Volvo car finance

Options
Hi
We have just come across an old document proving we had a car finance contract with Volvo Car Finance in 2003. However I have just looked on companies house and discovered that company was dissolved in August 2018! Does this mean we can’t make a claim? I’m almost certain their finance deals were done through a 3rd party, but I can’t remember which one - can anyone help?!
Thanks.

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,502 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    2003 was prior to regulation and if the company no longer exists to complain to, your complaint is almost certainly over.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You dont complain to the finance company. You complain to the seller. So, your complaint would go to the car dealer. However, car dealers were not regulated in 2003. It is only when the seller is a representative of the lender that the lender has the liability.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure