Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 5:31 PM
    • 14,152Posts
    • 47,619Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 5:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 5:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 7:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Christmas Fund 208 No spend month?
Page 117
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 9th Sep 19, 8:25 AM
    • 4,749 Posts
    • 14,028 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    If you don't use it throw it out.

You will feel much better when it's all lovely and organised.

Dxxx
    DF 2018 12,754.09 - PIF 30.11.18
    My Home Fund 2,200.00
    Goal Weight 2019 30lbs/91lbs
    I have 4 Nationwide Referrals left, PM me for 100 to switch accounts, link in 1-2 working days
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 10th Sep 19, 11:55 AM
    • 14,152 Posts
    • 47,619 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Work was crazy. I got home vvvvv late. Blood sugars were crackers all day. Steve rang me and I fell asleep on the phone

One of the ladies at work saw my lodger contract. I don't want people to know about him as I don't want her to tell a manager. There is a large element of schadenfreude in our establishment.

In my day off today I have decluttered the extra cutlery in the drawer and also my fridge drawers, vacuumed and mopped. This minimalism malarkey really makes you notice things. Dolly I was pretty ruthless.cool: But I still have a few maybe's in the drawer which I will re visit this later in the year.

Today the summer job have offered me a trip to Brighton this weekend (weather will be great!!!) and Oxford the following weekend. Although I will be tired it will be a lovely escape after work & I will earn 140 so I am jumping at the chance!!!

Thinking about next year I will try to make plans to visit the boys in the week so I can do weekend summer tours. The money is an extra but I do get to have free holiday trips to inspiring places that I love which keeps me fit and stops depression. I just hope Brexit doesn't force the school to move to Ireland as they fear.

My ebay purse has not arrived at the lovely seller's house. I rang the Post Office and if it hasn't arrived by 17/9 they will start a refund process. What a shame. I have lost the purse and the lady will get her money back but I don't know if I will get anything???? We shall see next week.

I signed up for the 5GB data on mobile phone for 7.50 a month with Vodaphone. I forgot to enter the MSE code or I would have it for 6.67!! I don't mind. Half of the week to go...…. I will be good, I will be good......
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 10-09-2019 at 8:42 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 13th Sep 19, 3:50 PM
    • 14,152 Posts
    • 47,619 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hurrah, in total I spent less than 8 at work this week.

I haven't bought any food either and made do with what was in the house

I have 50 cash left for fun and food till end of month!!!!

I am in Brighton tour guiding tomorrow. Hoping to have a great day.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 13th Sep 19, 4:30 PM
    • 3,669 Posts
    • 19,327 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Have a lovely trip to Brighton SW !! The weather is meant to be good
    Sorry to hear about your ebay purse. Hope you get your money from Royal Mail ? If you have proof of postage it should be insured ?

Yay to new mobile sim
    Last edited by Skint yet Again; 13-09-2019 at 4:36 PM.
    Balance 0% credit card 1360 698
    0% Car Loan 7500 balance to pay 1/10/19 160 1/11/19 160 1/12/19 160 finishes 1/1/2020 140.
    Emergency fund 100
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 13th Sep 19, 7:44 PM
    • 14,152 Posts
    • 47,619 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Yes Royal Mail said they would start the refund process on Monday but the sellers just emailed me to say it has finally arrived. Hurrah. Hurrah Hurrah.

One less thing to worry about. I am so excited about Brighton it's like having a treat, not like work at all. I hope I lose some of the cake and crisps I have been eating off my hips. If I get the chance I am going to see if I can find anything in any of the charity shops but knowing me I will just chill on the beach. lol.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 15th Sep 19, 7:14 AM
    • 14,152 Posts
    • 47,619 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Brighton was fantastic with the lovely warm weather. I am so blessed to have such a nice job. I get paid to visit and inform people about nice places. In my free time I visited some charity shops to see what they were like. I did buy a ladybird book for 1 called 'The Midlife Crisis' which is sooo funny. It was mostly hippy clothing but the staff were so nice and I felt welcome. Next time though I will enjoy the beach as it would have been more relaxing. The students and teacher did enjoy themselves I am v glad to say. In total I did 20,000 steps.

I spent 7.50 on a takeaway as I didn't get home till 8pm due to travel delays on trains. It wasn't even that tasty. OMG I remember when it used to be 2.50??? (total spend for day 13 including book, 5bus fare and takeaway)

I am down to my last 50 of cash (but do have 50 excess in bank) and to keep costs down I am not doing a food shop today. I will make do with what is in the freezer and do a food shop on Tuesday when I have to buy a bus ticket to go on a course to another town.

Jobs for today maybe I am being ambitious?:
    • Fill in markbook with student names for each subject
    • Wash whites
    • Declutter the medicine drawers
    • Start ironing outside in glorious weather I have done 8/11 items so far

I am really looking forward to next weekend as I love Oxford. I will try to take food with me in case we are delayed again. The week after my parents are coming. OMG then it's payday. Hurrah. I wont be broke next month as there is little to nothing on my credit card bill this month.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 15-09-2019 at 4:28 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 16th Sep 19, 6:55 PM
    • 14,152 Posts
    • 47,619 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I bought some sandwiches at work today as I didn't have anything much in the house. 3.60!!!!

Tomorrow I am going on a course and will do a food shop on the way back.

My boss has told me they are giving me a temporary rise as I have increased my work hours slightly. We shall see how much I get? We shall see.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 16-09-2019 at 7:02 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 17th Sep 19, 9:04 AM
    • 14,152 Posts
    • 47,619 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hurrah the weather is glorious and it is my day off. I have decluttered my spice cupboard this morning. It took about 10 mins & was cathartic! I've also done some admin for work and some decluttering in the living room.

I have to go to a course which lasts all afternoon then I will do a food shop. I bought 40 worth of food and also house things. I don't mind as I didn't buy any food last week. Taxi fare was 12 in total.

I'm feeling chilled I hope it lasts.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 17-09-2019 at 6:31 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Sep 19, 4:39 PM
    • 14,152 Posts
    • 47,619 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Today was a NSD. My buyer came to collect my carboot clothes rail. 20 made for savings & I have 20 cash till the end of the month!

V little left in bank balance so I have to be good. lol.
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 18th Sep 19, 8:21 PM
    • 5,179 Posts
    • 44,359 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Yay to coming to my neck of the woods, I'm just down the road from Oxford (and used to live just outside Brighton, small world eh?!?) I'm not a crazy stalker, honest guv!

KW and I are going to the Sheldonian on Saturday night to see an orchestra, yay
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 20th Sep 19, 1:16 PM
    • 3,669 Posts
    • 19,327 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Hope you enjoy oxford SW, the weather forecast is good for Saturday.

Enjoy the sun while it lasts as Sunday is forecast wet and cold.

Hope your pay rise got sorted !
    Balance 0% credit card 1360 698
    0% Car Loan 7500 balance to pay 1/10/19 160 1/11/19 160 1/12/19 160 finishes 1/1/2020 140.
    Emergency fund 100
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 20th Sep 19, 4:03 PM
    • 14,152 Posts
    • 47,619 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    hello Kittikins and Skinty,

Hurrah for the weekend.

Yes work sent me an official letter. They are giving me a pay rise of 90 a month till August and then I go back to normal salary in total I think it just under 900!!! I am not going to spend this it will be going directly into savings possibly for a retirement fund? I am v pleased with this and it has been a real surprise.

I am looking forward to Oxford we will be walking past the Sheldonian but will have left the city by 4.30pm. lol. I'm hoping it will be a good day but will involve lots of walking. I think the temperature is forecasted to be 24 degrees!

I am hoping I get paid on Friday instead of Monday 30th September as I have 40 cash to my name and will spend some of it on travel to work tomorrow. lol. I have not spent anything today. I am trying to do a clothes wash before it gets dark as the weather is glorious here.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,189Posts Today

5,985Users online

Martin's Twitter