CSA Amount

Options
I have 2 children with my ex wife (5 and 11) i have them 4 days a week and give her £250, I have a 6 month old with a different woman and the CSA are demanding I pay £320 per month, this seems a little excessive for a 6 month old and if I do the online calculator it is more like £220 per month, I have spoken with the CSA and none of what they have said makes sense, I just feel like I am paying over the odds

Any one got any thoughts?

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    is the payment to your ex wife a private arrangement? (CMS may not be including this amount)
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm confused why, if you have care around 60% of the time you are paying your ex wife anything?
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    timw7 wrote: »
    I have 2 children with my ex wife (5 and 11) i have them 4 days a week and give her £250, I have a 6 month old with a different woman and the CSA are demanding I pay £320 per month, this seems a little excessive for a 6 month old and if I do the online calculator it is more like £220 per month, I have spoken with the CSA and none of what they have said makes sense, I just feel like I am paying over the odds

Any one got any thoughts?

If your profession is a say a Premier footballer, then the figures are not excessive, if you are on NLW then perhaps.
    However the final figure is calculated from you salary and % with some reduction for overnight stops.
    I think you need to be clear on the payment arrangements and how they are deemed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure