Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PRAISETHESUN
    • By PRAISETHESUN 3rd Oct 18, 9:23 AM
    • 590Posts
    • 274Thanks
    PRAISETHESUN
    NatWest £125 switching bonus
    • 3rd Oct 18, 9:23 AM
    NatWest £125 switching bonus 3rd Oct 18 at 9:23 AM
    Just in case anyone is interested, NatWest has brought back their £125 switching bonus. It looks like it might be a while until it pays out (they state they'll pay by 8th Feb 2019!!!!!), but its open to new and existing customers who haven't had a switching bonus from NatWest/RBS before. T&Cs below:

https://personal.natwest.com/personal/current_accounts.html#SwitchNW

Doesn't look like there are any requirements for DDs, just make a pay in of £1500 (can be in multiple payments) and log into online banking before 7th Feb 2019.

Last edited by PRAISETHESUN; 04-10-2018 at 11:46 AM.
Page 3
    • ParkingVictim87
    • By ParkingVictim87 28th Nov 18, 5:35 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ParkingVictim87
    Hi everyone.

I want to take advantage of this NatWest offer. However, because I will be leaving First direct I will be eligible for £100 "leaving gift" as I'm not happy with the service.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get both of these deals by carrying out the move? I'm thinking it may not be as First Direct would need to initiate the 'leave'.

Thanks
    Chris
    • PRAISETHESUN
    • By PRAISETHESUN 29th Nov 18, 9:19 AM
    • 590 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    PRAISETHESUN
    Hi everyone.

I want to take advantage of this NatWest offer. However, because I will be leaving First direct I will be eligible for £100 "leaving gift" as I'm not happy with the service.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get both of these deals by carrying out the move? I'm thinking it may not be as First Direct would need to initiate the 'leave'.

Thanks
    Chris
    Originally posted by ParkingVictim87
    I haven't had any personal experience with FD, but from what I've read you need to talk to FD customer service and tell them you are "dissatisfied" and will be switching away - no need for them to initiate anything, so I suspect you should be able to take advantage of the switch offer this way. Personally, I'd consider staying with FD just for the 5% regular saver if nothing else...
    • Tawny_Owl
    • By Tawny_Owl 30th Nov 18, 1:00 AM
    • 44 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Tawny_Owl
    You have to take a selfie
    I thought I'd switch my RBS current account to NatWest.
    I've already carpetbagged £100 by switching TO RBS earlier this year, and NatWest told me that switching from RBS would still qualify for the £125 even though their parent companies are the same.

However, RBS outsource another company to check your ID (called HooYu or something ?) Not only does this company want you to upload a photo ID document (eg. Passport or Driving Licence) but they want you to upload a selfie as well.

Sorry....this is going a bit too far. There's enough public data available to NatWest, and they should be able to share data with RBS because they're the same bloody company.

Yes, security is very important but personal photographs to me are too intrusive just to open a bank account.

So I'm gonna give this one a miss and switch to Halifax instead, whom I already have a cash ISA with.
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 30th Nov 18, 10:54 AM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 1,642 Thanks
    Cotta
    I'm weighing up my option at present, Natwest, RBS or M&S will be my next account, Natwest might edge it as it is the easiest.
    • PRAISETHESUN
    • By PRAISETHESUN 30th Nov 18, 11:39 AM
    • 590 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    PRAISETHESUN
    I'm weighing up my option at present, Natwest, RBS or M&S will be my next account, Natwest might edge it as it is the easiest.
    Originally posted by Cotta
    Switching incentive ends on 03 Dec, so you might want to be quick then!
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 30th Nov 18, 12:04 PM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 1,642 Thanks
    Cotta
    Originally posted by PRAISETHESUN
    Which one?
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 30th Nov 18, 12:23 PM
    • 9,069 Posts
    • 10,492 Thanks
    eskbanker
    Originally posted by PRAISETHESUN
    Which one?
    Originally posted by Cotta
    The one you said you were leaning towards:
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts/#natwestswitch
    • JuicyJesus
    • By JuicyJesus 30th Nov 18, 5:25 PM
    • 3,386 Posts
    • 3,808 Thanks
    JuicyJesus
    Yes, security is very important but personal photographs to me are too intrusive just to open a bank account.
    Originally posted by Tawny_Owl
    What do you think is on your passport.....?
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
    • Ryan1994
    • By Ryan1994 30th Nov 18, 10:54 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ryan1994
    Hi,

I completed the application for rbs select account on Wed 28th using an old nationwide account for the switch. They emailed and texted today wanting me to upload pics of either my driving licence or passport and e-sign the agreement which I completed tonight. I know the deadline is the 3rd of December for the incentive, my account most likely wonít have switched over by then as the process only began once my docs were uploaded, if it passes the 3rd of December will I still be eligible for the incentive as I completed the application prior to the deadline?

Thanks
    Ryan
    • Ed-1
    • By Ed-1 30th Nov 18, 11:13 PM
    • 2,462 Posts
    • 1,290 Thanks
    Ed-1
    Hi,

I completed the application for rbs select account on Wed 28th using an old nationwide account for the switch. They emailed and texted today wanting me to upload pics of either my driving licence or passport and e-sign the agreement which I completed tonight. I know the deadline is the 3rd of December for the incentive, my account most likely wonít have switched over by then as the process only began once my docs were uploaded, if it passes the 3rd of December will I still be eligible for the incentive as I completed the application prior to the deadline?

Thanks
    Ryan
    Originally posted by Ryan1994
    Yes you only need to have applied for the account by 3rd December. The other criteria need to be completed by 7th January.
    • Ryan1994
    • By Ryan1994 30th Nov 18, 11:26 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ryan1994
    Thanks Ed-1!

First time switching like this, thought it was worth it for a free £125! Hopefully they donít need me to attend a branch, as I live in Northern Ireland
    • clivep
    • By clivep 1st Dec 18, 3:59 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 189 Thanks
    clivep
    I've already carpetbagged £100 by switching TO RBS earlier this year, and NatWest told me that switching from RBS would still qualify for the £125 even though their parent companies are the same.
    Originally posted by Tawny_Owl

Who at NatWest told you this?

According to the MSE Best Banking accounts thread:
    "Who's eligible for offer: New and existing customers who switch from another bank, as long as you haven't received cash from NatWest or RBS for switching since Oct 2017".

NatWest switcher offer terms:
    "You won’t be eligible for this offer if you’ve already taken advantage of a cash offer from NW and/or Royal Bank of Scotland plc (‘RBS’) between October 2017 and October 2018 for (i) opening a new current account and switching to NW/RBS or (ii) upgrading your existing NW/RBS current account".
    Last edited by clivep; 01-12-2018 at 4:03 PM.
    • frankie
    • By frankie 2nd Dec 18, 4:04 PM
    • 717 Posts
    • 280 Thanks
    frankie
    So, I have done the switch to NatWest select account and passed all the hoops and my account is running. I have deposited the required £1500 a few days back.

Can I now take out the £1500 and still be eligible for the £125 'reward'?
    • Ed-1
    • By Ed-1 2nd Dec 18, 5:54 PM
    • 2,462 Posts
    • 1,290 Thanks
    Ed-1
    So, I have done the switch to NatWest select account and passed all the hoops and my account is running. I have deposited the required £1500 a few days back.

Can I now take out the £1500 and still be eligible for the £125 'reward'?
    Originally posted by frankie
    Yes.........
    • Tawny_Owl
    • By Tawny_Owl 11th Dec 18, 9:49 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Tawny_Owl
    2 photos required
    What do you think is on your passport.....?
    Originally posted by JuicyJesus
    They want you to upload your passport AND a selfie.

As I said, most other banks/building societies can verify your ID by just quoting your Passport number. NatWest want you to fart around with photos.
    • Tawny_Owl
    • By Tawny_Owl 11th Dec 18, 10:47 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Tawny_Owl
    According to their call centre
    Who at NatWest told you this?

According to the MSE Best Banking accounts thread:
    "Who's eligible for offer: New and existing customers who switch from another bank, as long as you haven't received cash from NatWest or RBS for switching since Oct 2017".

NatWest switcher offer terms:
    "You wonít be eligible for this offer if youíve already taken advantage of a cash offer from NW and/or Royal Bank of Scotland plc (ĎRBSí) between October 2017 and October 2018 for (i) opening a new current account and switching to NW/RBS or (ii) upgrading your existing NW/RBS current account".
    Originally posted by clivep
    When I phoned their call centre, they definitely told me that the £125 was payable when switching from RBS. Maybe I had the unfortunate luck to speak to an office junior.

I once had a NatWest current account in the 1980s but closed it because they lied to me. Seems nothing's changed in 30+ years.
    • Giramondo
    • By Giramondo 11th Jan 19, 2:56 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Giramondo
    The switching incentive is now £150.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 11th Jan 19, 3:01 PM
    • 9,069 Posts
    • 10,492 Thanks
    eskbanker
    The switching incentive is now £150.
    Originally posted by Giramondo
    ....which resulted in a new thread being started to discuss the current offer: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5946949
    • Vet
    • By Vet 11th Jan 19, 4:08 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Vet
    REMEMBER to deposit the £1500 AFTER the switch - YB caught me out on this with their £250 switch offer last year.
    • JuicyJesus
    • By JuicyJesus 17th Jan 19, 2:46 PM
    • 3,386 Posts
    • 3,808 Thanks
    JuicyJesus
    Out of interest, has anyone received their £125 yet? I've had £1,500 go through the account already and the switch in is complete, I don't know if I have to hang on until February (which all told I'm fine with) or if there's a possibility it'll come through quicker.
    Originally posted by JuicyJesus
    Same question again I guess... the £1,500 had to go through by the 7th January so hopefully this was sufficient!
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

692Posts Today

6,151Users online

Martin's Twitter