Post submission question

Hi,

Long term lurker and thanks to the help and information here have pressed submit button. Bankruptcy for me and my husband has been approved and just waiting for the call.

My question Is did anyone have to send bank statements, wage slips etc? I'm wondering if I should get some documents ready or just wait and see.

What documents did people need to provide?
TiA

Comments

• TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi and welcome.
    Yes, I was asked to provide 1 years worth of bank statements plus store card, credit card, utility bill statements, Council Tax and water bills etc - anything that evidenced my debts and outgoings really. I also had to give 2 years worth of pay slips. However, when it comes to bank statements - if you haven't got them the OR can get them directly from the bank.

I remember being rather proud of my neat, well ordered pile of papers and handed them in personally at the local IS office. The OR was lovely and said thank you for making her job so easy :)
  • broaps
    broaps Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    The Gardener's BR was a few years ago so I don't know if things have changed or if we were just lucky but the only thing we had to email was evidence of our phone contract and the health reasons why we needed a (£500) car despite being retired with no need to get to work etc. We weren't asked for any financial paperwork at all but did go through the figures on the application during the interview.

Good luck.
  • Annie35
    Annie35 Posts: 385 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I wasn't asked for anything, aside from receipt for hubbys car. Not sure if that was because my debt was from a long time before?? Anyway I did have a timeline written down to refer to but almost crumbled at the first hurdle - N.I.no used for id. Found it in my pile luckily.

Everyone seems to have a different experience, but mostly say it wasn't as bad as thought & the OR isn't there to judge, almost just to take a record really. ,
    Just have together what you can easily compile & just answer the questions honestly. Don't lead the OR into another Q or offer info out, they know what they want to discuss let them lead.
  • Thank you all, will be patient and see what they request.

Another question if you don't mind, my car has been valued at between 1290 and 1750, it's in pretty poor condition and needs work doing, will I likely need to sell it and get a cheaper one?
  • TheGardener
    I does seem more recent BR's are not being asked for so much - I suspect the OR actually has electronic access to most things these days - you sign a form basically telling them they can access any financial data about you.

The benefits of the pile of well ordered paper are that you also have something to reference when you get your OR call. :)

The car - all you can do is give a good explanation of what 'work' needs doing and how much that would cost. It will likely depend on the OR on the day as to whether they insist on you selling.
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    My B.R was 6 years ago now , the car I had was valued at £1500, I had a need for a car my job was a relief shop manager covering 35 shops, I did say I needed a reliable car and the examiner said it would be exempt
    I had a face to face interview and my examiner was more than fare..
  • Just to update for anyone trawling the internet looking for answers like I have for weeks.
    Had my interview this morning, the gentleman was really lovely.
    Not interested in my car so I get to keep that yay!
    Need to send 12 months of statements and my tenancy agreement. He wont tell my landlord if I can find and provide the agreement.
    I'm unlikely to have a IPA but he will let me know after viewing all the statements. So as long as all matches up (which it will) should be ok :)

Said I'm unlikely to hear from him but any problems to get in contact
    I feel much better after it all, good luck to anyone going through the same
  • TheGardener
    Brilliant - sounds like you had an old fashioned OR - like mine. TBH I was fairly sure they still asked for a years paperwork but some people do seem not to have to send much.
    Well done anyway - I hope you are feeling a bit 'lighter' :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure