Best Sim-only Deals guide Discussion

Options

Comments

• NorthEasterner123
    Options
    Currently on EE

So I am currently on EE paying £15 per month SIMO Max plan for 12GB data, fastest speed available, unlimited mins/texts, free BT sport (never use it) and roaming in 5 additional countries (USA, Australia, Mexico, New Zealand and Canada, only used this once when I went to Mexico)

I have been out of contract since January and just looking around. I see Three offer 12GB for £15 but wasn't sure on their coverage and customer service. Then there is Sky offering 10GB for £10 but lack of non-EU roaming.

Is EE really the best for coverage? Not that I have had any issues with them.
  • luvchocolate
    Options
    Dothay wrote: »
    Just Called my current provider ee for a sim only deal . They quoted £16 p.m. for 1 GB unlimited call & texts. I reported the best deals from this post that matched my needs and they dropped it to £8 p.m. with an extra 1 GB. Well pleased. Thanks MSE

That the deal I got suits me perfect
  • YvonneSP
    Options
    DarkosCY wrote: »
    Tried to get the Vodafone 5GB deal from mobiles.co.uk, and they're claiming the application was rejected by Vodafone. Called Vodafone, and all they could see was a prospective account with nothing sent and nothing rejected.

Told the 'smart phone people' to try again, and they yet again claim Vodafone is rejecting it, and tried to sell me a different deal.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Yes. I think the so-called "offer" is just a gimmick and cunning way for advertisement and to get our personal details for future spam e-mail/advertising.
    I too applied and was told that I failed credit check. Question is how can i fail credit check for £6.67 payment per month when I can easily get £3k credit credit limit with any credit card company ? I have had almost 20 years of subscription to mobile phone contract for up to £30 per month and had not had any problem with approval of payment.
    So I know for sure this is definitely not credit check issue although I did get a copy of Experian report to be certain and i have very high score - just to prove this !!
  • YvonneSP
    Options
    Yes. I think the so-called "offer" is just a gimmick and cunning way for advertisement and to get our personal details for future spam e-mail/advertising.
    I too applied and was told that I failed credit check. Question is how can i fail credit check for £6.67 payment per month when I can easily get £3k credit credit limit with any credit card company ? I have had almost 20 years of subscription to mobile phone contract for up to £30 per month and had not had any problem with approval of payment.
    So I know for sure this is definitely not credit check issue although I did get a copy of Experian report to be certain and i have very high score - just to prove this !!
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    YvonneSP wrote: »

You know you have posted it twice ?
  • kellyp
    kellyp Posts: 181 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can anyone offer advice on negotiating with EE? I’m a loyal customer and been with them 10 years and basically need 4GB of data. Currently paying £11 and all they would offer me is 6GB for £10/month. I know that’s not bad but I don’t actually need 6GB and would prefer a lower price with less data. I quoted a few deals that are around but they wouldn’t budge and then just sent me my PAC code! ��. I’ve good coverage with EE and reluctant to change! Should I phone retentions again?
  • Margaret_Skinner
    Options
    I’ve just bought an iPhone XR and have been looking round for a good SIM only deal - best one seems to be with iD at £5 a month which covers all I need. I’m currently with EE and I’m wondering if it’s worth contacting them to see if they will do me a similar deal to stay with them - I haven’t heard of them going down as far as that pricewise and wondered if I should bother?

Also if I decide to leave EE, when’s the best time to do it? I’ve just started a new month of my monthly charges - if I ask them for the PAC code once I get the new SIM and phone are they obliged to only charge me for the days I’ve used or would they charge me for the whole month? (I’m well out of contract).
    Marg :)
  • mrelectric
    mrelectric Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 30 September 2019 at 11:21AM
    Options
    I was unaware of the transfer problems and have now lost all incoming calls to my transferred number, 14 days later am still waiting for the problem to be resolved. Unless you need a new number avoid Plusnet Mobile, they are totally rubbish and unresponsive.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    mrelectric wrote: »
    I was unaware of the transfer problems and have now lost all incoming calls to my transferred number, 14 days later am still waiting for the problem to be resolved. Unless you need a new number avoid Plusnet Mobile, they are totally rubbish and unresponsive.

What transfer problems? I used to be with them and never had any issue with them and took my number in and back out again when I left.
  • mrelectric
    Options
    There are lots of people experiencing porting problems with Plusnet, you may want to alert readers to the possible issue of losing their ported mobile numbers.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback