Competitions you don't see any more (Nostalgia)

Comments

• Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I miss the 'Friday Tweets'.

I won one of those fish slices. I still have and use it :)

Blu XXX
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • xoxlauraxox
    xoxlauraxox Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    edited 12 August 2019 at 3:50PM
    There was one years ago where I think you had to search in a search engine and you could win John Lewis vouchers? I won thousands!

I loved Lush Pass The Parcel too

and anyone remember the Coca Cola ones... I can't remember what it was called now

I miss the old days it was great, I used to win loads from just general web comps but I don't at all now... social media wasn't all over the place then though
    Thanks to everyone that posts :T:money:
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    There's an advent that everyone always goes on about, Hunt the Haggis or something?

I don't think I've ever seen it so never knew what people were talking about.

Ah, The Haggis Hunt. The 'Ghillie' was called Farquar Farquarson.
    It was basically webcams round certain places in Scotland, and if a Haggis showed up (looked a bit like a hedgehog tbh), you have to click the link and you got entered in the draw. You also had to watch out for the Golden Haggis to win a big prize.
    It was a ton of fun. They did it at Christmas. I miss that one.
    There seems to be about 90% of the Twitter comps gone too. You could win a years supply of Tetley Tea and all kinds of good stuff.
    It's not half as good as what it used to be. :(

Social Media has spoilt it with all the sob stories, not to mention the same names winning all the time, then complaining when others have a bit of luck. Some people have gotten rather greedy and ruined it for others.

Be Lucky.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    The Briggs and Riley suitcase weekly comp lol.

Also won a fishslice! Yay! Should've framed it.

Obviously the Haggis!

There was a Friday Crunchie one for a while - you had to log in and fill out a form or something and when they all ran out, they ran out. Used to look forward to my Crunchie turning up lol.

There used to be a yearly giveaway. Think it may have been an email comp. You had to answer some questions about your hair type etc and they'd send you LOADS of stuff to try. I had a 'secret visit' to a hairdressers in London (City) as part of it, and lots of hair stuff to try (still using some of it lol!). (You had to leave reviews at the end.)

Erm, loads more I'm sure :)
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • Surfermom
    Surfermom Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    The May Glamour giveaways, the Pepsi and McVities ones where you had to enter barcodes.

Like many of us I used to win loads, there were so many good comps, in comparison there are very few good prizes these days.
  • Skilos
    Skilos Posts: 1,329 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Biscuiteers' instant win 'Spin the Ginger'. It went down for maintenance a year or so back and never returned.
  • Wonga - I won twice with them - £800 in total. Never had a loan!
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Surfermom wrote: »
    The May Glamour giveaways, the Pepsi and McVities ones where you had to enter barcodes.

Like many of us I used to win loads, there were so many good comps, in comparison there are very few good prizes these days.

Glamour giveaways, I had so many beauty treats from that, literally every may a few hundred pounds worth of make up and perfume! It was amazing!!!

Advents as they used to be, had about 5 years of a few thousand pounds worth of goodies, I wouldn't do my xmas shopping till week before xmas as they were so many prizes of quality to be had. Then along came Jan and the late drawn advent prizes would pour in........ different comping world back then x
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • rachelmc4
    rachelmc4 Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I used to like the Waterstones ones where you just had to give a review of the book if you won. I used to get quite a lot of new books from those
  • sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Blulu wrote: »
    I miss the 'Friday Tweets'.

I won one of those fish slices. I still have and use it :)

Blu XXX

You use it??!! ... Sacrilege!

Should be framed and living a nice life in a prominent place in your house.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure