Issue with Motability Car

2»

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I just cant understand why you would take a lease on a car you did not want.
    All cars have delivery mileage.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    As a Motability user since 1995, I have never taken any car without first requesting a test drive. I have only had one problem with a dealership over all those leases and that was back when mileage was limited to 12,000 per year, a move to another county and another dealership.

Motability has made great strides over the years and will nowadays take action to help users: my current lease began with one model of SUV. When both myself and my wife had serious operations, we were forced to downsize in order to be able to get in and out without pain. The process of swapping one for a smaller car, was carried out by the dealership and Motability efficiently and easily.

I fail to understand why you did not work with Motability to refuse the car you say does not meet your needs, and get the one that does. I suspect there is more to the story than you give here.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Why on earth would you choose a car without first test driving it? Seems like the only person to blame here is yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure