Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Stupidquestions
    • By Stupidquestions 10th Jan 19, 8:28 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Stupidquestions
    Car insurance payment confusion
    • 10th Jan 19, 8:28 PM
    Car insurance payment confusion 10th Jan 19 at 8:28 PM
    I have 2 stupid questions about changing car insurers that I probably should know but I don't.

One : if I change insurers, can I take my no claims with me? So If I've acquired 1 years no claims as I haven't had an accident, can I take that with me to a different insurer? (I'm not talking about protecting my no claims as with my insurance I can't do that until year 3 apparently)

Two: changing insurers and payment. So I currently pay at the end of every month (30th)but would love to change it to the 1st of every month. My insurance doesn't end until the 6th February. Meaning I have to pay for January's insurance on the 30th, then if I change insurance and start a new year in Feb and want to start payments for the 1st, I have to pay again 1/2 days later on the first?

I can't see it working any other way.
Page 1
    • keith1950
    • By keith1950 11th Jan 19, 12:48 PM
    • 2,560 Posts
    • 1,156 Thanks
    keith1950
    • 11th Jan 19, 12:48 PM
    • 11th Jan 19, 12:48 PM
    If you are going to a different insurer and paying by installments you would normally pay a deposit ( covering the first and/or second months ) so you could select to pay the first "instalment" on the first of march !
    In relation to the other question just provide your proof of NCB to your new insurer.
    • keith1950
    • By keith1950 11th Jan 19, 12:53 PM
    • 2,560 Posts
    • 1,156 Thanks
    keith1950
    • 11th Jan 19, 12:53 PM
    • 11th Jan 19, 12:53 PM
    In addition....surely if you insurance ends 6th February your last payment would be in early January ? 🤔
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

716Posts Today

6,435Users online

Martin's Twitter