Unknown entry in credit searches

Options
I checked my noddle file this morning and noticed there was an entry for search yesterday.
Searches Group Limited (Id Ml Cval)
Searches Group (Ml Api)
Anti-Money Laundering
14/11/2018

The only thing I can think of is I applied for Mortgage last week and the hard search for that application came up for the same day I applied and it had bank name and joint app etc. Is this related to that?

I also noticed the address given in this search was wrong! My house number is 36 but this Anti-Money Laundering search had it as 30. Should I be worried about this and contact the bank? (nationwide)

Make £2019 in 2019 Challenge - £272.48/£2019

Comments

• Tallaght
    Tallaght Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Seems like a HMRC check.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    This thread here suggests that Cval indicates HMRC
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5553066
  • ironmanjason
    Options
    I looked up searches group ltd and contacted them.. they confirmed the check was conducted by my solicitor. When I checked with my solicitor they informed it's part of compliance check during the conveyancing process. Have never heard about it in past nor I was informed it would be done.

Make £2019 in 2019 Challenge - £272.48/£2019
  • podster7
    podster7 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’ve worked hard to finally achieve an impeccable credit file.
    Through illness I’ve claimed DWP support for my mortgage interest.
    The payments go directly to Santander my mortgage lender which wasn’t a problem until I realised that there is notes stating my mortgage is paid by a third party and Equifax and Experian etc both report a negative status on my mortgage account.
    I phoned Santander and was informed that as long as the DWP paid payments for mortgage interest , then I would permanently be reported in arrears by 1 month.
    This was never explained to me.
    My options to get any other mortgage when I’m back to work are now zero as every payment the DWP makes each month is a month of negative status which stays on my credit report for 6 yrs after the last DWP payment.
    Universal credit claimants etc are encouraged to pay their own rent etc out of their benefits as it’s ‘their human rights’ ....
    Does anyone know how I can get my DWP mortgage payments made to myself so I can pay my lender myself?
    Is there a contract I’m unaware of as part of the mortgage loan from DWP ?
    Any help sincerely appreciated xx
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    podster7 wrote: »
    I’ve worked hard to finally achieve an impeccable credit file.
    Through illness I’ve claimed DWP support for my mortgage interest.
    The payments go directly to Santander my mortgage lender which wasn’t a problem until I realised that there is notes stating my mortgage is paid by a third party and Equifax and Experian etc both report a negative status on my mortgage account.
    I phoned Santander and was informed that as long as the DWP paid payments for mortgage interest , then I would permanently be reported in arrears by 1 month.
    This was never explained to me.
    My options to get any other mortgage when I’m back to work are now zero as every payment the DWP makes each month is a month of negative status which stays on my credit report for 6 yrs after the last DWP payment.
    Universal credit claimants etc are encouraged to pay their own rent etc out of their benefits as it’s ‘their human rights’ ....
    Does anyone know how I can get my DWP mortgage payments made to myself so I can pay my lender myself?
    Is there a contract I’m unaware of as part of the mortgage loan from DWP ?
    Any help sincerely appreciated xx

Why drag up an old thread ?

You started a thread which was perfectly fine, when more experienced people see it they will reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure