Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• So I've been biting my nails waiting for result of mortgage valuation which was carried out on Thursday, apparently Leeds BS have received the report and have sent to underwriters. Is that a positive thing? Would they have sent them to underwriters if property was down valued, would we know by now?

Apparently brokers say our documents are still in a queue due to Leeds BS being a week behind on processing documents, not sure how quickly they'll turn everything around. So I still have the worry there'll be an issue with affordability or something unexpected. Thought that was all done seeing as valuation happened but the wait continues!
  • Dave808_2
    Dave808_2 Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I've applied to the Leeds too, just wondered how long it took to get from application to valuation being done?
  • Dave808, we submitted application with all documents via broker on 24th Sept and the valuation was carried out on 1st Oct. It sounds like Leeds BS do valuation before they review any of your docs as ours are still in the queue for checking with underwriters. Feeling very nervous.
  • So got mortgage valuation report in the post from Leeds and all ok on that front! Quite relieved as been paranoid about down valuing but still don't know how long until/if we get a full mortgage offer. Service standards say 3 days for underwriting but it's been a longer than that already!
  • Connor73
    Connor73 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Hi everyone we had valuation done on Thurs 1st Oct on new build and we waiting to hear from offer from Natwest impatiently ....does anyone know how long it takes to hear from offer?
  • teffers
    teffers Posts: 698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 October 2015 at 2:54PM
    mashmash90 wrote: »

Apparently brokers say our documents are still in a queue due to Leeds BS being a week behind on processing documents, not sure how quickly they'll turn everything around. So I still have the worry there'll be an issue with affordability or something unexpected. Thought that was all done seeing as valuation happened but the wait continues!

I went with Leeds BS via a broker and it took exactly 1 month from application to offer received by post.

They asked for 1x extra thing (3 extra months of banks statements - taking the total to 6 months).

I'd read some posts about heavy delays with Leeds but I was pleasantly surprised with how (relatively speaking) quick it was in my case.

From Valuation to offer it was 8 days for me.
  • teffers wrote: »
    I went with Leeds BS via a broker and it took exactly 1 month from application to offer received by post.

They asked for 1x extra thing (3 extra months of banks statements - taking the total to 6 months).

I'd read some posts about heavy delays with Leeds but I was pleasantly surprised with how (relatively speaking) quick it was in my case.

From Valuation to offer it was 8 days for me.

Thank you for that. We need to exchange on 21st so a bit anxious if it took you a month but not as bad as what I've heard. Broker has 12 months worth of statements already so hopefully they have everything they need already. It's been 5 working days since valuation for us so judging by your experience, I might hear by end of the week, you never know! I think I'm being a bit overambitious to think we can complete by Friday 30th October but a girl can dream! Our solicitors have literally done everything now so just pending mortgage offer now.
  • Connor73
    Connor73 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Great news broker just texted to say natwest have passed everything and sending offer in post.....hope receive it tommorrow��
  • Connor73 wrote: »
    Great news broker just texted to say natwest have passed everything and sending offer in post.....hope receive it tommorrow��

What an amazing turnaround! Congratulations! :T We had valuation done on same day but not with Natwest so still waiting...emailed broker for update but know I'm just being annoying and impatient!
  • Anagran
    Anagran Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Does anybody know, once the decision has been made is it either just a yes or no, or is it possible they might say yes but on a lower amount? Or in that case is it a no and can you then reapply for a lower amount? Beginning to get really worried as they are querying some of the income and I am worried it wont be accepted.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback