM should take priority linking over Vodafone ;)
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    20aday wrote: »
    I've a feeling OFCOM should take priority linking over Vodafone ;)

Indeed. I agree.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • I took out a vodafone contract in the summer through carphone warehouse and filled in all the forms necessary including my DD details.

maybe 6-8 weeks later i noticed no payment had been made, there was no DD set up on my bank account and nothing showing on my credit report so i went int a different carphone warehouse store near my work to check. they found my account and said everything was showing as ok, all up to date and no issues. said maybe it was just taking a bit longer to set up and not to worry.

a few more weeks later still nothing so i called vodafone who said they couldnt find my account at first then when they did, that again all was fine and not to worry (advisor didnt leave notes on my account to verify this).

i next went into a vodafone store and told them the story, they checked my account and even showed me on screen that no payment was due, this was now 3-4 months into my contract and i was telling them i hadnt made any payments. he said with a nil balance there was no payment i could make....
    I decided to give new DD details (my partners account whom i took the phone out for) so the advisor did this in store.

it was then i got a notification from credit expert of a change in my credit report - i checked this and it was the addition of a vodafone account and 2 late payments.

ive chased this up so many times now and i keep getting told it was my responsibility to make the payments.

ive been back into the vodafone store who remembered me coming in and have left notes to this effect. it has been investigated by a manager on the customer services line who said it was an error transferring the details from carphone warehouse to vodafone why it was never set up but also showing as up to date.

ive written to their customer relations and had credit expert contact them but am still being told it was my responsibilty to make the payment.

i dont know what else i can do. i made many attempts to make payments, i was fully aware no payment has been taken and was going in to store or calling every few weeks.

i am close to needing to apply for 3 buy to let remortgages on to new fixed rates and cant do it with a score of 750 when its normally 999.

can anyone shed any light or give me advice how to have them correct their error.

really appreciate it

mark
  • PS sorry for the essay, wanted to put all the details in and didnt realise it was that long
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    gricem85 wrote: »
    I took out a vodafone contract in the summer through carphone warehouse and filled in all the forms necessary including my DD details.

maybe 6-8 weeks later i noticed no payment had been made, there was no DD set up on my bank account and nothing showing on my credit report so i went int a different carphone warehouse store near my work to check. they found my account and said everything was showing as ok, all up to date and no issues. said maybe it was just taking a bit longer to set up and not to worry.

a few more weeks later still nothing so i called vodafone who said they couldnt find my account at first then when they did, that again all was fine and not to worry (advisor didnt leave notes on my account to verify this).

i next went into a vodafone store and told them the story, they checked my account and even showed me on screen that no payment was due, this was now 3-4 months into my contract and i was telling them i hadnt made any payments. he said with a nil balance there was no payment i could make....
    I decided to give new DD details (my partners account whom i took the phone out for) so the advisor did this in store.

it was then i got a notification from credit expert of a change in my credit report - i checked this and it was the addition of a vodafone account and 2 late payments.

ive chased this up so many times now and i keep getting told it was my responsibility to make the payments.

ive been back into the vodafone store who remembered me coming in and have left notes to this effect. it has been investigated by a manager on the customer services line who said it was an error transferring the details from carphone warehouse to vodafone why it was never set up but also showing as up to date.

ive written to their customer relations and had credit expert contact them but am still being told it was my responsibilty to make the payment.

i dont know what else i can do. i made many attempts to make payments, i was fully aware no payment has been taken and was going in to store or calling every few weeks.

i am close to needing to apply for 3 buy to let remortgages on to new fixed rates and cant do it with a score of 750 when its normally 999.

can anyone shed any light or give me advice how to have them correct their error.

really appreciate it

mark

Contact Ofcom and make a recorded reference numbered complaint, then voda and Ombudsman.

Also ICO as Voda are not submitting correct data info to the credit agencies.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    I'm wondering if Vodafone have had issues with processing payments over Summer 2015?

Given that Mark's had issues with Direct Debits and me with my failed upfront payment...

I was contacted today re: my issue.

Didn't really get an apology for what had gone on but I now know to vote with my feet at the end of my minimum term with them!
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • Vodafone used to be a company that was fairly easy to deal with, that is no longer the case.

I've been a customer of Vodafone for many years now, I had a contract for 12 months with them and was a happy customer so signed my wife up to an 18 month deal when she got her phone. At the end of my contract, I moved to a sim only deal to save cash, which has been fine.

My wife's phone still had time to run on the contract, but I planned to do the same once her contract finished. At this point, both phones were visible on the same online account (bills etc), we paid for our bills from our own personal bank accounts. No issues there.

Now we get to the issues............

I asked to put my wife on the same sim only deal, nothing else needed to change. My bill had increased slightly to £22 a month but I was happy for us to both pay that (previously north of £30).

On Jan 6th my wife's bill was £29.67, mine just over £18 - fine, she was still in-between the changes. However, I then got a bill sent to me for £60.72!!! This was broken down into three parts, a balance bought forward for my wife's phone of £21.77, my bill and her next bill. All to come out of my account. I could not understand why she was paying twice in two months.

So I made the call, was bumped to the next person with not explanation from the first and then again to a third person, each time I had to explain the issues. The third person's English was not the best but he told me he'd re-split the bills for the following month (March) and the £21.77 was an error, "do not worry about this" he said.

As I was not confident I called again and was told by the next agent that this was all sorted, he too said the £21.77 would drop off and I'd just pay one combined bill for Feb, split again in March. You can guess what happened a day later...........? £21.77 was taken from my account!!

So I called again last night, bumped between departments by agents with poor English language skills, I was told by the final agent that there is no evidence of a payment for £29.67! He has said there is nothing they can do for another 5 days until their system settles down (also shouting to someone close by in another language). As it was getting toward my pay day, this has taken me into a chargeable overdraft.

Today I will visit a store and if needed, draw a diagram so they understand this very basic !!!!-up! I'll also be visiting O2 and EE to see what deals they have, as I've totally lost faith in Vodafone and their rude employees.
  • dolphin19
    dolphin19 Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    edited 22 January 2016 at 6:42PM
    nomywell wrote: »
    Thanks for this new thread. I'm still awaiting any response at all for my issue. I have logged all of my 21 calls and in-store visits. Sent two complaints and one deadlock request registered post the first being on the 10th Dec, and I've also registered and posted my WRT code on the other thread and still nothing. The silence is deafening! The only thing I haven't done throughout all this is record any conversations, but they must have records of some of the 21 calls?!

Surely this can't continue? I can no longer pronounce the word 'unbelievable' any more due to the abuse of the word over these last 6 weeks. Do you think I can claim compensation for Vodafone ruining my vocabulary? :)

This could have been me posting. I am currently going through the complaints process with Vodafone after an issue which started in October 2015 when I moved from Vodafone to Orange and I was given a PAC code for changing without being told my contract still had 6 months on it. They are trying to charge me £460 but have actually at one point said that figure is incorrect anyway and it should be £220 - they can't explain how they reached the figure of £460 but I don't think I should be charged anything as I was not informed of this. The have referred me to a debt collection agency but told me it was a third party mediator (google was my friend in that case)

I have spent 7 hours in the Carphone Warehouse trying to deal with this issue and lost track of the number of phone calls that have been made (luckily I made a note of the dates)- the only times they have phoned me, rather than me phoning them, have been Boxing Day and New Years Eve! I am (almost literally) tearing my hair out. My complaint about their incompetence is 3 sheets of A4 long!

I have followed Which magazine's advice of informing them I am taking my complaint to the Ombudsman, I will be doing this in the next 2 weeks.

Finding this thread on here has at least shown me that I am not alone!
  • dolphin19 wrote: »
    I have followed Which magazine's advice of informing them I am taking my complaint to the Ombudsman, I will be doing this in the next 2 weeks.

Finding this thread on here has at least shown me that I am not alone!

Good luck, but do follow the advice at the start of this thread. I did, and Lee dealt with things. I'm still a customer (though I have the PAC codes ready to leave) and it remains to be seen whether Lee will honour his words to me. But I recorded the conversation and have this to fall back on should things get messy again.

It is worth noting that I never did receive anything back from Vodafone despite 2 complaint letters and one deadlock request and Lee telling me a reply was sent on the 10th. But hopefully that's all behind me now anyway. Good riddance I say. They will never again get my custom.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure