Discuss the Vodafone Warning guide

Options
Former_MSE_Nick
Former_MSE_Nick Posts: 463 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
edited 7 June 2016 at 11:54PM in Mobiles
articlealert2_banner.gif

Hi all,

We've written a new Vodafone Warning guide and would love your feedback.

How did you get on with Vodafone? How did you find the information? Do you have any other tips you'd add?

Thanks for your help.

MSE Nick

Comments

• VickyMaynard
    Options
    Interestingly enough, after reading this, I tried to log in to the Vodafone site to check my bill, but it is now "Sorry, we're making a few tweaks. We'll be back soon.". Let's see what happens next.....
  • Orange_wasps
    Options
    If you have a smart Phone, download the Vodafone app. It keeps score of your usage against allowance, and tells you what your next bill will be. You can do this at any point through the month, assuming you are on a pay monthly account. Then, if you spot any errors, you can get in touch straight away.
  • emp18
    emp18 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    I made the mistake of upgrading one of my family's four Vodafones at the beginning of February, since when my account has been in chaos.

The April 6th 2016 edition of the Daily Mail carried an article by Alisha Rouse entitled "Meltdown at Vodafone" which tells similar stories to my own. I can't provide a link here but you can search "Meltdown at Vodafone" then select the thisismoney.co.uk link.

At one stage my account showed that I had sent more than 70 trillion (yes, trillion) text messages in a three week period. Fortunately, like most people, I have "unlimited free texts" so this didn't affect my bill for the month which was incorrect anyway.

I am no further forward after four months.
  • AmySquash
    AmySquash Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    When I log onto my vodafone account I can only see the last 6 months bills, if I contact vodafone, are they obliged to provide me with paper copies if I request them?
  • MrChips
    MrChips Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My wife has a 500MB data allowance on her tariff. However on at least a couple of occasions she's been charged £6.50 for going over this in spite of Vodafone's own itemised invoice clearly showing she hasn't. After half an hour on their webchat service we got these refunded. However it doesn't inspire confidence in their billing and we had to ask them to send us copies of historic invoices so we could double check how long it's been going on as they only include six months of history on the online account (which is also rather poor in my opinion - should be 12 months at least).
    If I had a pound for every time I didn't play the lottery...
  • jtych1
    jtych1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Thank-you for at last, bringing to everyone's attention the underhand, illegal way Vodafone are behaving with their phone contracts. I have a contract with Vodafone (regrettably) for use by my Son where after only 2 weeks the phone was cut off due to an administration payment error their end, I could not get through to customer services on the phone at all, the only way to communicate was through an on-line thread which was useless.
    2 months ago, I noticed my DD through my internet banking had increased by £7.00 per month, I had to go through the rigmarole of customer services again, to be told that I had agreed by a text!! to increase my monthly contract from £22.00 to £29.00 which I had not in anyway agreed to and neither had my Son who was using the phone. Vodafone agreed as a 'good will' gesture to revert my contract back to the agreed £22.00 p/month after eventually getting through to customer services. I have also reported this particular issue to the financial ombudsmen and raised a complaint on resolver which after 2 months has still not been responded to, in how and why Vodafone were allowed to adjust my contract so easily without my permission.
  • JASTA1966_2
    Options
    My wife has been with Vodafone for many years and, until last year all was fine. As her contract expired she took out a new contract via CPW back with Vodafone which then required her to port her number back to Vodafone. In short the porting failed several times over a month leading us to cancel the porting altogether and use the new number provided. Some days later, while out, I had a call from a family member to say they could not contact my wife - only to find the porting had now taken place - but sadly she could now only make calls and could not receive them / no texts in or out / no data whatsoever. Her profile had been corrupted. Although we understand this can happen and is not entirely down to Vodafone, over the coming weeks we battled with Vodafone to fix the problem over the phone / online / in store and came across many helpful people who actually all promised much, but did nothing. After researching the problem ourselves we decided to sacrifice a Saturday morning camping out in a Vodafone store until the problem was fixed. After 3 hours of hard slog I got them to agree to cancel the SIM and replace with a new number with which we would continue the contract. This was done immediately and we left happy.....or so we thought. Over the coming months we received bills showing 2 live numbers and charging us for both. Again we spent many months calling / online chat / visiting the store (who advised billing issues must be handled over the phone/online - convenient). Every time we called we were told it was fixed and the bill was actually corrected, but the following month they would get it wrong again - charging for both numbers. At that point we threatened to cancel and contact the ombudsman and eventually we found one person who knew what they were doing and they corrected the problem - there were several markers on the account for the old number on their system, most were changed except for one - and this was the reason it kept popping up. They agreed to remove the old line from our bill six months ago and this happened immediately !!! Must be happy now I hear you say? Sadly not, since this point every bill we have received has now been for zero - it appears although the live account is showing correctly they are not charging us at all. We have called / contacted them many times but have now given up. We sent a final letter by recorded delivery (delivered 10th March and receipt retained) advising that if they did not respond we would continue to enjoy free mobile usage at their expense. Still nothing - and although we put the bill value to one side every month should they suddenly try to take us to court (IF THEY DARE) so we can settle it immediately - we intend to move elsewhere as soon as this contract ends. The stress has been unbearable for what should be such a simple purchase. Really poor performance from such a big company - should be ashamed of themselves.
  • mel48rose
    mel48rose Posts: 513 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    emp18 wrote: »
    I made the mistake of upgrading one of my family's four Vodafones at the beginning of February, since when my account has been in chaos.

The April 6th 2016 edition of the Daily Mail carried an article by Alisha Rouse entitled "Meltdown at Vodafone" which tells similar stories to my own. I can't provide a link here but you can search "Meltdown at Vodafone" then select the thisismoney.co.uk link.

At one stage my account showed that I had sent more than 70 trillion (yes, trillion) text messages in a three week period. Fortunately, like most people, I have "unlimited free texts" so this didn't affect my bill for the month which was incorrect anyway.

I am no further forward after four months.

We too have the family pack and have been having problems every month!! If we could find a similar pack with another provider we would leave Vodafone, nowt but stress
    If you change nothing, nothing will change!!
  • Jessamine89
    Options
    Hi everyone - my opinion as a loyal Vodafone customer of approx 10 years is if I could I would change provider immediately, such is how my trust in their ability to provide even acceptable customer service and accurate billing has diminished.

A quick summary...

Upgraded online in January. There were a catalogue of issues even with the administration of this (phone being available to correct, incorrect salutation on my account, turning out to be fine etc etc etc) but I got the phone.

My billing was incorrect immediately:
    - Incorrect tariff
    - Insurance added although I had asked it wasn't (and live chat evidence to prove this)
    - Data packages I had removed previously were there
    - Being charged for Spotify although it was supposedly free for first 6 months
    etc etc etc.

I contacted through Live Chat to resolve, and it became clear that there were no follow ups to this customer service. I wrote a letter, found a thread on MSE forums with a good accessible email address, and sent i in post and online. This was a five page letter of complaint detailing 7 issues.

I was happy with the complaint customer service and the compensation/correction I was awarded.

However, immediately after this my bill was incorrect again! I tried contacting the same person with no success.

Three months on, no one has responded or qualified my second complaint. New letter going in the post tomorrow.
  • J1gg4M4n
    J1gg4M4n Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 8 June 2016 at 11:58PM
    Options
    The sagas of Vodabone.

I signed up Feb 2015 (should I have done my research). I am entitled to 20% discount through work so made the deal even better.

All was going fine until my bill in May 2016. The Vodafone app was showing an extra £6 of charges. I queried with customer service and the advisor was adamant there were no extra charges on my account. I made it clear I am entitled to 20% discount, she insisted all was well.

When I got the email to view my bill, it was 38% higher at £72 when I normall pay £52 for my package after discount.

First contact, the advisor stated my discount had been removed. However, it was confirmed this was not the case. The same advisor confirmed my bill would be sent for re-calculation. What's to re-calculate as Vodabone clearly screwed up my bill. Imagine my face when told if the re-calculation is not done before the direct debit is taken, it will be for the full amount although incorrect.

I had made no chargeable calls and 1 text message to a relative abroad. After 5 days I made contact again to be told nothing had been done since the last contact. This advisor insisted she had added the credit to my account which will show on the bill in June.

I am now waiting for the bill to be ready mid June. If they mess this one up, it's on!

I did not have this problem with Three. I left them as their quality of coverage had dropped at home and work due to technical issues. Three were not perfect but never did I have to worry about being over-charged.

Impatiently waiting for this contract to finish so I can tell Vodabone to jog on.

Steer clear of these cowboys.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport