IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tesco's/Highview Parking PCN

Hi everyone
I recieved a PCN from Highview Parking through this morning's post (6th April), dated 4th April for a parking offence on 21 Mar for overstaying in a local Tesco carpark, was in there for 3hr 41 minutes (basically my OH went to shop, bumped into an old work friend and ended up going for lunch)

Its £42 if paid in 14 days, or £70 after

There is a photo of our car driving in, and also leaving the car park. Can this be appealed or rejected by us? She's had an earfull from me about it already :mad:

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 6 April 2018 at 10:12AM
    It is a scam, read all about it in the stickies.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    You can get this cancelled very easily. The fastest time known to us is within 2 hours. Go and beat that.

To do so, please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1, then do a forum search for 'Highview Tesco' or 'Highview Appeal' and follow the short road that other successful cases have.

Any issues, please come back, but advice above is sufficient for you to beat this by end of business, Monday next at the latest.

Make sure the appeal is made in the name of the person shown on the Highview letter and the process for appeal (including name and address of the keeper) is followed exactly as per the HV letter.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    britishboy wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    I recieved a PCN from Highview Parking through this morning's post (6th April), dated 4th April for a parking offence on 21 Mar for overstaying in a local Tesco carpark, was in there for 3hr 41 minutes (basically my OH went to shop, bumped into an old work friend and ended up going for lunch)

Its £42 if paid in 14 days, or £70 after

There is a photo of our car driving in, and also leaving the car park. Can this be appealed or rejected by us? She's had an earfull from me about it already :mad:

It happens all the time so don't get upset with your OH.

You can appeal but Highview will reject

The only plan action of action is to complain to
    Tesco .... the CEO direct.
    Receipts or credit card proof of spending money would
    be good.

The question must be, "do you want me to continue
    to spend money with Tesco or not, as a consumer,
    that is my choice .... do let me know.
    Full cancellation of this charge will resolve the matter"

Tesco Plc

Mr Dave Lewis Chief Executive

Email dave.lewis@uk.tesco.com
  • longwalks1
    longwalks1 Posts: 3,734 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    OK thanks all, will crack on right now. Just read the letter from Tesco that came with the PCN and it says she overstayed a month earlier, is this likely to alter the outcome, as we didnt get a PCN for that occasion? It said as we are 'valid customers' they overlooked that occasion
  • beamerguy
    OK thanks all, will crack on right now. Just read the letter from Tesco that came with the PCN and it says she overstayed a month earlier, is this likely to alter the outcome, as we didnt get a PCN for that occasion? It said as we are 'valid customers' they overlooked that occasion

You were picked up on ANPR.

So, you received the PCN by post but it's the Tesco letter
    that is worrying because they appear to know who you
    are and that means retention of data without your permission.

You must get this clarified by the CEO
  • longwalks1
    beamerguy wrote: »
    You were picked up on ANPR.

So, you received the PCN by post but it's the Tesco letter
    that is worrying because they appear to know who you
    are and that means retention of data without your permission.

You must get this clarified by the CEO

Right, this sounds a bit more serious? Should they know who i am just from my car number plate? Or could they of got it from Highview (or however they found out who's registered keeper of the vehicle)

Is it just a case of a couple of line email to the CEO? Or wil lit go into his spam/junk folder the the thousands of other complaints he must get every day?
  • beamerguy
    Right, this sounds a bit more serious? Should they know who i am just from my car number plate? Or could they of got it from Highview (or however they found out who's registered keeper of the vehicle)

Is it just a case of a couple of line email to the CEO? Or wil lit go into his spam/junk folder the the thousands of other complaints he must get every day?

Parking companies must not retain data without permission.

Highview obtained your details from the DVLA so they can
    contact the keeper. It is a "one off" and they or Tesco
    cannot use your data carte blanche
  • longwalks1
    Thanks again beamerguy

Ive just copied the template appeal letter from the MSE Sticky thread, but theres a bit in there about signs having too small lettering etc, i cant cofirm or deny that, still leave it in?
    Should i send this email appeal to Highview now?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 6 April 2018 at 11:05AM
    Did the letter come from HV or Tesco?

You need to find out from the DVLA who accessed your data, when and for what purpose. Likely to be HV, but get that in writing from the DVLA first.

If the letter has come from Tesco, then it's likely to only be HV who has passed your details to them. If that's the case, there's a potential DPA breach here.

Or are there two letters?

Can you let us see a redacted copy of the letters - host on tinypic, imgur, Dropbox or the like, then copy the url into your next post, but change the http to hxxp as newbies can't, at this stage, post live links. We'll do the conversion.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • longwalks1
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Just hold off on that for a mo. Is the letter you have from Tesco or Highview?

There are 2, in same brown envelope. The front page was a double sided one from Highview with photos of the car, and the 2nd sheet was a letter from Tesco saying they let the first overstay go in Feb, and as registered keeper in my name a PCN is now issued
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure