Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Comments

• Mr_Benn
    Mr_Benn Posts: 307 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi ..Newbie alert :D

Ive read all the opening notes, but Im still unsure if I have to register as 'self employed', if Im already fully employed by a Company ?

Thanks.
  • Do your company employ you to do mystery shopping? If not, you are self-employed for those earnings and need to register as such.
  • Mr_Benn wrote: »
    Hi ..Newbie alert :D

Ive read all the opening notes, but Im still unsure if I have to register as 'self employed', if Im already fully employed by a Company ?

Thanks.

Yes, you should register as self-employed. Some of the companies will even ask for your UTR number (which you get when you register). Companies generally state in their terms that you must be registered as self employed.
  • Anyone know where the cinema assignments have moved to? They seem to have disappeared from where I used to do a lot!!
  • Hi haven’t been here for awhile but could anyone advise how to fill in the tax return because there only seems to be boxes for employers but nothing for self employed whereas I’m sure it was easier last year.

Thanks
  • spendaholic
    spendaholic Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've just joined 2 mystery shopper organisations and one of them already seems to have 4 gigs for me next week. I'd be interested to see how others are getting along.
    missymouse wrote: »
    Hi haven’t been here for awhile but could anyone advise how to fill in the tax return because there only seems to be boxes for employers but nothing for self employed whereas I’m sure it was easier last year.

I'm already self-employed, so I'll just add this to my usual tax return. I will say, though, that I thought we had to ask our tax office to send us self-employment forms as well as employment forms. But I'm going back to the days of a massive, pages-long tax return that covered pretty much everything. I'm not sure if you have to ask for the self-employment forms now as I get mine automatically. But worth a go.
    spendy/she/her ***DEBT-FREE DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2022!*** Highest debt: £35k (2006) MY WINS: £3,541 CASH; £149 Specsavers voucher; free eye test; goody bag from Scottish Book Trust; tickets to Grand Designs Live; 2-year access to Feel Amazing App (worth £100); Home Improvement & Renovation Show tickets; £50 to spend on chocolate; Harlem Globetrotters tickets; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Guardians of the Galaxy goody bag; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets
  • whitelabel
    whitelabel Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    I've just joined 2 mystery shopper organisations and one of them already seems to have 4 gigs for me next week. I'd be interested to see how others are getting along.

I'm already self-employed, so I'll just add this to my usual tax return. I will say, though, that I thought we had to ask our tax office to send us self-employment forms as well as employment forms. But I'm going back to the days of a massive, pages-long tax return that covered pretty much everything. I'm not sure if you have to ask for the self-employment forms now as I get mine automatically. But worth a go.

I do all all mine online
  • Thanks,

Yes I usually do mine online but this year it only seems to be interested if your turnover is over £1000 so what happens if you haven’t mate that match.

I have done tax returns before online and I don’t remember this. Could anyone throw any light on this
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Can anyone tell me if the company offering website reviews, with/without ordering/returning goods is still operating? It started with an e........ Can't find it online but I think there was a weird log in!

Thanks
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Some remaining Coffee shops with a fee and reimbursement in Oxford and throughout London on Mystery Customer Evaluations.
    Login here: shopper.mysterycustomerevaluations.com if you’re not one of our team yet, join us here: http://apply.mysterycustomerevaluations.com
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback