Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Membership is open to specially invited guests for a limited time so If you'd like entry please swipe your card on the reader :D;):rotfl:

My phones carp remember:rotfl:

Jo has just accepted our screenshot as proof and paid out my 89p:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    mhoc wrote: »
    Afternoon all

Todays best find in Sainsburys was a random box of Lindt Pralines du Confiseur in a beautiful white box on the RTC section with no SEL so I said lets at least try it. We had a look on the chocolate section and they were £12 :eek:
    This one though had a barcode sticker over the normal code and an expiry date of 31/01 - we thought it would still be £6 - far too much.
    At the till though it scanned for £2.99 so I paid for it with £2.50 nectar and 49p real money :T

Also I found the long lost Moma yogurts for COS on the sandwich section :j - how often do I say to people try the sandwich section and then don't follow my own advice.

Also on TCB it has 30p off Muller yogs but only valid until today. I am not going to get back to Asda today so I got 1 for each account as they are only 35p in Sainsburys - I got the famous pistatio ones - so OH has a fridge full Muller corners and I've got Moma and Muller pistatios, a fair division of goods :)

I hope we have lots of cashback items to buy in Sains for their promotion weekend....that could be our first tenner sorted:)

Minky ironing boards sounds a bit......well......dinky and manky:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Evening peeps.

Martin's email contains an article on wombling!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • curl_girl
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I hope we have lots of cashback items to buy in Sains for their promotion weekend....that could be our first tenner sorted:)

Minky products carry the Royal Warrant and have been going since 1941. (According to my new pack of pegs)

Comforting to know that the queen uses the same Pegs and ironing board as me. :D
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Yes its something I've been thinking about, what to get for £10 in Sainsburys over that weekend - apart from badly fitting clothes and topping up petrol tanks nothing springs to mind.
    Also I've just looked at the calendar and again its a weekend when we are fully occupied so it will probably just be a few shops early on Friday morning - same as the last scan and win weekend - sainsburys must be viewing our google calendar :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    My phones carp remember:rotfl:

Jo has just accepted our screenshot as proof and paid out my 89p:)

Every 89p counts :D

Its made me think that just to be on the safeside we should screen shot new COS offers as soon as we see them as a justincase and the activity page after we have uploaded a receipt. And then remember to delete the phots afterwards - my camera roll is already over loaded with photos of receipts and screenshots
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • curl_girl
    Thanks Izzey for the spice info.
    I called in little A on way home, no signs for the multi buy though or much choice.
    Just bought 8 assorted ones and 2 fillers just in case.
  • Muller and Walkers shop, used Tommy K and Mullers Christmas edition as triggers.
    14 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Sainsbury's
    3x Muller Corner Banana Yogurt with Chocolate Flakes (135g) £2.04 £1.05
    1x Muller Corner Peach & Apricot Yogurt (150g) £0.68 £0.35
    2x Muller Corner Vanilla Yogurt with Chocolate Digestive Biscuits (135g) £1.36 £0.70
    1x Walkers Sunbites Cheddar & Carmelised Onion Snacks (6x25g) £1.50 £1.00
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 N/A
    1x Muller Corner Blueberry Yogurt (150g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Walkers Sunbites Sour Cream & Pepper Snacks (6x25g) £1.50 £1.00
    3x Muller Corner Vanilla Yogurt with Chocolate Balls (135g) £2.04 £1.05
    1x Muller Corner Strawberry Yogurt (150g) £0.68 £0.35
    Comparison total (compared products only) £10.58 £5.95
    +£4.63 cheaper
    For your information:
  • TrulyMadly wrote: »

TrulyMadly - regarding the Minky Ironing Board comments, I only posted about these being reduced to £5 earlier to try and help another poster on this thread who was getting desparate as theirs was broken. Thanks. x
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi all, I’m home from my free one night b&b, actually they threw in lunch and evening meal :cool: Not quite what I’m accustomed to but bedding was clean but OMG the bed leaves a lot to be desired.

So on arrival I was left waiting at reception and my temperature was going through the roof. A lovely man came and took me into one of the small rooms, horse tablets and a pint of saline was what he recommended. High temperature and dehydration bah, not again :mad: I was supposed to come home yesterday but as I was enjoying my second pint it was suggested I stay for the evening.

Sorry, I’ve got to look at this lightly as there’s are so many more folk in a worse position than I. By rights I should still be there but as bed was needed I’m here at home in my own bed, I’ll bounce back tomorrow.

Thank you for the love, hugs and get well wishes. Tweets contacted me and said she had let you know where I was staying :rotfl: :rotfl: I’ve not read back yet but will make an attempt in the morning.

Love to all the poorly andthose low in spirit. I thought of you all yesterday and again this mo4ning when I awoke xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure