Halfords Trade Card

Comments

• steveo3002
    steveo3002 Posts: 2,731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    is the card just one you flash to obtain the discount...or like a store credit card?
  • steveo3002 wrote: »
    is the card just one you flash to obtain the discount...or like a store credit card?

You show it to the parts man over the counter, he punches in the account number on his computer and then the discount comes up. You also get two invoices, one with the full price (to show to customers :D) and another with the reduced price.
  • steveo3002
    so you can still pay cash or whatever?

does it apply to paint and cleaning bits n bobs etc
    so you can still pay cash or whatever?

does it apply to paint and cleaning bits n bobs etc

Yeah, you take the parts or items you want to the parts desk (unless you are asking for specific parts over the counter). Hand over your trade card and ask how much, he will put the details in the computer and tell you you price. Not everything is discounted though, but its worth asking. He will will then print out the two invoices, you take them and the parts to the normal till and pay how you want, cash or credit card. Not sure about paint or cleaning stuff, but like I said it's worth asking.
  • ice_babe
    ice_babe Posts: 335 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    We didnt have to show any pay slips id ect to get a trade card, My oh works for Lotus and went in after work in his overalls, Manager came up to him and gave him a card, he didnt even ask!

Its brill, Batteries are half price too, and my car gets a full service for £20!
  • goldspanners
    goldspanners Posts: 5,910 Forumite
    ive been looking for this thread,couldnt find it.
    right an update on my story.
    i went to halfords during the week after work with working togs on and payslip in hand asked about trade card,the spotty teenager tried to look at me suspisiously as if to say why should you get one and after some terrifiying interogation and a long read through my payslip he produced a form for me to fill in and sign,then signed my card and that was that.
    really good discounts on car parts, tools and storage.
    ...work permit granted!
  • steveo3002
    any idea if paint/filler/waxoil etc is discounted?

do they actualy tell you whats covered and whats not, as i still wont shop there for full price items unless im forced to

proof of sigiture? so passport or driving license i guess?
  • steveo3002
    deleted ....
    any idea if paint/filler/waxoil etc is discounted?

do they actualy tell you whats covered and whats not, as i still wont shop there for full price items unless im forced to

proof of sigiture? so passport or driving license i guess?

there doesnt seem to be any real rules to the discounts,i would imagine body filler etc... is covered,you dont have to take your items straight to the check out,you take them to the parts counter,they then give you 2 reciepts,one which will have the original RRP,(for showing customers) and another which has your discount on it,if you are happy with the discount you should then take to the cash desk and purchase if you are happy with the price.

proof of signature will be ok as a driving liscence or a credit card or bank card.
    ...work permit granted!
  • a few things i have bought on my new trade card so far.

halfords flexi head ratchet spanners already reduced to £39.99 from £59.99 only got £2 saving on these (as they were already discounted)

and a set of glow plugs for a 1.9 diesel 206, RRP £29.99 trade price £18.08. not a bad discount,but i think this brings the prices into line with smaller motor factors,as im sure they would charge around £20 for them.
    still a bit of saving though,and halfords is always handy.
    ...work permit granted!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport