Anger as Tesco unexpectedly pulls top Clubcard offer - MSE News

Options
Tesco has suspended its popular Boost deal with train booking website RedSpottedHanky two months before it was due to be axed, after customers who'd ordered vouchers were left waiting for them to arrive...
Read the full story:
'Anger as Tesco unexpectedly pulls top Clubcard offer'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• nedchester
    Options
    I know of someone who had their eVoucher credited today although they did apply at the beginning of November.......
  • minislim
    minislim Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    no suprise here. tesco's are on the ropes and i think something big will happen soon with them.

their deals are terrible, the fresh fruit and veg is going off as soon as you get it home. the meat is poor quality.
    their stores are looking tatty and shabby.
    and their fuel prices are the highest of the supermarkets.

why would anyone still shop there?
  • Carl31
    Carl31 Posts: 2,616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    minislim wrote: »
    no suprise here. tesco's are on the ropes and i think something big will happen soon with them.

their deals are terrible, the fresh fruit and veg is going off as soon as you get it home. the meat is poor quality.
    their stores are looking tatty and shabby.
    and their fuel prices are the highest of the supermarkets.

why would anyone still shop there?

i dont know, i think price wise they are becoming more competitive with the lower priced supermarkets, but still being slightly more quality. we stoppeds shopping there for ages, but have been going back a bit more lately

Maybe they're dropping gimmicks just for better prices? After all these clubcard deals will have been paid for as part of their product prices, so none of these things would be "free"
  • tgroom57
    tgroom57 Posts: 1,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My RSH voucher didn't arrive as planned - last year. Turned out there was a (very) small human factor in the processing, normally not an issue. If there's been a flood of requests due to the looming end-date, this very small human factor could become significant.
  • John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence."

I used Tesco Clubcard vouchers to buy Red Spotted Hanky vouchers on
    * 1 November - RSH E-voucher issued eventually on 27 November
    * 14 November - refunded by Tesco on 17 November, but also appeared as an RSH E-voucher on 27 November!

I must say that neither of the customer services actually had any information about what was going on, but Chris Gordon of Tesco Clubcard Customer Services was very helpful, and we exchanged over half a dozen emails! :T
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Back on now.
  • ItsTHEBullring
    Options
    I am still waiting since the 31st October for my Red Spotted Hanky account to be credited, have send numerous emails, Tweets, and had telephone conversations, and still no real explaination as to what is going on.
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ...and it's been pulled again. No expected date for reinstatement.
  • nedchester
    Options
    Got my evouchers applied for last Monday (3/12) added to my redspottedhanky account this evening
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure