Santander Balance Transfer Speed?

2»

Comments

• Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 8 October 2018 at 5:34PM
    Just to update on this - I have just applied for a Santander Everyday Credit Card (I know, I know, I said I was giving up Stoozing, but the temptation was just too great!).

Immediately after completing the application, I received the Welcome email, logged back into Online Banking (it had timed-out while I was applying) and the account was there (with a useful credit limit too!)

Requested a small Balance Transfer straight away, and it was accepted with no suggestion that it would be deferred until after I had activated the card.

Edit: And within hours, the available credit has updated on the 'source' card.
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    so you only went for a small BT,
    why, If it didn't work you lose what !

now you have to do it again, always think of MAX
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    It'll be full up soon enough.
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 30 September 2020 at 10:37AM
    Just to update on this - I have just applied for a Santander Everyday Credit Card (I know, I know, I said I was giving up Stoozing, but the temptation was just too great!).

Immediately after completing the application, I received the Welcome email, logged back into Online Banking (it had timed-out while I was applying) and the account was there (with a useful credit limit too!)

Requested a small Balance Transfer straight away, and it was accepted with no suggestion that it would be deferred until after I had activated the card.

Applied online for Santander everyday Credit card on 23 September. When applying I put 'Yes' to balance transfer and put First Direct Gold card, on which my promo rate of 0.00% is ending on 01 October. The details on Santander website when applying said balance transfer will go through once I activate the card. 

Received email saying application approved straight away and that the card is on its way. 
    Logged in to the santander app and I could see the Everyday card account on there.

Yesterday logged in to Santander online banking via web then carried out a balance transfer for the First Direct Gold card balance. Soon afterwards, it was showing on recent transactions (around £1800) on Santander online banking. Today when I checked Gold card balance through app it's still showing as £1800, but I noticed the available balance has gone up to £3000 (my credit limit). Seems it's received the balance transfer. Just not showing up on the recent transactions yet.

Does anyone know if Santander will do a second balance transfer to First Direct GOld card when I activate the Everyday card? Remember, the balance transfer I requested when applying for the card. That's still in the pipeline, no?

• OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper

...... Does anyone know if Santander will do a second balance transfer to First Direct GOld card when I activate the Everyday card? Remember, the balance transfer I requested when applying for the card. That's still in the pipeline, no?

From the radio silence I take it no one knows, so, I've decided to contact Santander support. 
    Before anyone asks, yes!, I have a phone.

Heads up for anyone calling though. When I called about a week ago it took about 20 minutes to connect. After I got connected, turned out agent could not hear me. But I could hear him. I Think some issue with my Skype.
    May contact via chat to ask this time round, if not possible to do via chat, use land line to contact.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback