PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• Well done FUDS, hopefully your Cardiologist is a down to earth and sensible person who will do all that needs to be done to get the best for you and get you as well and fit as is possible. So pleased it was such a positive appointment. Maybe you'll sleep a little easier tonight lovey xxx.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Good news Fuds - keep calm & carry on!!
    I'm somewhat peed off. Ive had my milk delivered for over 40 years and paid by monthly DD. Never been any problem. Now Muller have taken over and they want to bill weekly in advance by my debit or credit card. I have no problem with paying in advance its just the method - what protection is there if I use my debit card? I'm seriously thinking of cancelling completely.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    don't use your credit card silva you can't stop it if they stop delivering.

I would send them a letter, but you know me after that it would go wrong. I would probably stop getting my milk and find they denied not delivering.
  • westcoastscot
    westcoastscot Posts: 1,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ginny that sounds horrid! glad it wasn't as serious as it might have been.
    Fuddle, looks like you're moving in the right direction and have a partial answer which is great. Try and not worry, and relax until the next round of tests. will be thinking of you :-)
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    NM - its probably some whiz kid whose decided its a great idea - not! I could quite easily get my milk from the SM and more cheaply but my thinking was a) its keeps someone in employment b) sometimes its only the milkman who sees if there is anything amiss with his regulars and c) I can afford it and its convenient.
    I'm all for change and keeping up with the times/technology but I do think this was not thought out with the consequences
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • carolbee
    carolbee Posts: 1,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    FUDDLE

just seen word of the day on FB reading addict page is .... fuddle!
    Carolbee
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    So glad that one lady came to help Ginny, what a terrible world we live in. I hope you feel better soon.

Sounds like a good appt fuddle, bet you sleep well tonight.

Is that meant to be progress silva? I can see plenty going wrong there, especially when you have holidays, change your order, etc.

I'm looking forward to an early night, I've come over all tired!
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sounds like good progress Fuddle, and though myocarditis sounds complicated (cos it's a long word we don't type often), in my limited knowledge it can be self limiting (takes a while) or sorted with medication. At the very least, you'd have an answer and some idea. Not sure if you've had an MRI before, but they're not bad, just a bit noisy.

Silvasava, I give out my debit card details without much worry.... but there's never much money in that account and I keep an eye on it. I wouldn't be overly concerned myself, but I appreciate where you're coming from. I'd love a milkman here, but no do.

I get weighed today. I'm on day 11 of new way of eating. Hopefully I don't attack the scales in the chemist with a large branch like Basil fawlty and his mini :o
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oh Ginny, that sounds painful and scary. Glad you are recovering and hope your ears are still quiet!

Fuddle, good result today! Once the medics know what they are dealing with they can crack on with a treatment plan and now you can stop going round in circles while fighting for an answer (((0))). BTW, one of my work colleagues was diagnosed with myocarditis nearly 6 years ago. For a while he was put on light duties, but now he is back to full capacity. He has an annual check up to make sure the condition hasn't worsened.

Been a funny old day. I have been packing for the impending visit to mum, which we are looking forward to. I have also been sorting some domestic admin (repeat prescription, some bills to pay and a form to fill in), and ringing round my clients to get their shopping lists so I can do that tomorrow. Then, out of the blue an elderly friend rang and asked if I was going to the bank. "Not planning to, but I will do if you want me to, why?", says I. Well, she says, there is a cheque here for you. I was puzzled about this because I am not owed any money.
    Well, it turns out that a lovely gent who lived across the road from my friend (and was really her life partner although they didn"t ever share a home), has left me some money in his will.
    It was a massive surprise.
    I have been quite jittery all afternoon because I was taken totally by surprise and now I want to say thank you to him but.....well obvs he's not here.
    It's not a lot of money but I am so touched. The first thing i think I'll do is treat us all to fish & chips and raise a glass to him because we always had a little joke about that.
    Can you tell I am in shock?
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    MMF that is the very best sort of surprise. We always called money that arrived as a surprise, "Pennies from Heaven" and it was to be spent on something completely indulgent.
    Fish and chips certainly comes into that category.

Softstuff. Weighing machines can be bribed. Did you not know that?
    I hope it is a discreet machine in the chemist. It's not a 'Speak your Weight' one is it? I used to get on one of those in terror, sure that it would boom out, "One at a time, please." To a shopful of interested customers.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family