SIM card to use in the USA

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    Get the three data sim comes with 200MB free every month time register right you get 400MB while in the US.

I just did a 30day addon 4GB unlimited calls and text for £10.

For low use there is 120MB day for 50p

That sim also has £2 that comes with 150MB 2day expire.
  • i just got back from USA, i went into 3 store before i went got a £20 sim it uncluded 12gb and free calls & texts back home. i just put it in phone few days before i went to register it and texted someone whilst in uk & it worked fine.
    • 2010 wins-lottery £154.10,cadburys cream egg cup,2 cuddly koalas,Inju5ice cd,Danpak retro mp3 alarm,taste of London tickets,trip to LA for Valentines day premiere.
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    HogMan wrote: »
    Last time I added credit and converted to an add on, I had a text from 3 saying that you can now purchase add ons directly.
    Last time I was in US earlier this year, Three had stopped requiring an add-on to qualify for 1p/MB data. All Three add-ons expire while your 321 credit doesn't. Unless you plan on really heavy data use in a short timespan, I can't see the point of buying any add-ons.
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    buglawton wrote: »
    Last time I was in US earlier this year, Three had stopped requiring an add-on to qualify for 1p/MB data. All Three add-ons expire while your 321 credit doesn't. Unless you plan on really heavy data use in a short timespan, I can't see the point of buying any add-ons.

1p per MB is £10 for 1GB. It's quite possible they would exceed 1 GB over eighteen days.

Though still useful to know that a bundle isn't required. I didn't know that had changed.

Usually a good source of info; https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/threes-feel-at-home
  • As an aside, there are plenty of apps which load the maps onto the phone and don't need any data to navigate

You can also download areas of Google maps to use offline.
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• Carnmore
    Carnmore Posts: 137
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    By getting a free SIM, adding £10 and converting that credit to an add-on, how much data will it provide?
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Carnmore wrote: »
    By getting a free SIM, adding £10 and converting that credit to an add-on, how much data will it provide?

You really need to pay attention, rather than asking the same questions over and over again.

I've supplied the links that showed you clearly. Again.....4 GB

Try actually looking at the links supplied....
  • Carnmore
    Carnmore Posts: 137
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I went through the SIM ordering process but didn't receive a confirmation email so repeated it, still no email.
    I contacted Three and they have no record of an order on their system and then I was cut off..
    Have just tried to purchase a prepaid SIM and my Revolut card gets rejected each time..

Would appreciate any suggestions
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If PAYG is all you need, pick up a Three SIM and a £10 top up voucher at a local convenience store.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure