IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tesco parking ticket

Options
Hi everyone , I have read the newbies section and am about to send the template letter to HIGHVIEW PARKING , I had stayed 1 min over at Tesco and am now on the website of HIGHVIEW and the first question you come across is

Tick here to confirm that you were the driver and that the PCN you have received contains the correct information

Tick here to confirm that you were not the driver or that the PCN you have received contains incorrect information

What do i put , that its correct ?

Comments

• ziggyboy4435
    Options
    You also don't have anywhere to put the template letter in only a short message , It also asks for your email address , phone number and full name
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 March 2019 at 10:31PM
    Options
    Obviously the second one.

You will have read not to disclose the driver's identity.

Supply email address and full name and address of the keeper.

The next screen will allow you to state your appeal.

Ensure you save a screenshot of your appeal just before submission.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,700 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 21 March 2019 at 10:32PM
    Options
    You did not get a PCN for being 1 minute over, that's not possible, but never mind that.
    Tick here to confirm that you were the driver and that the PCN you have received contains the correct information

Tick here to confirm that you were not the driver or that the PCN you have received contains incorrect information

What do i put , that its correct ?
    OBVIOUSLY NOT. Come on, that would be saying 'and I am the driver'!!

Why didn't you just search the forum for a short few keywords phrase from that question, to find the umpteen dozen times people have asked the same thing?

Searching for keywords like this would be quicker than starting a thread:

Highview tick here incorrect information

The forum search system is really good if you opt to 'show results as posts'.
    Almost no question on this forum is new.

:)

You also don't have anywhere to put the template letter
    No-one else has ever said it doesn't fit in the appeal box, so I'm sure it will.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It also asks for your email address
    KeithP wrote: »
    Supply email address and full name and address of the keeper.
    Just set up a throwaway Gmail email address, and use that exclusively for dealing with this parking charge.

Do not use your day-to-day email address. Never give one of those to any scammer

How hard is that?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,035 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't give them your phone number either they will plague you and give it to their useless debt collectors, why not give them Tesco's phone number to worry!
  • Egbert_Nobacon
    Options
    Was the Tesco store manager helpful when you complained ?

If not google the CEO email with polite request to cancel.

Doesn’t cost anything to try.
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Get your MP involved.

On 18th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these private parking companies. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, and persistent offenders denied access. Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers.

Until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • ziggyboy4435
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You did not get a PCN for being 1 minute over, that's not possible, but never mind that.

OBVIOUSLY NOT. Come on, that would be saying 'and I am the driver'!!

Why didn't you just search the forum for a short few keywords phrase from that question, to find the umpteen dozen times people have asked the same thing?

Searching for keywords like this would be quicker than starting a thread:

Highview tick here incorrect information

The forum search system is really good if you opt to 'show results as posts'.
    Almost no question on this forum is new.

:)

No-one else has ever said it doesn't fit in the appeal box, so I'm sure it will.

yes i was 1 min over , you can park for 3 hours and they had me for going in at 9.05am and leaving at 12.06
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,700 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No, that is not why the PCN was issued; please don't assume wrongly that it was.

Anyway, just use the template appeal and don't tick the 'silly answer' box.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Egbert_Nobacon
    Options
    As CM says this will not be for a one minute overstay.

BUT it won’t hurt to imply this is the case when you complain to the store manager tomorrow.

First advice in the NEWBIES is to politely complain to the landowner/retailer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure