PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

tea tree oil

Comments

• Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks 160, haven't tried this but will give it a go. My Nan used to swear by an egg-qhite face pack before special events etc as it supposedly tightens up the skin in teh short term & therefore reduces wrinkles for a few hours too!
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
    16011996 Posts: 8,313
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    the egg yolk is good for your hair too, rub it in, leave and rinse in cool water (or else ytou get scrambled egg hair!!!) makes it less greasy.
  • Cullumpster
    Cullumpster Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    Apparently Milk of Magnesia is good for your spots as well, i slap it on and leave it while i'm in the bath, makes your skin very soft and lovely! ;)
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    yes think there was a thread on that some where. ;D will see if i can bump it.
  • Lucie_2
    Lucie_2 Posts: 1,482
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Dab tea tree oil on coldsores too
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    can't find it, must have been mistaken. sorry.
  • r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Lillibet,

I have had the same problem since coming off the pill - evn after 6 months, my skin ins't calming down any. :-/ It was perfectly fine before and during!!! ::)

I will also try tea-tree oil.

rx
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • Galtizz
    Galtizz Posts: 1,016 Forumite
    If it was the one with the pink or silver back (can't remember the name of it) It is also used to stop acne so if you've been on it a while your system will have been relying on the pill and stopping the spots.

I got a bit zitty when I changed from this one back to my normal one and that lasted about 6 months so hopefully it should go soon. If not try asking your doctor (if the tea tree doesn't work)
    When life hands you a lemon, make sure you ask for tequilla and salt ;)
  • franky
    franky Posts: 641 Forumite
    Thanks for the advice Franky.  Does it work as a preventative to nits or just a treatment?  Only asking because I have just started a new job in a primary school and there has been an outbreak of them!  Makes me want to scratch just thinking about it!!!  :o

I too am allergic to lavender and geranium as well, it gives me hayfever and yet I have been told to use it to help me sleep!! Does anyone know if there is  any thing else that would help without making me sneeze?

it gets rid of them
    and
    helps prevent them
    they should stay away if youve sprayed it on,
    or dab it behind ears
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The only way to prevent head lice is to not have head/hair contact :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure