Pip Decision taking for ever

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone's in the same situation as me?
Basically my PIP claim started on 27/04/18
I had my F2F on 06/08/18
They received the report on 07/08/18 and said I should hear back within 4 weeks.
I've still not heard anything, I've called up 3 times and the past 3 weeks it's been with claim management so was told it shouldn't take long well that was almost 4 weeks ago now. My anxiety is killing me, I just want a decision!

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    LNiomi wrote: »
    Hello everyone just wondering if anyone's in the same situation as me?
    Basically my PIP claim started on 27/04/18
    I had my F2F on 06/08/18
    They received the report on 07/08/18 and said I should hear back within 4 weeks.
    I've still not heard anything, I've called up 3 times and the past 3 weeks it's been with claim management so was told it shouldn't take long well that was almost 4 weeks ago now. My anxiety is killing me, I just want a decision!
    Unfortunately, there's no timescales to decisions. The time they tell you is just a guide and nothing more.

Have you requested a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you? This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.

I know it's stressful, been there and done that but there's nothing more you can do until a decision's been made. I waited 6 weeks for my daughters decision. Some wait 2 weeks and others 8 weeks or more. Good luck.
  • Just ask for the PA4 report and you can see what the assessor said. I had to ask for mine twice to actually get it. Don't get too upset if there are misrepresentations in it, unfortunately, this is fairly par for the course.
  • From f2f assessment to decision (decision changed at MR) took 9 weeks for me.
    MORTGAGE COUNTDOWN

January 2018 £79,000
    January 2019 £70,000
    September 2019 £53,334
    November 2019 £48,000
    February 2021 £18,500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income