Iii

Options

Comments

• JenniferK
    JenniferK Posts: 264 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nocto wrote: »
    Thanks, looked like that was the case, but I wasn’t sure if I was missing something. I guess you also have to make sure that there’s cash in the account when the fees are due?

Though of course transferring to AJ Bell would solve the trust issue (god only knows what II will mess up next!), I’m now not sure they offer quite the service I’m after. I know it sounds petty, as it’s not hard to login occasionally to transfer cash in or out, but I want an account which can tick along unsupervised and pays out the dividends as soon as they receive them.

I might transfer to AJ Bell, going to have to think it over for a while.

Something that III didn't offer during my time although I believe they now do for dividends in excess of £25. I'm quite happy to have a monthly payment without having to check whether or not I've actually received the dividend due. At least with AJ Bell it hits my account on the dividend payment day.
  • frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

is there a problem viewing portfolio today, been trying for about an hour?

Maybe getting their IT bugs sorted out.
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Hi,

is there a problem viewing portfolio today, been trying for about an hour?

Maybe getting their IT bugs sorted out.

I have been trading today with no problems.
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    JenniferK wrote: »
    Something that III didn't offer during my time although I believe they now do for dividends in excess of £25. I'm quite happy to have a monthly payment without having to check whether or not I've actually received the dividend due. At least with AJ Bell it hits my account on the dividend payment day.

iii have supported automatic payout of dividends to a defined bank account for many years. It has worked very well for me.
  • virgin11
    virgin11 Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    Rang H/L had a good offer to return, anyone else done this.The last 11 months have been terrible having to check EVERYTHING this bunch do.Now have also to keep an eye on our bank account,had enough Also miss H/Ls trading page so simple to transfer funds,not selling and then buying.
  • Paulrm71
    Paulrm71 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    It appears that there is now a 'live chat' facility when logging on now. Doubt whether that will make chasing dividend payments any quicker though but i'll reserve judgement until I next moan to them at end of Feb.
  • JenniferK
    JenniferK Posts: 264 Forumite
    Options
    Paulrm71 wrote: »
    It appears that there is now a 'live chat' facility when logging on now. Doubt whether that will make chasing dividend payments any quicker though but i'll reserve judgement until I next moan to them at end of Feb.

I tried Live Chat but they wont deal with account issues as they claim that they cannot do security checks!! They tell you to telephone.
  • ozzage
    ozzage Posts: 518 Forumite
    Options
    virgin11 wrote: »
    Rang H/L had a good offer to return, anyone else done this.The last 11 months have been terrible having to check EVERYTHING this bunch do.Now have also to keep an eye on our bank account,had enough Also miss H/Ls trading page so simple to transfer funds,not selling and then buying.

I also contained HL wrt transferring back to them.

They made me an offer but it's uncapped (their original offer to keep me was better %-wise PLUS included a cap on the platform charge), which pretty much makes it out of the question as I will be paying substantially more and the gap will only widen as my portfolio grows.

Currently assessing AJ Bell...
  • ozzage
    ozzage Posts: 518 Forumite
    Options
    ozzage wrote: »
    Yep me too. Two monthly SIPP contributions taken from the company account on the 2nd Jan. No sign of a refund yet. What a joke!

Edit: Also typical that they don't preempt the inevitable complaints and notify people! No wonder they can't keep up with client communication.

They refunded my duplicated monthly contribution today. At least they managed to do the refund successfully.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    Options
    where can i see if iii have taken my fee from my SIPP?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure