Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • torbrex
    • By torbrex 17th Jan 16, 10:59 AM
    • 61,883Posts
    • 124,626Thanks
    torbrex
    0 WOW
    Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*
    • 17th Jan 16, 10:59 AM
    0 WOW
    Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please* 17th Jan 16 at 10:59 AM
    The old thread can be found here.

Please use this new thread to report any good finds in the Discount stores Aldi & Lidl.
    You can also report any not so good deals as a warning to others.

The Stollen bites and other xmas food was being given away FREE in my local Lidl this morning, plenty left and they want it shifted by next week.
Page 128
    • nuatha
    • By nuatha 23rd Dec 18, 8:07 PM
    • 1,930 Posts
    • 23,655 Thanks
    nuatha
    Has anyone ever found tinned pineapple in Lidl ?
    Originally posted by PLRFD
    Bottom right of the section, a 340g tin at 89p
    (at least that seems to be the location locally)
    • quoia
    • By quoia 24th Dec 18, 3:39 PM
    • 13,171 Posts
    • 141,604 Thanks
    quoia
    I know it's off topic, sorry mods

Aldi will be donating all unsold fresh food to charity on Christmas Eve

Well done Aldi.
    Originally posted by charlies_mum
    Which translates into ...........

NO REDUCED PRICED TURKEYS TODAY !!!!!!

My local had about 20-odd Turkeys of various sizes about 1pm.

Despite nearly all of the fruit, vegetables, bakery products et al, having red 50% stickers on anything dated 26th Dec or earlier, the turkeys (all also 26th) were still full price.
    There were also some other Xmas meat joints, gammon etc similarly sans red label.

I enquired if they knew what time they might reduce the turkeys and was told ....

"We are not reducing ANY of the Xmas meat products this year at all"
    I said "Just this store?"
    "No, it's nationwide" was the reply.

So don't make a special journey thinking you'll be picking up a cheap one

Merry Xmas

There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 24th Dec 18, 4:31 PM
    • 6,815 Posts
    • 19,699 Thanks
    Doc N
    Which translates into ...........

NO REDUCED PRICED TURKEYS TODAY !!!!!!

My local had about 20-odd Turkeys of various sizes about 1pm.

Despite nearly all of the fruit, vegetables, bakery products et al, having red 50% stickers on anything dated 26th Dec or earlier, the turkeys (all also 26th) were still full price.
    There were also some other Xmas meat joints, gammon etc similarly sans red label.

I enquired if they knew what time they might reduce the turkeys and was told ....

"We are not reducing ANY of the Xmas meat products this year at all"
    I said "Just this store?"
    "No, it's nationwide" was the reply.

So don't make a special journey thinking you'll be picking up a cheap one

Merry Xmas

Originally posted by quoia
    Many posts on HUKD state otherwise. You picked the wrong store.

What happened about that “survey” you conned me into doing for you by the way?
    • robrymond
    • By robrymond 27th Dec 18, 7:01 AM
    • 575 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    robrymond
    My store had signs up everywhere stating all food dated 25th, 26th or 27th was half price. No Turkeys left though but this was 20 minutes before closing on Xmas Eve.
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 28th Dec 18, 8:24 AM
    • 2,376 Posts
    • 4,610 Thanks
    dlusman
    Some good reductions on Christmas chocolate/cakes /biscuits in Aldi at the moment ( on SELs so should be all stores )

Got some lovely chocolate covered Stollen bites - 79p for 300g . Best before March , so bought a few packets
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 30th Dec 18, 9:55 AM
    • 5,493 Posts
    • 18,387 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    A huge big UP to Lidl this morning

They have an open bag of coal on the packing shelf for customers to take a piece to use when 'first footing' supplied bags to put it in and tongs to lift it

Well Done Lidl (my local shop in Glenrothes anyway)
    • PLRFD
    • By PLRFD 30th Dec 18, 10:53 AM
    • 759 Posts
    • 776 Thanks
    PLRFD
    As a transgender Muslim lesbian gender neutral this blatant Christian tradition deeply offends me shame on you Lidl.
    • Stompa
    • By Stompa 30th Dec 18, 10:57 AM
    • 7,794 Posts
    • 3,825 Thanks
    Stompa
    ...to take a piece to use when 'first footing'...
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    I had to Google that.
    Stompa
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 30th Dec 18, 11:45 AM
    • 13,231 Posts
    • 10,290 Thanks
    fatbelly
    I had to Google that.
    Originally posted by Stompa
    It's a Scottish and Northern English thing.
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 8th Jan 19, 4:44 PM
    • 11,244 Posts
    • 12,053 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    We discussed a few pages back that Lidl had dropped Limescale Remover from it's small but effective cleaning range.

Well... it's back. Not the same product (different active ingredient), but it is a specific (and effective) product for limescale removal with a proper gel consistency and the expected blue colour.

It's in a traditional transparent blue bottle, and is cheaper than before (£1.49 for 500ml, compared to £1.78 IIRC).

All sorts of warnings on it, so label-reading recommended.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 10th Jan 19, 6:24 PM
    • 11,244 Posts
    • 12,053 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    Most of the remaining Christmas Cakes, Biscuits, etc. in my Aldi significantly reduced today:-

- Chocolate Truffles: 89p and 99p.
    - Iced Luxury Christmas Cake Bar: 59p
    - Pretzel Selection: 39p
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Clowance
    • By Clowance 11th Jan 19, 7:57 AM
    • 1,655 Posts
    • 1,139 Thanks
    Clowance
    in aldi also
    specially selected iced christmas cake £1.29, very nice
    Don't forget quidco/topcashback - I do!
    • PLRFD
    • By PLRFD 11th Jan 19, 9:59 AM
    • 759 Posts
    • 776 Thanks
    PLRFD
    Bottom right of the section, a 340g tin at 89p
    (at least that seems to be the location locally)
    Originally posted by nuatha
    Still zero pineapple in my local Lidl I look every time.
    • nuatha
    • By nuatha 11th Jan 19, 12:30 PM
    • 1,930 Posts
    • 23,655 Thanks
    nuatha
    It could be I'm the only one local who buys it, stock levels don't seem to vary that much. Wonder if they've actually had a stock shortage nationally and there's just the few local shops I visit with old stock
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 11th Jan 19, 1:31 PM
    • 27,361 Posts
    • 58,394 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Fresh is on Super-6 at Aldi atm so you may be better off with that.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • maman
    • By maman 11th Jan 19, 5:46 PM
    • 19,028 Posts
    • 113,937 Thanks
    maman
    We discussed a few pages back that Lidl had dropped Limescale Remover from it's small but effective cleaning range.

Well... it's back. Not the same product (different active ingredient), but it is a specific (and effective) product for limescale removal with a proper gel consistency and the expected blue colour.

It's in a traditional transparent blue bottle, and is cheaper than before (£1.49 for 500ml, compared to £1.78 IIRC).

All sorts of warnings on it, so label-reading recommended.
    Originally posted by Cornucopia

Thanks for this. It's time I took a trip to Lidl so that'll go on the list.

When it disappeared I turned to Viakal. I have both the spray and the bottle with a brush. neither are that good and don't smell as nice as the Lidl one used to.
    • maman
    • By maman 11th Jan 19, 5:56 PM
    • 19,028 Posts
    • 113,937 Thanks
    maman
    My Aldi was an absolute mess again this week.

I have four near me and this one is usually the best, well stocked and neat, but not today.

Last week I gave them the benefit of the doubt as I thought maybe deliveries had been held up by New year holiday but this week is no better.

Briefly, there were lots of vegetables out of stock also my favourite ham and cottage cheese, general mess in the store and fewer staff around.

I'm disinclined to patronise the other SMs (although I had to buy the missing veg in Sainsbury's). Not sure where I should raise it? I did comment to the guy on the checkout but he seemed as exasperated as me.
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 11th Jan 19, 6:02 PM
    • 2,376 Posts
    • 4,610 Thanks
    dlusman
    . Not sure where I should raise it? I did comment to the guy on the checkout but he seemed as exasperated as me.
    Originally posted by maman

https://customerservice.aldi.co.uk/contact

( and Select "store" in step 1 )
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 11th Jan 19, 11:31 PM
    • 27,361 Posts
    • 58,394 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I got lucky in Aldi this evening - I popped in hoping to get some RTC Chrimbo cake as it keeps forever, but instead I found my favourite everyday biscuits reduced to 41p/pack, and also yummy panettone (exp 31/01/19j for 99p. The best bit? The 70g bags of chocolate gold coins had come down to 15p, so I bought a load. (The time has come to teach my little niece some maths, and there is an inherent incentive in the gold coins. BOMDAS here we come ).
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • Eenymeeny
    • By Eenymeeny 12th Jan 19, 11:04 AM
    • 1,857 Posts
    • 6,813 Thanks
    Eenymeeny
    Has anyone else noticed that the original green W5 washing up liquid at Lidl doesn't seem as good as it used to be? I've used it for years but the most recent one that I bought seems to go 'flat' and grey very quickly. May have to go back to Fairy unless some one can recommend another product from Lidl?
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

657Posts Today

5,931Users online

Martin's Twitter