Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    archived user
    PC Gaming VS Console Gaming - What's your opinion
    • 10th Dec 18, 10:33 AM
    PC Gaming VS Console Gaming - What's your opinion 10th Dec 18 at 10:33 AM
    What do you think is the best type of gaming? Do you prefer PC gaming or Console gaming?

Here's the things to focus on

Do you agree that mouse control is better with pc gaming when it comes to first person shooters, think of how the mouse controls the gun so much better than a console controler

Then there's the entire genre of (MMORPG Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games where you need the keyboard controls to cast spells and to interact with the gameworld that I don't think consoles will ever be able to match

Then there's always going to be the overall graphics quality is going to be much higher on a computer
Page 4
    • matmidgley
    • By matmidgley 11th Jan 19, 1:27 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    matmidgley
    I just cant get into PC gaming, theirs too many variables and errors that could occur.

While i agree a mouse and a keyboard is the perfect set up for first person shooters, i just prefer being able to sit on the sofa, put a game in and it just work straight away.
    Originally posted by TubbyDown
    Errors such as?
    • Johnmcl7
    • By Johnmcl7 12th Jan 19, 1:32 AM
    • 2,532 Posts
    • 1,686 Thanks
    Johnmcl7
    I like console gaming more it's comfortable and much better graphics than PC.
    Originally posted by Teresasteele
    I'm not sure if that's a typo or trolling but console graphics are a long way behind PC graphics which is to be expected for the much lower price. Even the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X while capable of 4K resolutions are hobbled by their low performance CPU's.
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 12th Jan 19, 1:07 PM
    • 1,743 Posts
    • 457 Thanks
    Dandytf
    Very fortunate as my gaming build savings attempt is untouched after mot pass today, thought it had potential of reducing H2s.
    I'll continue until mid/late summer and possibly increase funds considerably.
    Been watching lots of YouTube vid's -maybe Ryzen could be an option though I'm not a Radeon fan as yet though no modern experience with gpu's.
    sc dmp 2012 13k Jan 2019 9880paid. 75%approx.
    Mid 2018 Help2save 50 uk pounds per month
    Mid 2018-Virgin Money E-saver V11 -n/a-t.b.c.
    • John Blaze
    • By John Blaze 13th Jan 19, 9:58 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    John Blaze
    A great PC always wins as it's more powerful and can be upgraded etc. For a casual gamer like me I could only go with a console, if your hardcore and have cash to burn PC wins I think.
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 14th Jan 19, 8:58 AM
    • 1,743 Posts
    • 457 Thanks
    Dandytf
    A great PC always wins as it's more powerful and can be upgraded etc. For a casual gamer like me I could only go with a console, if your hardcore and have cash to burn PC wins I think.
    Originally posted by John Blaze
    Please include old school techy painstakingly trying to save enough for a decent mid range cpu+gpu enabled p.c.
    sc dmp 2012 13k Jan 2019 9880paid. 75%approx.
    Mid 2018 Help2save 50 uk pounds per month
    Mid 2018-Virgin Money E-saver V11 -n/a-t.b.c.
    • smitt32
    • By smitt32 17th Jan 19, 9:48 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    smitt32
    Hi everyone. I prefer PC games. My favorite one is Battlefield 5. Of course, console games are good too, for example, I really like God of War.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

657Posts Today

5,931Users online

Martin's Twitter