100 Day Challenge

Options

Comments

• poorandindenial
    Options
    Hi guys

I want to play too please

I am not going to buy...

-shoes (although am allowed to re-heel current ones, that shuld give me back about six pairs that are sitting in my cupboard)
    -handbags
    -clothes
    -cosmetics and toiletries (except one bottle of shampoo and one bottle of conditioner - have checked and should be OK apart from one bottle or each, even if I have to use some of the stuff I hate that is in my cupboard taking up space)
    -chocolate, crisps and cheese (will help me on the WW thread)
    -magazines (been creeping back in of late)
    -lunch at work (also been creeping back in, am allowing myself up to two bought lunches a month so that I can meet friends from time to time)

Phew, just a short list then (I really hope OH surprises me with a bar of chocolate at some point or I might cry)
    £34,547 (Dec 07); Current debt: £zilch (Debt free December 2010)
    Sealed Pot #389 (2010=£133)
  • Purpleroses
    Options
    ohh fab idea for a thread!

i'm not going to buy magazines and biscuits/cake. i had a massive clear out over the weekend and counted how much the huge pile of magazine i have cost me.... £75.20!!! what a waste of money!! i've just taken out a year subscrition to a mag via ipoints so that will do.
  • pandapaws
    pandapaws Posts: 2,119 Forumite
    Options
    For those cutting out the magazines, the Dennis publishing offers through Quidco can be quite good - you can actually make a profit on some of the subscriptions although you've got to be organised enough to cancel them before the full cost kicks in. So technically if it's not costing you anything, it's not buying it, is it?!

Also, WebUser (sounds geeky but actually quite interesting and aimed non-techie folk) is only 60p for 3 months worth of mags delivered, you can sign up on their website.

Good luck everyone. I think I've got it easy compared to some of the fasting you guys are doing!
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    hmmm.

I will give up buying toiletries. I am toying with the idea of giving up buying on Ebay? cos I do that a bit. thus destroying any profit from my selling. but it is good for Christmas presents.

yep toiletries and ebay me shopping given up.

I wonder if i could get all my presents in a 100 days. blimey I guess I am going to have to! (when did it get so close?)
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • purplefiona
    Options
    Piquant wrote: »
    I think I may well join in, brilliant idea!!

I have enough left overs, half used bottles of makeup and skincare stuff to last quite a while. I will have to buy shampoo, conditioner, soap and deodorant though, don't have a backlog of those and it's kinder to the general public if I smell clean :rotfl:

I reckon of I can buy a bottle of shampoo and one of conditioner that I can do 100 days without (deep breath)

toiletries
    shoes
    makeup
    clothes
    accessories
    books from Amazon (except for gifts)

next 100 day challenge will be doing without
    delivery pizza
    bought sandwiches
    pints n the pub

I cant do without: the chance to get beads n findings if i need them ( I make jewellery and sell it ) and probbly I will need a tube of moisturiser as my skins dry, but WILL use all I have before getting more.

Whew. its nice to share these challenges with others
    Creative idiot with a passion for spending
    Barclays £3100 and rising at mostly 0% Capital One £0
    overdraft £500 Student loan £4K
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You guys with your long lists must be made of willpower. I think I'll add chocolate to my list!! Seeing how my main feed of it comes from kitkats via my grandma I think I'll do alright! And as for the office chocs, they can have haribo.
  • magni
    magni Posts: 651 Forumite
    Options
    Well I have had a successful first day which was also an NSD:j Long may it continue.

It's great to have so many of you on board:D Not sure I could do the chocolate thing though:eek:

Those of you giving up magazines I get my magazine fix from free mags now. Asda, M&S (if you're an M&S cardholder), Boots and Tesco. They are all great. I hate spending money on mags now.
    100 Day Pot £13
    £2 coin saver #205 £40 banked and £22
    Weekly Spend
    June NSD 9/10 DFW Nerd 54
  • Cinny91
    Options
    And there's Dare magazine from superdrug! I'm doing alright so far. Had a craving for smarties this morning but I was on my vespa so I didn't have time to stop on the way to work.
    I stepped up my facial wash rountine and started drinking more water so I wont have have as much need for concealer ect.
  • lisa_martin_2
    Options
    I would like to join in too. My biggest downfall in my life is CRISPS I am totally addicted to them and can eat quite alot of bags in a day. Oh and I would love to give up on snacking too. I started this yesterday had a very good first day. No crisps or Snacking. YAYYYYY ME!!!!!.

So here goes - Giving up crisps and snacking for 100 days. (ohhh I am scared now as I have made it "official"

Roll on Dec 23rd!

Good luck everyone, heres to a successfull 100 days!

Lisa.
    :p
  • Cinny91
    Options
    Good luck Lisa!! Could you take up a hobby, like knitting or something that keeps your hands busy? I read once that doing something like that stops you from snacking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure